Most Difficult First Boss of All Time

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:04 pm

nah the invisible guys are easy, bout half a clip of penetrator shots and their done or a couple good shotgun hits :D its the freakin heavy armor dudes, i swear their harder to kill than the mechs

project_failure

Post by project_failure » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:16 pm

penetrator or shotgun to the knees. Just hope you have plenty of focunstration. :lol:
Sword_Gun wrote:Klef your asking a whole bunch of videogame players.. for girl advice.. Nice.
It is not junk! It is assorted goods with no current use.
-Project Failure

TheOnlyOneHeFears
Portablizer

Post by TheOnlyOneHeFears » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:33 am

dj-spuddy wrote:
wallydawg wrote:
dj-spuddy wrote:
benheck wrote:You want hard? Download a ROM of the Mega Drive only "Alien Soldier"

This is a Treasure game that never made it to the US and I can see why. I can't even get past the second mini-boss!
Yes but thats what makes Treasure games so damn good! I can't think of one Treasure game thats easy. There all Shoot-'em-ups I believe.
I'm trying to mine enough coin to get Treasure's Radiant Silvergun on Saturn. ~$200, but it's worth it.
Yeah I've been trying to "Obtain" it in various other ways and they've all failed. For some reason they won't run/have missing files. I really want to Buy Ikaruga for my Dreamcast.
I have Ikaruga for GC, and it's insanely good. Very hard, but brilliant. Well worth seeking out.

Hardest first boss for me was probably Efreet, the 1st summon spirit in Tales of Symphonia. I actually made him harder than necessary, because ToS was my first proper RPG I got, and I didn't really 'get' the concept of levelling up. So there was I, playing as Lloyd with his little wooden swords at about level 2 getting absolutely pasted by this summon spirit, completely oblivious to the fact that I could make the fight a lot easier just by levelling up :lol:

Seems like every Tales game has a boss you have to lose to to progress. In ToS, I think you can't beat Yggdrassil the first time round, as he ends the battle half way through. In Tales of Destiny on PS1, it's impossible to beat Leon right at the start without cheat codes.

dj-spuddy

Post by dj-spuddy » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:53 am

TheOnlyOneHeFears wrote:
dj-spuddy wrote:
wallydawg wrote:
dj-spuddy wrote:
benheck wrote:You want hard? Download a ROM of the Mega Drive only "Alien Soldier"

This is a Treasure game that never made it to the US and I can see why. I can't even get past the second mini-boss!
Yes but thats what makes Treasure games so damn good! I can't think of one Treasure game thats easy. There all Shoot-'em-ups I believe.
I'm trying to mine enough coin to get Treasure's Radiant Silvergun on Saturn. ~$200, but it's worth it.
Yeah I've been trying to "Obtain" it in various other ways and they've all failed. For some reason they won't run/have missing files. I really want to Buy Ikaruga for my Dreamcast.
I have Ikaruga for GC, and it's insanely good. Very hard, but brilliant. Well worth seeking out.
However I've heard that Ikaruga for the GC is substantionally slower then the original arcade version. The DC version is a bit faster then the GC version however the game will lag on the boss explosions. However theres a VGA output box I've seen for the DC that basically makes it look identical to the arcade original.
Meh... So I don't post much?

Me =
Here

TheOnlyOneHeFears
Portablizer

Post by TheOnlyOneHeFears » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:09 am

I've never played the arcade version, so I can't compare. It's pretty fast on GC though. The GC version lags on the boss explosions as well, but the rest of the time it runs full speed.

codeman

Post by codeman » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:07 am

I'm sure only very few people have played it here....but the first boss of Quest 64 is insanely hard. I spent hours leveling up and still couldn't get his HP below half. I've tried a few times, and always ended up using a game shark!
What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion.

"Say, what does this button do?"

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:21 pm

I have Ikaruga for DC and for Gamecube, never played the Arcade version though, or looked for slowdown between the DC and Gamecube versions.

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king

Post by HotDog-Cart » Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:45 pm

Yea codeman, I had to use a gameshark on him too. :(.

Quest 64 = Great game. I cant seem to get back into it now though.