Title Program, Phase 2: ??? (WouldIfICouldButCan'tSoIWon't)

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert
Title Program, Phase 2: ??? (WouldIfICouldButCan'tSoIWon't)

Post by Kurt_ » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:18 pm

Well I think it's about time we started "Phase 2" of the titles program.

Here's a refresher of Phase 1:
Horrible, power-mad Luc wrote: Alright, here's the scoop: We really want to give you guys titles based on your achievments and merits and whatnot. But that turned out to be harder than planned, so we're gonna break things up into phases. Phases one is assign the "Portablizer" titles to those who made portables. So here's what you need to do to get one:

POST IN THIS THREAD WITH YOUR NAME, PORTABLE NAME, AND A LINK TO THE THREAD WHERE YOU ANNOUNCED IT'S COMPLETION WITH PICTURES. ANY OTHER POSTS WILL BE CONSIDERED SPAM.

If you portable is really nice or you've mae a bunch, we might grant you a "Portablizer Extraordinaire" title or something along those lines.

PS: if you're wondering what the titles we're hoping to dish out were, here ya go:
Ranks: title

Good: "Portablizer" "Techie" "Helpful Member"
Bad: "Spammer" "Flammer"
2-day Temp Ban: "In Time Out"
1-week: "Grounded"
Perm: "Exiled"
Super Good: "Portablizer Extraordinaire" "Senior Member" "Legendary Member" "Moderator" "Admin"
I would say phase 2 would be to dish out the lesser titles, like "Helpful member" and whatnot to those who have been here a while, and although have not completed a portable, contribute to this community. We could also give out...less honourable titles to people who have been here for some time and contributed nothing.

So, I can't promise anything, I can't even make this a sticky, but let's try to get SOMETHING going. Who knows, it might turn into something worthwhile and Admin-bugging.

So, to start off Phase 2, please post why you or another is deserving of the title of "Modder", "Helpful Member", "Spammer", or "Flamer"

Also, what would be considered senior? Call me power-hungry, but I would like the title "Senior Member". I mean, it's been almost 2 years, which is nearly half of the forums' existence. (This is just a long shot).

Please, treat this like an official sticky. If it gets too out of hand nothing will come of this. No spam, flaming, or irrelevant or off topic posts.

Let's make something of this, shall we?
Hey, sup?

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:30 pm

In all honesty, I don't think this'll happen. I mean, we can't even get the higher-ups to install the mod to stop spambots, what makes you think they'll take the time to do this sort of thing, cool as it may be? :roll:

CTFan

THON

Post by THON » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:38 pm

Helpful Member

I posted a complete Sega 3 wiring guide in the Sega section.

benol

Post by benol » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:58 pm

Make my title borderline spammer!

Half of my posts are locked. :lol:

EDIT: Or it can be
PM me for DS friend codes. PLEASE!
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

Help My MyMiniCity, plzkthxbai

Bay_Wolf

Post by Bay_Wolf » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:01 pm

The only title I would want is Senior Member and I guess I would accept Helpful Member if it was given but I doubt that this will happen as previously stated the mods haven't yet gotten rid of the spam bots altogether.

Regards

dudex77

Post by dudex77 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:14 pm

Meh I don't think we need any more titles other than maybe "modder" and just in the case when someone does something really cool but isn't a portablized system like a mame cabinet or bacteria's bigboy advance thing.
Kurt_ wrote: I would use tact switches but I want the mushy feel. Mushy = God. (I typed that correctly).

blackbox_dev

Post by blackbox_dev » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:46 am

Maybe modder or hacker for me, due to my knowledge of electronic circuits.
I'd imagine right now you wish you were a cuttlefish...

typamc95

Post by typamc95 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:29 pm

How about:Never Gets anything done-For me?
Skyone wrote:
typamc95 wrote:There called Roto-disc.
http://www.mariowiki.com/Roto-Disc
Game, set, match!

ganonbanned

Post by ganonbanned » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:35 pm

ahh, I dont see it happening, nor would I like it to. man I dont know why everyone rips on luc. I know I used to and he wasnt my favorite mod but he was decent. I remember once after he stepped down he came back and we were all ripping on him and he came to the topic :oops:

jeroen

Post by jeroen » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:38 pm

iam7805 wrote:Maybe modder or hacker for me, due to my knowledge of electronic circuits.
Or maybe something that states involvement in blackbox (the team and the console ;-)) If he gets it me want to! :wink:

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:25 pm

I reccomend:
Kurt: Useful member
vb_master: M.I.A.
bacteria: Skillz

SS

EDIT: Luc = Win!
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:34 pm

You're missing the point. This will never be taken seriously if people make up any title they want. Try to stick to the pre-designated choices.
Hey, sup?

XPCportables

Post by XPCportables » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:10 pm

Luc was my favorite mod, until the end when he got out of control. But still, he was a good mod, He just couldn't handle the growth of the Forums.

I like the idea of having the Senior Member label applied to people who have been here for a couple of years.

benol

Post by benol » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:34 pm

XPCportables wrote:Luc was my favorite mod, until the end when he got out of control. But still, he was a good mod, He just couldn't handle the growth of the Forums.

I like the idea of having the Senior Member label applied to people who have been here for a couple of years.
Does 1 year and 5 days count for senior member? lolz
PM me for DS friend codes. PLEASE!
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

Help My MyMiniCity, plzkthxbai

Bay_Wolf

Post by Bay_Wolf » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:42 pm

I don't think that will cut it for being a senior member. Something like 2 to 2.5 years and older should get it.

Regards