Someone tell me what went wrong with certain christians?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert
Someone tell me what went wrong with certain christians?

Post by Kurt_ » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:23 am

Sure, most of us are Christian. Some are Jews, Muslims, and other minority religions in Canada and the United States. There's nothing wrong with the minority groups. I don't mean that in a defensive way, as if I implied something was, I mean that just as it's said. There's NOTHING wrong with the minority groups.

So why are some Christians so messed up?

We've all seen them somewhere. Nowhere local for me, but take for example the Christian Church scene from Borat. Real or not, it accurately portrays what some Christians are like.

Then there are the kind of Christians who preach what appears to be headlines from the National Inquirer.

Here's one I found just now:

www.jesus-is-savior.com/.../kurt_cobain.htm

[quote]Kurt Cobain: Satan Worshipper!

By Pastor Joe Schimmel

“Get stoned and worship Satan.â€
Hey, sup?

marshallh
360 GamerTag:marshallh

Post by marshallh » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:31 am

Every single religion has fundamentalists that interpret things too literally and make decisions based on what THEY want and not what the religion is based on.

The stupid/moronic ones are much louder and easier to hear about than the millions of others that live their lives according to their religion.

Would you say Hollywood movies accurately represent everyday life in America? No. Same thing.

nightwheel
PSN Username:nightwheel
360 GamerTag:nightwheel94
Steam ID:nightwheel

Post by nightwheel » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:14 pm

Why are some christans messed up. Bescause they fell into traps of temptation set by the devil. Of have strayed of the path of righteousness because of the devil. The devil wants to Steal, Kill, and destory all christans. Because he is afraid of what christans can do. So if he can get a christan thinking he's god and people should worship him the devil get more power. Or the devil could make someone think it's god fult that some guys or gals wife/husband and/or kids died. The are too many ways to say how the devil could mess a christan up.
Last edited by nightwheel on Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Who knows if the Namco Portable will ever become a reality? :P

johnbjuice

Post by johnbjuice » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:18 pm

The problem is the sheer amount of Christians - that religion blanket covers a LOT of people. And it is only natural for there to be a substantial amount of idiots. Just ignore them.

- Juice 8)

gamer2

Post by gamer2 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:41 pm

Yea, what he said. As an atheist, I know how dumb Christians can get. Thats as far as I shall go with that, if you want to know more, I can tell you elsewhere.

Twisted Warthog
PSN Username:fragd0g
360 GamerTag:onionknight110
Steam ID:flint1011

Post by Twisted Warthog » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:46 pm

I just find Christians to be over dramatic when it comes to God and all that crap. Being a Catholic person myself i don't really believe in God and i don't believe Jesus had magical powers but some people do take it to the extreme.

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face

Post by gamemasterAS » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:49 pm

Well I'm a pastors kid so I see a lot of this sheer stupidity from some secs Christianity.

For instance, I knew a kid I hung out with a lot ( I was his best freind ). He started going to one of those giant mega churches that are very anti everything. Then one day he called me up and started calling me the deceiver and saying how I lied to him and such. I did nothing to him and I'm sure that church did something to his mind.

This same kid called me a few weeks before that and put the phone up to his mom because she was speaking in tongues ( sounded like random drable and screaming ) The kid thought this was fantastically cool.

This kid has a older brother and a step dad mom and a step brother. This family has almost been torn apart because they are all looking for faults in one another and arguing how maybe one of them doesn't read there bible enough and such. One of those mega churches like you see in Borat has torn this family apart.

All these kind of things happening because of religion has lead me to become unsure where I stand and left me thinking I am possibly agnostic. I just don't know anymore.

ganonbanned

Post by ganonbanned » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:01 pm

This is the exact reason why I am an atheist. I dont want to be associated with nut-job preachers, certain types of church-goers, and yes, even my parents. a lot of them are the kind of people that say AC/DC and doom brainwash your kids. in reality, they are brainwashing YOU, telling you not to have your free opinion. another thing is they bring up that "God doesnt like people that do the following". well doesnt God like everybody? Hes supposed to at least, so that means they are lying.

after thinking about it, I guess im not exetreme-atheist, but I dont believe in organized religion.

EDIT: (I had to add this tidbit)
I've watched shows and read about Theology from a lot of different angles, but I believe that the problem is is that the church is VERY corrupted. Not all church's, but just those ones that are huge and very modern. I'll give an example. Near me there is a church called Fox river. it has a huge, 1080p screen, live music from local (and occasionly Huge) christian bands. I've been there once. They even had a pew that was plated in gold. Yes, plated in gold. on top of that, they have a pretty decent CYM program, and some times the priest doesn't even come out, he just is on the screen. The problem with this is the church is to rich. its the FALSE WORD. if they seriously believe in God, they should not be going to this church, They spend there money on crap that the DO NOT need. its pretty ridiculous.
Last edited by ganonbanned on Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

gamer2

Post by gamer2 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:05 pm

gamemasterAS, that mega church that you talked about, sounds an awful lot like "Jesus Camp".

I know how crazy xtains can get. My right ear does not function because of a xtian, I have a scar on the right side of my face was cut by a xtian when I defended Harry Potter. Come on! its a good book.

Edit:

Nazi/xtian family

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:14 pm

People take religion too far sometimes. (Like gamemaster's friend and our old pal Tom.) It's okay to believe in something, but when it takes over your life you've gone too far.

In a way they're the fanboys of religion; loud, annoying, and won't shut up until they've convinced you to join them.

My beliefs can be summed up like this: Believe what you want, just don't push it on me. (I guess you could call me Athiest, since all my thinking on these subjects revolves around scientific and tangible evidence.)

ganonbanned

Post by ganonbanned » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:15 pm

gamer2 wrote: Nazi/xtian family
That right there is another problem. There is nothing wrong with White pride, but when your using that, along with your religion, to hate others, that is NOT Christian at all.

gamer2

Post by gamer2 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:21 pm

ganonbanned wrote:
gamer2 wrote: Nazi/xtian family
That right there is another problem. There is nothing wrong with White pride, but when your using that, along with your religion, to hate others, that is NOT Christian at all.
How do they know that being white is the best? have they been Black? Asian? or anything else? They really have no right to say. Only Michael Jackson has the right to say which is better.

I deal with that all the time. My Brother in law is like that. He talks all about this race war and garbage. THE UNITED STATES IS A MELTING POT OF PEOPLE! DEAL WITH IT!!!!!

daguuy
Portablizer

Post by daguuy » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:37 pm

Some people are just too literal about things and think that since they worship god, they have the power to decide what's evil and what's not and force their beliefs on other people.

I'm a christian, but I live like a good atheist because I think organized religion is rediculous.
ImageImage

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:43 pm

Religon and religious people make me sick. Teaching people to blindly follow something that they have absolutely no factual knowledge on whatsoever. Sure, books like the Bible have positive moral messages, but so does Harry Potter. So why isn't there a Harry Potter religion? Come on. :roll:

Lady Indecisive

Post by Lady Indecisive » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:52 pm

Twisted Warthog wrote:I just find Christians to be over dramatic when it comes to God and all that crap. Being a Catholic person myself i don't really believe in God and i don't believe Jesus had magical powers but some people do take it to the extreme.

Some Catholic you are. :roll: And for the record, there not 'magical powers' , the correct term is Miracles.
Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when pushed down a staircase.