Back to School..... :(

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

lifeisbetterwithketchup
Steam ID:lifeisbetterwithketchup
Back to School..... :(

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:56 am

Well, I'm going to start my junior year of high school in about an hour and a half. This summer went by pretty quick.

I shall survive though; I have my arsenal of weapons. :) (pay no attention to "sasha the calculator pony"; that's the last time I leave my calculator alone with a friends with twisted senses of humor)

Anyone else going back today? (or soon)
Rekarp wrote:
mako321 wrote:What makes you head ninja, anyways? :wink:
Cause I am Abe F#!@ing Lincoln. :mrgreen:

jedi knight

Post by jedi knight » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:25 am

This is my third week of school :x . So I've been there for a while.
Meh, I don't post much.

Super Cameraman

Post by Super Cameraman » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:24 am

I go back September 4th!!
If you're looking at this post and it was made before 2008, just ignore it.

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Re: Back to School..... :(

Post by vskid » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:26 am

lifeisbetterwithketchup wrote:arsenal of weapons.
Nice arsenal (and pony), but what ammo do you have for your weapons (what programs do you have that'll drive teachers crazy)? I shall be similarly armed, except I think my flash drive is bigger(4GB), I have an 84+ SE, and a PSP.

Whats cool is that this year at my school, headphones and cell phones are banned in class, so your teacher will take them away and give them to the office and you get a gradually harsher punishment for each incident. But, the rule says nothing about the device itself (only that the headphones being used to listen to it will be taken away), so I'm going to use every loophole to my advantage. I'm first going to have several pairs of headphones, so they take one away, and as they get back to the front of the class, I magically have another set in my ears (will be best if I can get identical pairs). Second idea is bringing some computer speakers and a SLA battery to listen with (cause speakers=/=headphones). Third is to just hold my PSP up to my ear like its a boombox and listen with the internal speakers. Forth idea is to just play SM64, no sound, then there are no headphones to be taken away. Of course I'll have to find a teacher strict enough to enforce the rule (I know I sound crazy, but I dislike teachers that don't enforce rules) and have a good sense of humor about it at the same time (cause its not my fault theres loopholes).

I start school in a week, the 29th of August. Dang summer, where hast thou gone?!?

EDIT: I'll be a junior/11th grade.
Last edited by vskid on Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Twisted Warthog
PSN Username:fragd0g
360 GamerTag:onionknight110
Steam ID:flint1011

Post by Twisted Warthog » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:38 am

I can't wait until i go back to school. This summer was extremely boring for me. Now i have something to do at least.

I'm going into Grade 10 in High School. Now i have to juggle Working, Homework, Football, and Working Out. :shock: I think i start school September the 2nd or 4th.

gamer2

Post by gamer2 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:19 am

Back to School
Back to School
To prove to dad that I am not a fool.
I got my lunch packed up,
my boots tied tight,
I hope I dont get in a fight,
OHHH
back to School,
back to school.

TheOnlyOneHeFears
Portablizer

Post by TheOnlyOneHeFears » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:24 am

I think I go back September 4th or 5th, not too sure. But I get my GCSE results tomorrow *gulp*, so that kind of decides whether I'll be going back to my current school or not. I would say nervous pretty much sums me up right now :P

Jongamer
PSN Username:Geekystig790
360 GamerTag:Mesu Gitsune

Post by Jongamer » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:22 pm

Went back yesterday, I`ve already downloaded a few files off the interwebz to my flash drive (Sandisk cruzer micro 2GB) I love breaking rules on the computer.

Rules I have broken so far are,
No downloading or importing any files.
No websites that are not edjucational or are for class work
No listening to music on the computer.

I love rules, they are so fun to break. :D

Oh and all but 2 on my classes are done on fairly nice computers, even if they are POS Dells.

jeroen

Post by jeroen » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:25 pm

I don't wanna go back to school. :(

daguuy
Portablizer

Post by daguuy » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:26 pm

I get 3 straight hours with the computers so games help me get through the day. Being a senior is great, I'm only taking 2 real classes and the rest make me look good to colleges (tech classes).
ImageImage

Jongamer
PSN Username:Geekystig790
360 GamerTag:Mesu Gitsune

Post by Jongamer » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:32 pm

Jongamer wrote:Went back yesterday, I`ve already downloaded a few files off the interwebz to my flash drive (Sandisk cruzer micro 2GB) I love breaking rules on the computer.

Rules I have broken so far are,
No downloading or importing any files.
No websites that are not edjucational or are for class work
No listening to music on the computer.

I love rules, they are so fun to break. :D

Oh and all but 2 on my classes are done on fairly nice computers, even if they are POS Dells.
Oops forgot one.

I broke the rule.

Obey copyrights, that it be, but not limited to Printed material, music, games, programs.

He he, r0ms for DS.

ganonbanned

Post by ganonbanned » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:45 pm

I start school september 5th, I really like school accept for the learning part, mainly because I fail most of my classes no matter how hard I try and god-damn wigger math teachers dont help.

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face

Post by gamemasterAS » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:00 pm

ganonbanned wrote:I start school september 5th, I really like school accept for the learning part, mainly because I fail most of my classes no matter how hard I try and god-damn wigger math teachers dont help.
I got A's in every class but Alg. almost the whole year. My teacher said if I cant memorize a formula how will I pass any class and I told her my highest grade was a 105 at the moment and she looked so embarrassed. :lol:

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:30 pm

I go back on August 28th (Next Tuesday) and besides my Notebook and Lead Pencils I have this stuff coming along with me:

Because that image quality sucks, that stuff is:

iPod Video 30 GB
iPod Nano 2 GB
Headphones
NDS Lite + R4
MotoKrzr k1m
1 GB Flash Drive
TI 89 Titanium

...and I might possibly be getting a TI 84 Plus Silver Edition because I can't use my 89 Titanium in Alg II but I could in Alg I...strange. As you would expect everything there has Games on it. Nano for Gameboy/Color, Video for iPod Games, DS for FF Ring of Fates, Krzr for Sonic, Oblivion, and Asphalt 2, and TI 89 for Zelda and other classic Calc Games 8)

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:52 pm

Harshboy wrote:I might possibly be getting a TI 84 Plus Silver Edition because I can't use my 89 Titanium in Alg II but I could in Alg I...strange.
Its because the 89 is banned on tests like the ACT and SAT, its too good to accurately test your knowledge, so you might as well get used to it (though you could get/write programs for the 84+ to do most of your work, multiple choice tests FTW).
It was in Alg II that I started going downhill in math, I just lost interest, stopped doing my work, but still did pretty good on the tests. I mean, I got all A's in geometry the year before, but thats because the stuff I was doing could easily be applied to life. Then I hit pre-calc, thats when it all stopped, didn't do work and started doing crappy on tests, the whole shebang. So now I have to retake pre-calc online and do AP calc my senior year. Maybe it'll be better after I take chemistry and physics this year (both honors, of course) and I'll see ways I can use it.

Also, with the coming of school, my parents have decided that I only get an hour of computer usage a day, so if they enforce that, you won't be seeing me here much.