I just ran over benheck....

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Dr. KillGood

Post by Dr. KillGood » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:52 pm

bicostp wrote:I don't have the right hardware to play the game (might get a 360 next spring at graduation, though), so I guess I'll just stick with UT and Quake 3. (I swear, if they didn't make any more PS2 games I'd have no current consoles. :lol:)
Dr. KillGood wrote:blablablahalosuckscosidedsobla
If you aren't going to contribute anything productive to the discussion, ignore it. :roll: Is this another case of "I hate it because it's popular" syndrome (the same disease iPod bashers and Linux zealots suffer from)?

I've only played a little Halo 2 at a friend's house, and while it isn't the best game ever coughtetriscough, it isn't by any means complete garbage.
That is not it at all. It is because me and my brother cant afford to buy the game so I am hating it so I do not feel so bad. :roll:

iPod's do suck though. I got the l33tst CD player EVER!

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:30 pm

I really want a 360 now, so I can play games with you guys. :( Maybe I'll be able to convince my parents to get us one this Christmas, wonder how much they'll be day after Thanksgiving...

@Dr KillGood: A ~$400 360 is much better for me than a $1000+ computer. Why? Because the only reason I'd need a computer that good is for games, so why not save some money and get a 360 and an ok computer(/deal with this one)?
Heres how much it would cost me right now to buy everything needed for a 360 and Halo 3 or a computer and AA.

360-$350
Halo 3-$60
Live-$50
Total-$460

Computer-$1000+
AA-$0
Total-$1000+

As you can see, a 360 would be much cheaper for me. And don't say anything about needing to buy a tv, as almost every household in America already has one. Plus I'd rather play on a 48" HDTV than a 20" monitor (I could hook a computer up to the tv, but then I'd need some sort of desk for a keyboard and mouse).

bioniclebert

Post by bioniclebert » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:30 pm

Valium wrote:Just because there are better games out there doesn't mean Halo 3 sucks.

The guy is just narrow-minded.
Nicely put.

Dis-liking both of the first two, I can't say I'm too excited to go out and buy a 360 for this. Realizing that Xbox has a lot more games for gamer types out there than nintendo does, I'd be willing to make the switch to microsoft, but maybe not until their next system launches.

I'm still a PC fan over all, as I can't play a FPS' well without a keyboard and mouse setup. I still like the modular abilites of a PC anyway, totally customized and upgrade ability, that even make the old systems useful for running servers, etc.

I'm looking forward to the orange box by valve. I have heard people playing TF2 had a blast, and I'm really interested in playing that and portal.

And my next PC, trying to build before the end of the year, is projected to cost about 500$. (nice dual core, ati x1950 pro, 2 gig ram, some cheap mobo)
Making XNA Games in C#.

benol

Post by benol » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:40 pm

Dr. KillGood wrote:
bicostp wrote:I don't have the right hardware to play the game (might get a 360 next spring at graduation, though), so I guess I'll just stick with UT and Quake 3. (I swear, if they didn't make any more PS2 games I'd have no current consoles. :lol:)
Dr. KillGood wrote:blablablahalosuckscosidedsobla
If you aren't going to contribute anything productive to the discussion, ignore it. :roll: Is this another case of "I hate it because it's popular" syndrome (the same disease iPod bashers and Linux zealots suffer from)?

I've only played a little Halo 2 at a friend's house, and while it isn't the best game ever coughtetriscough, it isn't by any means complete garbage.
That is not it at all. It is because me and my brother cant afford to buy the game so I am hating it so I do not feel so bad. :roll:

iPod's do suck though. I got the l33tst CD player EVER!
That's no reason to hate it.

btw, it's My brother and I, and can't has an apostrophe. Sry, I needed to get my fix. Haven't corrected grammar in a month lol.
PM me for DS friend codes. PLEASE!
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

Help My MyMiniCity, plzkthxbai

gamer2

Post by gamer2 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:45 pm

my room mate got halo 3. he played it on hard for 5 hours straight and beat it. Now he is a pro at multiplayer. I'll stick to wii.

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:47 pm

Liking both of the first two, I can say I'm excited to go out and buy a 360 for this. Realizing that Xbox has a lot more games for gamer types out there than nintendo does, I am willing to make the switch to Microsoft, and definitely before their next system launches. :P
dragonhead wrote:sweet. ive spent a third of my life on benheck!

Dr. KillGood

Post by Dr. KillGood » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:57 pm

VSKID you LOSE

Computer for $1000 then you get a crap of free games from the internet.

360 for $400 then you got to buy a ton of games at $60 a piece and that adds up to $1000 easily just from 14-16 games.

PC is win. What do you think they use to make the games that are on 360? :wink:

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:58 pm

Dr. KillGood, leave this thread.

EDIT: Just noticed I posted without my message. :P I'm glad people are enjoying this game. I've yet to play much online play - is it good? Any better than it was with the Crackdown beta?

Valium

Post by Valium » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:03 pm

Dr. KillGood wrote:VSKID you LOSE

Computer for $1000 then you get a crap of free games from the internet.

360 for $400 then you got to buy a ton of games at $60 a piece and that adds up to $1000 easily just from 14-16 games.

PC is win. What do you think they use to make the games that are on 360? :wink:
A PC capable of playing ported 360 games costs a lot more than $1000.

And lets not forget that they cost just as much.

ZN13
Steam ID:Z_Nelson13

Post by ZN13 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:31 pm

I personally don't own a 360, but once marching season is over I'll get a job a probably buy one; and Oblivion for PSP.

I have played Halo before, and it was good, but I don't really see the point in "idolizing" a single game. Halo is not the only shooter out there, but it seems to be a favorite. I don't really understand why someone would wait all night for a single game, when you could just buy it in another week or so.

Even though I did go on a Wii campout, but that was for a console, so it's different. :D
Why is it that every time I post in a thread, it dies?
:lol:

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:11 pm

Even if you don't like Halo, theres no way it sucks, $170 million in nets sales on day 1 doesn't lie (though if Spiderman 3 was as bad as the first 2, it can). Thats a record for a single day of sales by any entertainment product. Heres a link to the story.

theelk

Post by theelk » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:19 pm

I was just playing with Ben for a few minutes, but he had to go, and then I had to go. And his voice was all broken and laggy...
I don't want to make an "I'm leaving" thread, but I've sort of lost interest in this board. So if you notice that I'm gone, that's why.

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face

Post by gamemasterAS » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:21 pm

theelk wrote:I was just playing with Ben for a few minutes, but he had to go, and then I had to go. And his voice was all broken and laggy...
I saw something on the xbox forums about live just about dieing due to the surge in people playing.

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:22 pm

@vskid: 2,830,000 copies - then. I see all of these articles comparing its release to a movie's, when the price of a ticket is six-eight times less than the game.

THON

Post by THON » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:23 pm

benheck wrote:Argh! Teabag-revengeance!
Best. Ben. Quote. Ever.