Which Countries Would You Like To Visit?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

-endorn
Which Countries Would You Like To Visit?

Post by -endorn » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:23 pm

Out of curiosity, I'd love to know the answer to the above question, and why you'd love to visit that country! Thanks for replying.
Am I missing an eyebrow?

benol

Post by benol » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:29 pm

Japan. Because I am a total nerd, therefore Japan is the most awesome place ever!
PM me for DS friend codes. PLEASE!
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

Help My MyMiniCity, plzkthxbai

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:59 pm

I'd like to visit places where you can bring joy to people by coming. Like the dominican republic (the real dominican, not the tourist part) where a dollar is worth a day's food. Bringing supplies to them would bring a feeling that would be unmatched by nearly everything. I hear they like soccer a lot too!

Apart from those sorts of places, Australia seems nice, minus the shark attacks (which I'm sure there's not many of) and the cane toad problem. Japan's too crowded for my liking. Maybe a country where there's a large focus on shopping? Flea markets and the likes.
Hey, sup?

benol

Post by benol » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:12 pm

Kurt_ wrote:I'd like to visit places where you can bring joy to people by coming. Like the dominican republic (the real dominican, not the tourist part) where a dollar is worth a day's food. Bringing supplies to them would bring a feeling that would be unmatched by nearly everything. I hear they like soccer a lot too!

Apart from those sorts of places, Australia seems nice, minus the shark attacks (which I'm sure there's not many of) and the cane toad problem. Japan's too crowded for my liking. Maybe a country where there's a large focus on shopping? Flea markets and the likes.
Wow, Kurt_. You are a much more benevolent human being than I.
PM me for DS friend codes. PLEASE!
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

Help My MyMiniCity, plzkthxbai

Kurt_
Portablizer

Post by Kurt_ » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:21 pm

Japan's nice too! I tend to lean away from mainstream everything.

I once thought that killing off everyone with a genetic disease or blood relative of them would eliminate the genetic flaw from society. I also believe that humans are parasitic, infecting the earth, and MANY of them should be..."disposed of". Of course, I'm not criminal mastermind, and would not be able to kill someone. Let alone kill off roughly 50-80% of the world's population. Instead, I'm waiting for Hollywood to become real and an apocalypse to hit us all.

I kid.

What I would really like to do that would be hard enough is to get everybody with potential for a genetic disease in future generations to stop reproducing. It would benefit us all. And would be much better than watching people die a slow and painful death, or live life crippled in some physical or mental way.

So instead, I think of helping people who could easily benefit by the sharing of some of my wealth. Which is currently nothing. Except my wealth of knowledge. Which isn't a whole lot either.

I just want to live a nice quiet life, secluded from cities and the likes. I'm thinking Central Ontario. Not too far away from everything, but still very secluded. The land is probably cheap there too. Buy some wind/solar generators, and I'm set! Oh, and a family. And a job would be nice too. :P

I would enjoy visiting the Canadian Wilderness. Possibly the middle-east. They're all really nice people over there. They have a different set of values. Don't get things confused. Terrorists account for a very small amount of society.
Hey, sup?

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:26 pm

Canada: been there once, technically twice already... but wouldn't mind going back... something about that country is different, but nice. But highway 401 in Ontario is extremely boring :(

Mexico: I love speaking Spanish, and would be able to here. Plus, the shows I've seen on the Travel Channel with Mexico seem really interesting

Spain: Again, I love speaking Spanish, and it seems like that's a nice country that I've heard a lot of good things about

Cuba: Seems like it would be very interesting, if nothing else.

England: For some tea and fish n' chips, I guess :P

For those that use Facebook, there is a Where I've Been application that is really nice, good way to keep track of where you've lived, been to, and want to go to.
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

grahamwheat

Post by grahamwheat » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:06 pm

I've been to Mexico twice, Canada twice and the Britain once, and technically I've been to Iceland (just the airport).

I'd like to go back to Canada and Britain to really see the countries (sans the family reunions, waterparks, and art museums). The fewer people, the better. Stonehenge was surrounded by a rope fence and paved pathway, with people all around, with a parking lot not far away. It was impressive, but it was hard for me to enjoy the experience (especially with Donkey Kong Land III waiting in the car). The parts of Canada I saw (Winnipeg and Vida) looked like Minneapolis and Northern Minnesota. From all the pictures i've seen both countries must have much more to offer.

