Title Program, Phase 2: ??? (WouldIfICouldButCan'tSoIWon't)

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

DK

Post by DK » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:27 am

totokan wrote:I believe that custom titles should be given to a user after xxx number of posts. For example, once someone hits 1000 posts, they should be able to put in their own title. I don't like the ranking system, where more posts=better title, but the above example seems to be a good way to give users what they want, and it's easily implementable.
Wouldn't that encourage spamming as people would want to post as much as possible. I believe that people who have made a great contribution to the forums should get to choose their title.Means it'll be a while until I get a title :lol:

And I'd love to see the jokey award titles like "Spammer of the Year" and the "Worst Project Award".

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:06 pm

Well I now propose (in addition to the forgotten Forum 43 proposal) that we get some mini-mods to dish out titles to deserving people. All they would be able to do is give titles out (to deserving members), dish out special titles, and maybe delete posts from bots.
Hey, sup?

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:31 pm

Kurt_ wrote:Well I now propose...that we get some mini-mods to...delete posts from bots.
Spam bots have been pretty active the last week or so...

Kurt_
Portablizer

Post by Kurt_ » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:35 pm

Wow! Proper use of the ellipsis points!

And the admins have NOT been active. If they were they'd just fix that problem with a quick 2+2 mod on www.benheck.com/phpbb/*, so I doubt mini-mods will be implemented anytime soon.

But if they are, I call a spot! :P :wink:
Hey, sup?

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:36 am

Kurt_ wrote:Wow! Proper use of the ellipsis points!

And the admins have NOT been active. If they were they'd just fix that problem with a quick 2+2 mod on www.benheck.com/phpbb/*, so I doubt mini-mods will be implemented anytime soon.

But if they are, I call a spot! :P :wink:
Can you do that? :P

Yeah, Maybe when someone reaches 2000 posts, or does enough projects, they can request a title.

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

benol

Post by benol » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:40 am

I think there needs to be more admins, period. Like, how many are there? Two? What if we promote all of the mods to admin, and make way for some new mods?
PM me for DS friend codes. PLEASE!
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

Help My MyMiniCity, plzkthxbai

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:07 am

we really dont need any new mods or admins at this point, main issue (other than ben not installing the 2+2 mod) is the fact that most of the current mods arent very active and that the mods only have mod power in certian sections (i for example have n64 snes case construction and f42) but not others. if we could all mod all sections then we wouldnt be having so many problems!

Kurt_
Portablizer

Post by Kurt_ » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:44 am

Right now the problem is that the mods can't be demoted. Because it's mean or something.

Truthfully, I've only seen Sky, CTF, Triton, and maybe one other mod in the last few weeks who came more than one or two times.

We may have more than enough mods, but I say we demote some of the less active mods and replace them with more regular members.

This isn't my lust for power talking..this time.. This is my desire for a better system than a hierarchy.
Hey, sup?

dudex77

Post by dudex77 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:06 pm

If anyone gets made a mod please don't let it be Kurt_. It's really getting annoying having him beg to be mod at least once a day. But yeah we eed to demote some mods and make Bic an admin. Has spongebuel or sparkfist been here in the past couple of months?
Kurt_ wrote: I would use tact switches but I want the mushy feel. Mushy = God. (I typed that correctly).

benol

Post by benol » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:24 pm

I think they showed up once last month.
PM me for DS friend codes. PLEASE!
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

Help My MyMiniCity, plzkthxbai

dragon

Post by dragon » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:30 pm

I smell a mutniy. :D just joking.
And yea I think new mods or something are needed because a few spam bots posts haven’t been deleted or their accounts banned.

Kurt_
Portablizer

Post by Kurt_ » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:25 pm

I'm not begging to be a mod. I'm simply informing the public that I'm available for the job, should the need arise. :wink:
Hey, sup?

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:45 pm

Kurt_ wrote:I'm not begging to be a mod. I'm simply informing the public that I'm available for the job, should the need arise. :wink:
Same goes for me, I generally like sitting back among the normal people and letting others take care of stuff, but I'll help if I'm needed.

Bay_Wolf

Post by Bay_Wolf » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:52 pm

*Raises Hand*

I will help also and be a mod if the need arises.

Regards

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:40 am

honestly there isnt a need, if we get rid of the mini mod system as it is and let all mods mod all sections then the active and semi active mods will be MORE than enough, and asking to be a mod (or hinting at it, or implying that you would be a good one or stating that should the need arise etc) will NOT help your chances! odds are if we find we need a new mod we probably have someone in mind when the situation arrises. i dont know why you guys seem to think we need like 20 mods, we only have a few hundred regularly active members for cryin out loud!