If you could be any anime character...

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:55 pm

I would be the one who destroys all of the anime ever.

Especially the Japanese anime.

Anime is full of blood, violence, and in the Japanese versions, swearing and sex.

And it's a cartoon, so some parents assume it's okay to watch.

I am against anime.
Hey, sup?

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:59 pm

Kurt_ wrote:I would be the one who destroys all of the anime ever.

Anime is full of blood, violence, and in the Japanese versions, swearing and sex.

I am against anime.
Wikipedia on anime wrote:Outside Japan, the term most popularly refers to animation originating in Japan. To the West, not all animation is considered anime; anime is considered a subset of animation.
All anime is technically Japanese. :P Also, anime is a style of cartooning, not a sub-plot referring to violence, sex, gore, etc. This is coming from a guy that hates the same things you do in animes.

MasamuneX

Post by MasamuneX » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:03 pm

ImageImageImage
Last edited by MasamuneX on Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:04 pm

When I said Japanese Anime, I'm referring to the unedited versions of the subset of cartooning known as anime originating in Japan. Like this thing I saw yesterday on youtube before I closed it. Here's what happened:

There's a guy with a sword through his lung lying on the ground. Another guy laughs and steps on the sword. Gushing blood sprays from the wound and the man on the ground screams horrifyingly in agony and the man stepping on the wound laughs evilly. Then some things happen (maybe a scene change, I don't know) and there's a topless girl being dragged away by the waist so that she is bending backwards.

Not the kind of thing I'd want my kids watching. If I had kids.
Hey, sup?

Electric Rain
PSN Username:Denki_no_Ame

Post by Electric Rain » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:08 pm

I am against anime.

benol

Post by benol » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:18 pm

I am against anime.
That's what makes it awesome? What do you do, watch HGTV and the Food Network all the time? Seriously! ALL TV HAS THAT STUFF!!!
PM me for DS friend codes. PLEASE!
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

Help My MyMiniCity, plzkthxbai

Electric Rain

Post by Electric Rain » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:21 pm

benol wrote:

I am against anime.
ALL TV HAS THAT STUFF!!!
Thank you.

The only way it's different is that anime doesn't use real people to display this, which you'd think would make it easier to detach your real life from what you see on TV. :roll:

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:25 pm

I dislike the way the animation looks, and the stories all seems to be made of fail. I mean, half-naked guys yelling for 5 minutes, then blasting energy at each other, and then they stand their panting. And people say SpongeBob is stupid...

benol

Post by benol » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:34 pm

vskid wrote:I dislike the way the animation looks, and the stories all seems to be made of fail. I mean, half-naked guys yelling for 5 minutes, then blasting energy at each other, and then they stand their panting. And people say SpongeBob is stupid...
Newer episodes of SpongeBob are completely retarded. I really like the way anime looks, and just because it isn't as fluid as western animation doesn't mean it sucks. Apparently you are stereotyping that all anime is like Dragonball-Z. It is not. However, I do hate those long monologues. Also I have decided what anime character I want to be:

BO-BO-BO!

PM me for DS friend codes. PLEASE!
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

Help My MyMiniCity, plzkthxbai

Electric Rain

Post by Electric Rain » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:35 pm

vskid wrote:I dislike the way the animation looks, and the stories all seems to be made of fail. I mean, half-naked guys yelling for 5 minutes, then blasting energy at each other, and then they stand their panting. And people say SpongeBob is stupid...
SpongeBob is stupid, and to be fair, DBZ kinda is too. :lol: What you need to do is not group the plots of all anime in together. There are many many kinds of anime I do not enjoy... probably most of them, in fact. But it's all far too different to group together like that.

Also, do you mind telling me why you're posting here if you dislike anime so? Is it just to raise your post count? ^-^

Valium

Post by Valium » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:37 pm

I am against anime.

Loki

Post by Loki » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:51 pm

omg it would be so weird to be Bobobobobobo now thats the weeirds anime ever, if you were the one who expected storys to make since and everyting flow into one, this show isnt for you, you have to expect anything to happen at anytime. its a good show :D

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:52 pm

You can't be in more than one place at once, so you have to pick which Tenchi. Tenchi Muyo! Tenchi, or Tenchi Universe Tenchi, etc. That whole alternate universe thing confused the hell out of me at first, but then it occured to me as an ingenious way to get multiple, conflicting ideas for your show and character out there without screwing up continuity.
either tenchi muyo tenchi or the universe one, but tenchi in tokyo was made of fail, havent seen GPX so i cant say about that one
I would be the one who destroys all of the anime ever.
I am against anime.
dont blame the show for parents not DOING THEIR JOB AS A PARENT, that makes you as bad as jack tompson and his ilk, i like anime because the good ones have deep involved storylines and detailed characters and are quality entertainment versus the CRAP that hollywood blows out its butthole, most american movies are 10x worse than anime for cussing violence sex etc. and in japan they can differentiate between shows made for kids (pokemon etc) and other anime intended for more mature individuals (bleach and stuff for teens and adults, plus hentai etc)
Quote:
I remember when I use to pretend I was Gohan. My screen names involved Gohan, I would constantly quote him, and I would make up exercises to do in our dinky little 4' above ground pool and call it "training"...

me and my friends "made" bokens and pretended to be samurai. you're not alone.
at least we arent as lame as david huh! my friend david dresses as Byakuya Kuchiki for tae kwon do class and has the shingami logo TATTOOED ON HIS ARM! :lol:
TETSUOOOOOOO!!!!!! :lol:

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:57 pm

Electric Rain wrote:
SpongeBob is stupid, and to be fair, DBZ kinda is too. :lol: What you need to do is not group the plots of all anime in together. There are many many kinds of anime I do not enjoy... probably most of them, in fact. But it's all far too different to group together like that.

Also, do you mind telling me why you're posting here if you dislike anime so? Is it just to raise your post count? ^-^
If I tell you, I just raise my post count again. :| I really don't care about my post count, it could be changed to zero for all I care (as long as my posts aren't deleted).

Kurt_ posted his opinion, you bashed it, so I came to his defense, showing that not all geeks are slaves to crappy animation and names you can't pronounce. You can bash me all you want, thats my opinion, that anime sucks. Did I say that you guys are stupid for liking it? No, because thats your choice.

@benol: I know the newer SpongeBob episodes suck, but overall the show is good. Better than the crap the Disney Channel has on now.

Twisted Warthog
PSN Username:fragd0g
360 GamerTag:onionknight110
Steam ID:flint1011

Post by Twisted Warthog » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:04 pm

Some of the older spongebob episodes were pretty good. I mean when it was just starting.

That one episode called The Suds was pretty hilarious. :lol: