Now I understand...

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

gamer2
Now I understand...

Post by gamer2 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:02 pm

...Why people download movies. Especially Theatrical films that are still in theaters.

Last night I went to go see Balls of Fury, it was good.

Enough about that....I had $10 to my name to go to the show. I go and here are my expenses

$6.75 for an adult ticket
$3.25 for a large soda (no ice)

a friend helped me out with the tax.

Thats getting horrible. $10 just for a movie and a large soda. They need to lower the prices of theaters if they are to get patrons.

Your thoughts?

Valium

Post by Valium » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:03 pm

Buy snacks and drinks at a local store. Its what I've always done.

lifeisbetterwithketchup
Steam ID:lifeisbetterwithketchup

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:08 pm

Yeah, buy a 75 cent bag of Reese's Pieces at the Target across the street instead of the $4 bag at the theater that's the same size. That's what I always do. Deep pockets are your friends.
Rekarp wrote:
mako321 wrote:What makes you head ninja, anyways? :wink:
Cause I am Abe F#!@ing Lincoln. :mrgreen:

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:23 pm

I agree, movies nowadays are just too damn expensive. Anymore, I don't buy snacks or anything. There's a BK lounge and a Wendy's right next to our theater, so I just buy a meal and drink there and "smuggle" it on in. Cheaper and tastier! :D

CTFan

soundwave

Post by soundwave » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:25 pm

Wow, if I go to the movies I spend a good 18-19 bucks if I want to
1. see the movie
2. get a large soda
3. get a large popcorn

Now...why do I pirate movies so much? I wonder.

Connecticut is great, everything costs like 50% more than some other areas.

EDIT -- Also, this is why I stay away from the movies, but sometimes a movie has to be seen in theaters (Transformers [twice], 300, etc)
Last edited by soundwave on Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gamer2

Post by gamer2 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:27 pm

Its kind of hard to smuggle stuff into a theater in the summer. I only wear blue jeans and a T shirt. But I figured a way to smuggle stuff in that way.

Wear the T-Shirt tucked in and wear a long sleeve blue jean jacket. But my theater gives random "pat downs" to prevent smugglers and potential bootlegers. Its a lot easier in the winter when you have a Car hart on.

ganonbanned

Post by ganonbanned » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:37 pm

where I live its $8-$10 on a friday night, depending what movie it is, on top of that its costs $10 for a large soda and popcorn :shock: . My mom can get tickets to any movie though ahead of time for $6, and $2 large popcorn and $1 large soda tickets, her work has connections.

I love going to the movies though, its way better going to the movies with your friends then sitting in front of a computer screen alone.

oh, and about your soda problem: first, they charge extra for ice? WTF?

second: whenever I go to the movies, I usually dress goth (Goths pwn emo's) I where a black shirt and really baggy pants with a lot of deeps pockets and chains. no, I am not a loser. You can usually get away with sneaking a lot of candy in though. They have budget theatres where it costs like $3 to get in, but those places are really nasty, smell bad, on the wrong side of town and there are a lot of crack addicts there.

gamer2

Post by gamer2 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:50 pm

ganonbanned wrote: oh, and about your soda problem: first, they charge extra for ice? WTF?
I dont like Ice when I am in a theater. It melts too fast, I like to savor it. Also you can get more soda in a ice less container.

dudex77

Post by dudex77 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:06 pm

CronoTriggerfan wrote: There's a BK lounge and a Wendy's right next to our theater
Dane Cook isn't funny. I completely agree with the whole piracy thing so I don't end up wasting money on a potentially bad film. Unless it's a film that you really need the big screen to fully enjoy such as lord of the rings or something, I'm perfectly happy watching the film in not too great quality on my 20 inch screen. Plus in Spain all the films are dubbed and that just pisses me off, if anyone else watched 300 in spanish you'll understand. But with the whole expensive thing the theaters try and argue that because of all the piracy they have to up their prices to make money which basically just gets rid of half the costumers who actually would see the movie. gamer2, do they actually pat people down at the movies where you live?
Kurt_ wrote: I would use tact switches but I want the mushy feel. Mushy = God. (I typed that correctly).

gamer2

Post by gamer2 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:17 pm

dudex77 wrote:
CronoTriggerfan wrote: There's a BK lounge and a Wendy's right next to our theater
Dane Cook isn't funny. I completely agree with the whole piracy thing so I don't end up wasting money on a potentially bad film. Unless it's a film that you really need the big screen to fully enjoy such as lord of the rings or something, I'm perfectly happy watching the film in not too great quality on my 20 inch screen. Plus in Spain all the films are dubbed and that just pisses me off, if anyone else watched 300 in spanish you'll understand. But with the whole expensive thing the theaters try and argue that because of all the piracy they have to up their prices to make money which basically just gets rid of half the costumers who actually would see the movie. gamer2, do they actually pat people down at the movies where you live?
Yea, not only for people smuggling in snacks and sodas but for weapons. Some people shot up the theater a couple years back and they have been patting people down ever since.

Black Six
360 GamerTag:Black 5ix

Post by Black Six » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:32 pm

The majority of my friends and I have given up on buying food at the movies. We're perfectly capable of either sneaking our own stuff in or going for 2 hours without eating anything. With tickets being ~$10 here, who wants to spend more money?
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long." -Anonymous
Threads Closerized: Lost Track, Whoops

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face

Post by gamemasterAS » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:43 pm

ganonbanned wrote: I love going to the movies though, its way better going to the movies with your friends then sitting in front of a computer screen alone.
You can just invite your girl friend over or invite some friends to your house. I mean who is cooler then the kid who has the pre-release Spider man 3 party ? I mean you have to go other places with your girl freind but they usaly don't mind to come over watch a movie instead of seeing it in theaters.

benol

Post by benol » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:46 pm

Black Six wrote:The majority of my friends and I have given up on buying food at the movies. We're perfectly capable of either sneaking our own stuff in or going for 2 hours without eating anything. With tickets being ~$10 here, who wants to spend more money?
:shock: 2 hours without eating?!?!?! How do you do it?

:lol:
PM me for DS friend codes. PLEASE!
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

Help My MyMiniCity, plzkthxbai

theelk

Post by theelk » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:27 pm

I went to The Simpsons Movie with one of my buddies, and it was 20 bucks WITHOUT FOOD. 10 a ticket! Granted it's a high quality theater, but the same can't be said for the tiny screen that I went to in Delaware with my cousin to see Hot Rod for 9.50 each. This is USD, BTW. Although nothing quite beats the look of a giant screen, film-quality movie...
I don't want to make an "I'm leaving" thread, but I've sort of lost interest in this board. So if you notice that I'm gone, that's why.

Dr. KillGood

Post by Dr. KillGood » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:51 pm

lifeisbetterwithketchup wrote:Yeah, buy a 75 cent bag of Reese's Pieces at the Target across the street instead of the $4 bag at the theater that's the same size. That's what I always do. Deep pockets are your friends.
LOL thats what I do, you live in Georgia too lol?