[/rational thinking]

Anywhere where I can jump off rocks.
EDIT: into the water

nightwheel
PSN Username:nightwheel
360 GamerTag:nightwheel94
Steam ID:nightwheel

Post by nightwheel » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:11 pm

Kurt_ wrote:Maybe a country where there's a large focus on shopping? Flea markets and the likes.
Well then all you have to do is go south of your border. And go to new york for the malls, And go to the south around Kentucky, Missouri, Tennesse for the Flee Markets

As for where I want to go. Hmm, Japan, Jamica, and England.

Why Japan: They gave us the Nintendo and Sony.

Why Jamica: It's a tropical Island. And they were brave enough to go to the 89 winter olimpics.

Why England: Well for starters, Boy Scouting was started there. And im a boy scout and I want to see Brown Sea Island and a few othe loactions in england to has to do with the founding of Scouting. And just see the sights and sound of the country. And try to find and buy game systems the can only be found in England. And maybe meet some brittsh gamer face to face and see what their like in gaming is compared to us americans.

On a side note I've been to Canada, Wonderful country. We when up to canada in 2003 to see a friend who in I think lived or still does in Rugby, Ontario. They took us to the Ontario Provincial Police Museum which was cool. We also went to see The Marine Railway over in Big Chute, Ontario. Boy was that a sight to see. I had and still not seen anything like it in the states. Read more about it here: http://www.galenfrysinger.com/big_chute_ontario.htm and here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Chute_Marine_Railway . That was also the First time I played a Gamecube and Smash Brothers Melee when I went to Canada.
Word of advice tho. Don't try Mr. Crustys version of Chips Ahoy they are truly crusty tasting. Nibisco makes Chips Ahoy the right way.
Last edited by nightwheel on Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Who knows if the Namco Portable will ever become a reality? :P

gamer2

Post by gamer2 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:14 pm

Japan, not because of the geeky reasons. I have a friend (That is a girl) who lives there and I would like to visit. Hong Kong for the same reason.

Twisted Warthog
PSN Username:fragd0g
360 GamerTag:onionknight110
Steam ID:flint1011

Post by Twisted Warthog » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:32 pm

I'd really like to live in Japan for a while. For a lot of difference reasons, i have friends there too. And basically i just love haw zany and futuristic a lot of Japan is. But i would like to visit more of the rural parts of Japan too.

Another place i want to go to is Acores Portugal since a lot of my family lives there and I've never even met them. :(

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:38 pm

Japan. Half my family lives there, it'd be nice to see them more often. Tokyo's electronic district is a big plus, too. :lol:

I'd also like to visit China and South Korea, as I have good friends that moved there, and the culture is interesting. Call me crazy, but I think I'd also like to go to Beirut, Lebanon; y'know, just as an adventure or something. :P I've been to Canada more times than I can count, as I live about an hour from the border. Toronto is a great city, and their street dogs rival that of NYC (though their subway does smell like urine). Ireland would be cool to visit, too, beautiful land out there, and plenty of potatoes.

CTFan

Kurt_
Portablizer

Post by Kurt_ » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:02 am

We have a subway???

Must be something you tourists use. :P
Hey, sup?

Kyo

Post by Kyo » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:04 am

USA, and Japan. I'm a video game collector, and I would totally dig some NTSC-J and NTSC consoles

Valium

Post by Valium » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:06 am

Ireland, so I can see my friend Eepha again.

dudex77

Post by dudex77 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:09 am

SpongeBuell wrote: Spain: Again, I love speaking Spanish, and it seems like that's a nice country that I've heard a lot of good things about
Don't come to the south it is not good and will completely destroy your perception of the country. Barcelona and Madrid are awesome but expensive so I have to live in the damn Costa del Sol. Oh and never go to Mallorca for any reason, it is Spain's tourist trap and the amount of British, American, and German people there will make you want to puke it's basically florida but not good. Kurt, the south of Spain might appeal to you though because if your willing to travel a bit their are markets daily. Everyone whose in a forum with something to do with gaming in it wants to go to Japan so I don't think anyone needs to say it anymore :lol: I want to go to Ireland because it's awesome. Half my family lives their but that's not why I would want to be there, except my uncle is awesome. I also Like the Phillipines a lot and a lot of my family lives there too so I would always have a place to live. Sadly I will probably never go to Japan because my Dad has a vendetta against the people for killing his mother and a lot of his family(my grandfather was the leader of one of the filipino undergrounds) and he told me he would disown me if I went.
Kurt_ wrote: I would use tact switches but I want the mushy feel. Mushy = God. (I typed that correctly).