What are the best and worst games you have ever played?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Lucretius
Stupid is as pitfalls does...

Post by Lucretius » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:37 pm

I'll stick to the DS since it's what I know right now:

Best: Animal Crossing: Wild World - want to get the WoW addicts away from the computer? GIve them this. Course you'll have an AC:WW addict, but we're really pleasant and dig indie music and shower.

Worst: Brain Age - I get it, I'm stupid. And now I've purchased a game that can tell me that too. That's super fun!
-Luke

ampscardshop

Post by ampscardshop » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:56 pm

Super mario bros 3 Best Brat it in 2 and a half hours

worst hexen Really Really Hard
Evil comes your way when the NES are gonna take over the world
[b]my Video game sell[/b]http://forums. ... 58#p377158

grahamwheat

Post by grahamwheat » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:40 pm

Best: The "Command and Conquer" series before Generals (haven't played TW yet)

Worst: Banjo-Kazooie

Skyone

Re: Stupid is as pitfalls does...

Post by Skyone » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:43 pm

Lucretius wrote:Worst: Brain Age - I get it, I'm stupid. And now I've purchased a game that can tell me that too. That's super fun!
Oof! But it's so fun to find out you're smarter than your parents. :P

Dr. KillGood

Post by Dr. KillGood » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:43 pm

Best: C&C Renegade, I would still play it but it is loaded with hackers and their is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that can be done about it.

Worst: Children of Mana for DS, my friend was like "OMG everything with 'OF MANA' in the name is good!" So I bought it for $30.00 and sold it a week later with ought hesitation for $12.00

benol

Post by benol » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:18 pm

Dr. KillGood wrote:Worst: Children of Mana for DS, my friend was like "OMG everything with 'OF MANA' in the name is good!" So I bought it for $30.00 and sold it a week later with ought hesitation for $12.00
I disagree. My little sister bought that game, and it's kind of fun! (This is coming from someone who has never played any other mana game, by the way)
PM me for DS friend codes. PLEASE!
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

Help My MyMiniCity, plzkthxbai

benol

Post by benol » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:22 pm

Lucretius wrote:I'll stick to the DS since it's what I know right now:

Best: Animal Crossing: Wild World - want to get the WoW addicts away from the computer? GIve them this. Course you'll have an AC:WW addict, but we're really pleasant and dig indie music and shower.

Worst: Brain Age - I get it, I'm stupid. And now I've purchased a game that can tell me that too. That's super fun!
Trust me, AC:WW will bore you to death eventually. I haven't played it in 3 months. My town is probably full of weeds and everyone hates me. I also missed my birthday too.

Also, I hate Brain Age on a different note. It's so freaking boring!
PM me for DS friend codes. PLEASE!
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

Help My MyMiniCity, plzkthxbai

Twisted Warthog
PSN Username:fragd0g
360 GamerTag:onionknight110
Steam ID:flint1011

Post by Twisted Warthog » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:13 am

grahamwheat, explain why Banjo Kazooie is the worst game you've played even though it has received praise and acclaim from everyone. Not to mention it has got no lower then a 9 out of 10 In every review.

You kinda just disrespected the whole platforming genre by saying one of the best platformers of all time is the worst game you have ever played. You idiot.

teraflop122

Post by teraflop122 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:26 am

Just because a game is well made does not guarantee everyone will like it. I universally hate all card battle games, while some people will insist some are good, for example.

BEST: Simcity (Classic, 3000, 4), Civilization 4, Conquest: Frontier Wars, Galactic Civilizations 2 (all PC)

WORST: Master of Orion 3 (PC), Sonic the Hedgehog Anniversery Ed. (GBA)

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:59 pm

I forgot just how bad MLB 2k7 is for DS. The crap they tried to pull here is unnacceptable; even NES baseball games are better than this.

