If you could be any anime character...

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:21 pm

vskid wrote:@benol: I know the newer SpongeBob episodes suck, but overall the show is good. Better than the crap the Disney Channel has on now.
Not agreed. Spongebob has yet to lose its touch.

Loki

Post by Loki » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:41 pm

Electric Rain wrote:...I should see Black Cat... I can only wonder if it's the kind of anime I'd be into...

I can't believe nobody's said Kenshin Himura yet!

NO ONE is badder with a sword. I don't care what anime they're from.
OMFG I miss that show so much, that guy was fliping B A, see i told yu i forgot about half the anime ive ever watched.

soundwave

Post by soundwave » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:36 pm

Triton wrote:dont forget how fail beastmachines was! i dont even count headmasters etc as canon because they pretty much sucked, and so did G1 after the first movie, quality went downhill after that.
I've tried two or three times, I can't make it past the first episode of Beast Machines, same with Victory, Energon, and Cybertron.
Actually, not sure if I even bothered to watch Cybertron..just kind of based my opinion off of Armada and Energon.

Are Headmasters and Masterforce better or worse than Victory? I could only make it through like 15-20 minutes of the first episode of Victory.

Overall, its pretty pathetic how quickly Transformers lost the game, after one series? Especially considering how positively awesome the first two seasons and movie where. Look at Gundam, which made it through several ~50 episode runs, and several miniseries's before finally falling to the inevitable. Or DB/Z/GT which popped out two extremely long series's before GT came out, and went downhill.
Maybe it has something to do with Peter Cullen, first two seasons of G1 has Cullen and were made of win and good. Then nothing...until the live-action movie, which kicked ass.

tl;dr
if ( !PeterCullen )
return "Don't go past the pilot, the series is already doomed."

benol

Post by benol » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:38 pm

Electric Rain wrote:...I should see Black Cat... I can only wonder if it's the kind of anime I'd be into...

I can't believe nobody's said Kenshin Himura yet!

NO ONE is badder with a sword. I don't care what anime they're from.
I LOVE the theme song to that show. Especially the Japanese version. Sobakasu=ROXORZ!!!
PM me for DS friend codes. PLEASE!
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

Help My MyMiniCity, plzkthxbai

Electric Rain
PSN Username:Denki_no_Ame

Post by Electric Rain » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:04 pm

benol wrote:Sobakasu=ROXORZ!!!
YES. J-pop FTW!!! :D

benol

Post by benol » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:10 pm

Electric Rain wrote:
Could you tell me any good J-Pop groups? I mean, other than Judy and Mary of course.
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

Electric Rain

Post by Electric Rain » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:36 am

benol wrote:
Electric Rain wrote:
Could you tell me any good J-Pop groups? I mean, other than Judy and Mary of course.
:shock: Dude... I can't count 'em... what are you looking for? Groups specifically? Lemme see... I like The Brilliant Green. The Pillows are an irreplaceable J-rock group (responsible for the FLCL soundtrack). Every Little Thing is good. To be honest, I'm more a fan of solo artists. My favorites are Angela Aki, Bonnie Pink, Maaya Sakamoto and Yui. I actually listen to the radio more than I do my own music library. It's very important to note that I mean internet radio, as anything else is utter crap. I used to listen to Keiichi.net, then I got sick of them and their remixes. Now I listen to Kawaii Radio for my J-pop fix... which is actually all I really listen to. ^-^

Felino

Post by Felino » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:34 am

Any chick with a cleavage you can ski down. :P
Charlie wrote:I always wanted to try wall flips, but I'm too attached to my neck.

Jongamer
PSN Username:Geekystig790
360 GamerTag:Mesu Gitsune

Post by Jongamer » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:27 pm

Tenchi from Tenchi Muyo.

I mean come on, surrounded by hot women nearly 24/7, and having 2 of the hottest fighting over you.

Hell ya :D :lol:

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:06 pm

benol wrote:
Electric Rain wrote:
Oh man, there's so many good ones! :D Some of these aren't J-Pop, persay, but they are Japanese. UVERworld is pretty damn sweet, as is Asian Kung-Fu Generation. Who else? FLOW, High and Mighty Color, X Japan, Terra, Bivattchee, Fiction Junction YUUKA, the list goes on. Sorry, those are the only ones that come to mind off the top of my head, but there's way more than that. I say DEFINITELY give the first two bands a listen, they're both awesome, especially the songs Rewrite by Asian Kung-Fu Generation, as well as Zero no Kotate, SHAMROCK, D-Technolife, and Chance!, all by UVERworld.

CTFan

Electric Rain

Post by Electric Rain » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:55 pm

CronoTriggerfan wrote:
benol wrote:
Electric Rain wrote:
Oh man, there's so many good ones! :D Some of these aren't J-Pop, persay, but they are Japanese. UVERworld is pretty damn sweet, as is Asian Kung-Fu Generation. Who else? FLOW, High and Mighty Color, X Japan, Terra, Bivattchee, Fiction Junction YUUKA, the list goes on. Sorry, those are the only ones that come to mind off the top of my head, but there's way more than that. I say DEFINITELY give the first two bands a listen, they're both awesome, especially the songs Rewrite by Asian Kung-Fu Generation, as well as Zero no Kotate, SHAMROCK, D-Technolife, and Chance!, all by UVERworld.

CTFan
O_o ...I know very few of those... I think I need to expand. :lol: How do you really find out about all these people? I found out about Bonnie Pink because she sang "It's Gonna Rain", which is the ending theme to Rurouni Kenshin. I found out about The Pillows from the FLCL soundtrack. I found out about Maaya from... I don't remember... she's done enough stuff to where it'd be hard not to know who she is. You see where I'm going, anyway. Maybe I just need to watch more anime? :lol:

benol

Post by benol » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:17 pm

What about ORANGE RANGE? They are pretty freakin' sweet!
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:29 pm

orange range is awesome (asterisk ftw) also yoko kanno, Masahiko Arimachi (outlaw star intro) and many others!
Last edited by Triton on Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

benol

Post by benol » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:33 pm

What about Fever or Zung Zung Funky Music?
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

Felino

Post by Felino » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:57 pm

I am just letting all of this wash over me.. :?
Charlie wrote:I always wanted to try wall flips, but I'm too attached to my neck.