Wisdom Teeth

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Link89
Wisdom Teeth

Post by Link89 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:45 pm

I got my wisdom teeth out today and it hurts like crazy. It was kind of cool though they gave me any iv and I was out for the whole time. I don't even rember going to sleep. But doesn't it hurt when you get them out. :(

Geebs61

suckbeans

Post by Geebs61 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:01 pm

I was supposed to get mine removed because they are impacted(ill explain at the end) but my dads insurance wont cover me anymore and I cant afford it. They havent bothered me until recently... it has hurt like hell for 2 days now. I need to get them removed, badly.

Impacted:

normal teeth(side view):
|||||||||

Impacted:
=|||||||

The widom teeth are growing horizontally instead of vertically, Its pushing all my others together. In short, It blows.

If you are ever advised to get them removed I suggest doing it ASAP.
"Being a teenager is to experience a renaissance of the body, mind and spirit. It is to experience life at it’s fullest." - Cliff Eiffler

gannon

Post by gannon » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:17 pm

Lucky me!! :D
I don't have to get my wisdom teeth pulled since I have enough room for them.

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:30 pm

I've heard from my friend and relitives that getting them out is a pain in the ass. Mine are still erupting and the dentist doesnt see any problem with them (they're coming in straight), guess I'm just lucky.

But I have been out from that gas, yeah bout 30 seconds on the stuff I was dead meat for the surgen.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

Link89

Post by Link89 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:45 pm

Mine were coming in horizontaly and I just got my braces off a year ago so my parents didn't want to have to straighten my teeth again. It hurts like crazy when the anesthetics where off though. Some people are really lucky and are born without them. The iv was so wierd it was in for like 15 seconds and I just like passed out. I could barley walk when it was over. :oops:

shelter pitfall

Post by shelter pitfall » Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:05 pm

Dang, mine might have to come out too.
Stupid teeth.
Though My Dentist said something about the Wizdom teeth screwing up the last tooth, or something like that....

Link89

Post by Link89 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:19 pm

The day after you get them out it hurts like crazy. I can't open my mouth past 2 cms. I have to live off of pudiing, mashed poatoes, and liquids. It isn't to bad though once you get past the pain.

cennar

Post by cennar » Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:31 pm

i had strage teeth i had too many teath they all looked fine and strate but i just had tomany. they were causing so much pain all the time. then i got gassed and they pulled one normal molar and three wisdom teeth out, but during thoperation i woke up and yanked out my iv

Link89

Post by Link89 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 5:22 pm

You woke up during your teeth being pulled? I've alraefy had 8 teeth pulled not to mention my 4 wisdom. So I've had to have 12 teeth pulled total. It sucks so much.