dungeons and dragons

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

ganonbanned
dungeons and dragons

Post by ganonbanned » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:56 pm

hey, anyone play this? I have before, though with the new rules and I thought it sucked. mainly, because from what I heard, I expected demons, monsters, and long explanations of things, but from what I hear the new version from wizards is very chopped-down compared to the old version. I know this because I have a friend, whose father was the vice president of TSR back in the day.

so, this is basically a D&D discussion, but I have a question: is there anywhere I can print off old D&D and advance D&D books? I would like to try that before I give up.

soundwave

Post by soundwave » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:25 pm

I've played table-top RPGs before, they're alright, but go extremely slow. That mixed with my complete lack of seriousness made me quit early on.

ganonbanned

Post by ganonbanned » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:28 pm

soundwave wrote:I've played table-top RPGs before, they're alright, but go extremely slow. That mixed with my complete lack of seriousness made me quit early on.
yeah, thats one of the reasons I stopped playing, dungeons and dragons makes some of the most calm kids you know seem like they have ADD.

ATOMICMAN

Post by ATOMICMAN » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:15 pm

ganonbanned wrote:
soundwave wrote:I've played table-top RPGs before, they're alright, but go extremely slow. That mixed with my complete lack of seriousness made me quit early on.
yeah, thats one of the reasons I stopped playing, dungeons and dragons makes some of the most calm kids you know seem like they have ADD.
d&d is way too slow for me. i did however play warhammer 40k and necromunda.

Lucretius

The tri-toothed saber-space-shark was my true nemesis...

Post by Lucretius » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:29 pm

I must admit I've dabbled in such games, but most were made by me and a friend in middle school during lunch. We'd sit and make our own, no interested in the rules and regulations of others systems. Once or twice we'd read some rule set or another, ifo only to figure out how to solve a loophole in the rules we'd made, but it was pretty cool how we could work on our own. Plus how objective we could get. Not always bothering to write up the names of creatures or attacks. And if we did, it was usually in space or such. Those were great times...
-Luke

warmachine

Post by warmachine » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:07 am

ganonbanned wrote:
Yeah, I know kids with Advanced Dungeons and Dragons as well; poor guys, too nerdy for their own good.
NUCLEAR

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:52 am

I've played Palladium's Rifts and a little Heros Unlimited. I'd love to get back into it but I work most of the weekend, the guy that GMed is working six days of the week and really all three of use that really played got side tracked by World of Warcraft.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face

Post by gamemasterAS » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:50 am

Well Right now I have a few armies of 40k sitting in my basement with a large landscaped battle going on that I think is already being dismantled. My brother 1 of his freinds and me are getting kinda in to it, its a fun game. My brothers freinds dad has 1 of every army and thousands of dollars worth of 40k stuff.

I dabbled in a bit of pen and paper RPG's to, those are pretty fun.

totokan

Post by totokan » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:55 am

Well, I play 40k, and at one point I played D&D. If the OP wants to know where they can get some old books, PM me. I'll give you some linkys.
Shhh! I'm not officially back yet.