So where can I buy a switch online?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Dr. KillGood
So where can I buy a switch online?

Post by Dr. KillGood » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:34 am

I want to mod my old keyboard, like I said a long time ago, so you can turn the windows keys on and off with a switch! So where can I buy a cheep switch/wire online because my parents don't want to drive me anywhere.

Felino

Post by Felino » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:12 am

Ever heard of walking?

It helps to tell us were you are. I know a great fish shop in the antarctic.

Arrgh, my original post had a 'n' in 'walking'. Ima tired.

I am being worse than benol here, but to you really want a feathery switch?
Charlie wrote:I always wanted to try wall flips, but I'm too attached to my neck.

Dr. KillGood

Post by Dr. KillGood » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:22 am

The nearest electronics store is like 5 miles away.

G-force

Post by G-force » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:37 am

I ran nearly 10 miles (then back) the other day, it's actually a lot of fun :) It might take you a while, but imagine the storys you can tell your children about modding....
"When I was a kid I had to walk 5 miles just to get a switch! You kids have it so easy now days!"

But really, ebay probly has some for sale, and if not mouser.com or digikey would have what you're looking for. Or you can always tear apart your moms washing machine and get it off there.

Kyo

Post by Kyo » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:17 am

If you don't want to wait for it to ship, and if you don't want to walk anywhere take any random broken piece of electronics (that has a switch of course, but seriously, what DOESN'T?!) and desolder or cut it off from it.

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Re: So where can I buy a switch online?

Post by bicostp » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:14 am

Dr. KillGood wrote:I want to mod my old keyboard, like I said a long time ago, so you can turn the windows keys on and off with a switch! So where can I buy a cheep switch/wire online because my parents don't want to drive me anywhere.
GAH! The word you want is "ch<b>ea</b>p"! "Cheep" is the sound birds make! :roll: (Sorry, but that's really annoying.)

You do know you'll probably pay more for shipping than the price of one at the store... Right? (Walk, bike, take the bus... lazy. :P)

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:43 pm

A bike will make 5 miles go by really fast. Or just have your parents drop you off there if they drive by on their way somewhere else. Or, since you're 18 (or so you said in your b-day thread), you could get your driver's license (like most people 16 (or whatever the age is for your area) have already done) and then borrow your parent's car and drive yourself there.

Dr. KillGood

Post by Dr. KillGood » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:10 pm

I have a drivers permit but it expired because my parents are always to busy to give me driving lessons.

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:51 pm

Mouser, DigiKey, ebay, RadioShack, there's switches everywhere on the vast interwebz! A quick Google search could've cleared this up in a matter of seconds. Locked.

CTFan