WE WIN!!!

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert
WE WIN!!!

Post by Kurt_ » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:02 pm

http://www.xe.com/

Today the Canada dollar closed HIGHER than the US dollar. It's about time!

Discuss!
Hey, sup?

joevennix
Portablizer

Post by joevennix » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:09 pm

"The only exception to the no-touching rule is if you happen to come across currency that is greater than or equal to one U.S. dollar. Or $8 Canadian--since even though the exchange rate isn't that low, it's still Canadian currency, which is perceived as being instrinsically less valuable then all other currencies, Turkey's lira not withstanding."

-John Maddox, The Alphabet of Manliness, p 161

:D

Congrats for the win though, everyone should just convert to one currency (like Europe did). It would make things much easier. Or we should just pay with chunks of ore.

Kurt_
Portablizer

Post by Kurt_ » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:12 pm

Chunks of ore would be very efficient. Imagine paying for a house in unrefined gold.

And yes, the Canadian dollar does feel like less still. I guess it's because Canada just kind of sits back and lets America do all the International Politics and war. Less involvement makes it seem like we do less. But we don't! I swear!
Hey, sup?

Kyo

Post by Kyo » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:20 pm

Aw man, what are we gonna joke about now?

Wait a second... Currently, compared to euros, you guys have the worthless currency! I'm rich!

Kurt_
Portablizer

Post by Kurt_ » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:33 pm

Yeah sure. Sit all content with your more valuable money and better keyboards.

We'll sit here with our unified language and money of equal value, thank you very much!

What is the difference between the Cadillac Fleetwood and Cadillac Deville.
I know the Deville replaced the Fleetwood, but is it the same car with a different name or was the fleetwood completely discontinued after 1996. Because I love that interior. I must have it.
Hey, sup?

THON

Post by THON » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:39 pm

Kurt_ wrote:Chunks of ore would be very efficient. Imagine paying for a house in unrefined gold.

And yes, the Canadian dollar does feel like less still. I guess it's because Canada just kind of sits back and lets America do all the International Politics and war. Less involvement makes it seem like we do less. But we don't! I swear!
Some Europeans have gold stashed up because they were afraid of inflation during the war.

I'll bet that'll come in handy for America pretty soon. Wait, I forgot, it's not a war. It's a war on terrorism. But doesn't that not exist? What? Who?

Kurt_
Portablizer

Post by Kurt_ » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:54 pm

Right now, fluffy bunnies are fluffier than non-fluffy ones.

EDIT: Vskid - Way to twist my words. You should be ashamed of yourself!
Last edited by Kurt_ on Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey, sup?

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:07 pm

Kurt_ wrote:Right now, Bush and those who support him are no better than the terrorist groups.
Politics!!!

Last I checked, we haven't hijacked any of their planes and flown into buildings with innocent civilians, killing 3000. Anyone plotting to do that (or car bomb, etc) to anyone should be disposed of. In fact, anyone that commits planned murder (or murder resulting from a plan, like robbing a bank and killing someone) should get a first class ticket (aka: bullet) in their skull to 6 feet under.

Ben Cebhrem

Post by Ben Cebhrem » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:16 pm

I suppose we Americans will have to look forward to bashing the Yen for the next few decades at this rate. :cry:

Kurt_
Portablizer

Post by Kurt_ » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:31 pm

I heard the Canadian dollar's victory will be short-lived. It's going to go back down soon.

However, it'll probably go back up. Apparently either us Canadians have less money or you Americans have more money then we did yesterday!
Hey, sup?

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:51 pm

So your money is now equal value to the U.S. currency. That doesn't chance the fact that you Canadians have a higher cost of living and so will be spending more money in the end. And so we Americans have the last laugh.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:56 pm

This news ruins a good joke.

"If you can convince someone they are in Canada, you can charge them more for a magazine."

Kurt_
Portablizer

Post by Kurt_ » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:57 am

Actually that still holds true. Things are cheaper in the US still, due to various factors that I never cared to near about. Some items (cars, I think it was) can cost up to 15% less in the US than in Canada. Bah.
Hey, sup?

gamer2

Post by gamer2 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:01 am

lol, Michigan is shutting down tomorrow and this happens with canada.

Kyo

Post by Kyo » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:33 am

You know what sucks? I earned 25$ over the internet yesterday. Which i switched to 16 euros. SIXTEEN EUROS. You know what REALLY sucks about this? That for sixteen euros, you can get stuff worth sixteen dollars. BOO!