1. Subpar graphics. I'd say like way early 3D models used here. Acceptable if this was 1994 on the SNES.
2. 1 Stadium. 1!!!!! I'm not sure about the size of DS cards, but I'm for certain they could have fit more than 1.
4. Jerky pitching. Sometimes a 78 mph curve seems to go 100, and a 97 mph fastball goes about 73. Other times pitches start up, slow down, start up again only to slow down once more.
5. 2 player models. Theres a white guy, and a black guy.
6. No season mode.

There was more but I'm getting sick just thinking about this game. Whats even worse is that the only alternative is GBA Baseball Advance. It's a fine game, but I'm not paying $60 for a cart only copy.

jedi knight

Post by jedi knight » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:02 pm

benol wrote:
Dr. KillGood wrote:Worst: Children of Mana for DS, my friend was like "OMG everything with 'OF MANA' in the name is good!" So I bought it for $30.00 and sold it a week later with ought hesitation for $12.00
I disagree. My little sister bought that game, and it's kind of fun! (This is coming from someone who has never played any other mana game, by the way)
Play Secret of Mana for the SNES, and you will see how crappy Children of Mana really is compared to it.
Meh, I don't post much.

G-force

Post by G-force » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:03 pm

Best! Half-Life (PC)

If you don't know why, GET IT NOW. :shock:

Worst.... Batman Beyond (PSX) NO saves! Not throughout the entire game. And you fight trashcans that shoot you, and occasionally some punked out clowns. Over and over. And over. I still beat the game, and had a lot of fun doing so, but I was younger then... The standards are higher now :wink:

Lucretius

Post by Lucretius » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:23 pm

benol wrote:
Lucretius wrote:I'll stick to the DS since it's what I know right now:

Trust me, AC:WW will bore you to death eventually. I haven't played it in 3 months. My town is probably full of weeds and everyone hates me. I also missed my birthday too.

Also, I hate Brain Age on a different note. It's so freaking boring!
Everything's boring, hmm? :-P

Actually, I've been at it since June last year, it's still fun. :-P
-Luke

grahamwheat

BJ

Post by grahamwheat » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:02 pm

grahamwheat, explain why Banjo Kazooie is the worst game you've played even though it has received praise and acclaim from everyone. Not to mention it has got no lower then a 9 out of 10 In every review.

You kinda just disrespected the whole platforming genre by saying one of the best platformers of all time is the worst game you have ever played. You idiot.

It seemed like every level consisted of Me finding any number of birds, red feathers, gold feathers, music notes, and puzzle pieces. That kind of repetitiveness just isn't fun.

The controls were fairly intuitive, but swimming underwater (as in Mario 64) was a constant chore. I also don't like the idea of not being able to walk up hills, fly, etc., until a mole tells me that I can. It also seemed like dying was impossible.

There was also an utter lack of boss battles, which are feel are what should be most anticipated in a game level (don't take that as too much of a generalization.) When something climaxes with my discovery of a yellow square and the unlocking of another twentieth of a picture, I just don't care.

I played about halfway through the game, and at very few points I actually cared about beating it. I got tired of collecting and collecting until I thought that I had enough, but then being told that I had to go back and collect some more. I realized that the only reward for collecting was the ability to collect more stuff in a different place, so I stopped.

I find it hard to believe that disrespecting a respected game in a genre means that disrespect all games in that genre. How can I disrespect Donkey Kong, Super Mario Bros 1 and 3, Super Mario World, Sonic 1-3,
Sonic & Knuckles, Mega Man 1-X3, Wario Land I-II, Kirby's Adventure, Kirby's Dreamland 1 & 2 and everything else like that when they were released before Banjo-Kazooie, could not have borrowed much at all if anything from it, and were made by different companies? I can't.

Oh, and:

3.9/5
4/5
8/10
8/10

ValiantVenality
Portablizer

Post by ValiantVenality » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:07 pm

Best: Sonic Adventures 2

Worst: Superman 64

Nuff' said.

VV