If you could be any anime character...

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Electric Rain
PSN Username:Denki_no_Ame

Post by Electric Rain » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:03 pm

Oh, of course Yoko Kanno! She's my favorite composer ever. Period. It's amazing how many different genres of music she can write. Her wiki article lists the following as her genres:
  • Shibuya-kei
    Jazz
    Orchestral
    Electronic
    New Age
    Blues
    Folk Rock
    Electro Rock
    J-Pop
    Art Rock
She's all over the place too; every anime you say to yourself, "Wow, this anime has a great soundtrack!" she probably has her hand in. :lol: She writes most of Maaya Sakamoto's songs, which make them twice as awesome to me, since I already like Maaya's voice. She responsible for the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack (performed mostly by The Seatbelts, another great group), Ghost in the Shell, Wolf's Rain... it's countless the number of things she's had her hand in, really.

Oh, and Steve Conte... check him out too. He's actually the lead Guitarist for the New York Dolls, but he's done a good deal of work with Yoko Kanno for a handful of anime series. He sang Call Me Call Me, Words That We Couldn't Say and No Reply for Cowboy Bebop, Stray, Heaven's Not Enough and Could You Bite the Hand for Wolf's Rain, and one of his favorite songs of mine, The Garden of Everything, a duet with Maaya Sakamoto. :D He's got a great voice, anyway... but more importantly, YOKO KANNO PWNS. ^-^

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:17 pm

Triton wrote:orange range is awesome (asterisk ftw) also yoko kanno, Masahiko Arimachi (outlaw star intro) and many others!
Asterisk is a great song! :P Do you watch Bleach now or somethin, John? Oh, and I totally second you on the Yoko Kanno. Good stuff!

CTFan

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:20 pm

no i dont watch bleach, yet lol, ive seen a few episodes and like it so im gonna try and watch it from the begining sometime. plus my friend david is possibly the biggest bleach fanboi evar! currently "legally aquiring" The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya which seemed interesting, after that ill start watching bleach then perhaps lucky star and some other shows lurking in the back of my mind, and finish watching those who hunt elves!

Electric Rain

Post by Electric Rain » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:43 pm

Yeah, I heard the song "God Knows" a few weeks ago on the radio. I liked it a lot, so I went to see what anime it was from. That's how I found out about The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and I haven't heard about ANYTHING else since then. :lol: It has become huge... apparently it's the biggest anime in Japan right now, and Bandai recently licensed it for the US. They're advertising it on Comcast On Demand too... you have no idea how surprised I was when I saw it come on the preview screen. :shock: I'm DEFINITELY gonna check that out once I finish Ah! My Goddess (which I REALLY hope they come out with a third season to).

benol

Post by benol » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:48 pm

Electric Rain wrote:Yeah, I heard the song "God Knows" a few weeks ago on the radio.
:shock: You have a J-Pop radio station?! Lucky!
PM me for DS friend codes. PLEASE!
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

Help My MyMiniCity, plzkthxbai

Electric Rain

Post by Electric Rain » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:31 pm

Ha! I wish! Refer back to a previous post of mine on page 6...
Electric Rain wrote:I actually listen to the radio more than I do my own music library. It's very important to note that I mean internet radio, as anything else is utter crap. I used to listen to Keiichi.net, then I got sick of them and their remixes. Now I listen to Kawaii Radio for my J-pop fix... which is actually all I really listen to. ^-^
:wink: