I need opinions on my website...

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face

Post by gamemasterAS » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:15 pm

A real domain would seem allot more professional.

Bibin

Post by Bibin » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:19 pm

Define 'real domain'.

Extreme_Jesus
Location:Old Hampshire, none of that New hampshire stuff....

Post by Extreme_Jesus » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:10 am

Harshboy wrote:Here's an error:

1280 x 1024, Vista, Firefox
same on 1024 x 768, XP, Firefox 1.5

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:06 am

Bibin wrote:Define 'real domain'.
A top-level domain you actually pay for, like benheck.com, portablesofdoom.org, or yahoo.com.

Not a subdomain like bobbysblog.googlepages.com or freewebs.com/ilikepie

Limewater

Post by Limewater » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:57 am

vskid wrote:$50 to install a laptop optical drive seems extreme, since the most computer illiterate person can slide a switch, pull out the old drive, and shove in the new one.
I think it's a little high, too. However, there seems to be a little more variation in the amount of work required for it. Oftentimes, it is as simple as you say. However, I'm waiting on a new optical drive in the mail and I'll have to remove my laptop keyboard to remove the current drive and secure the new one. So sometimes it is more involved.

I also agree that the price per hour model is better.

He an charge what he wants, but I doubt I would pay someone without any certifications more than $10-$15 an hour for that kind of work. I'm a pretty cheap guy, though.

sam

Post by sam » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:07 am

If you want a real domain stick with dreamhost, get the lowest plan, which by the way is more than enough and use promo code DMH its 29.40 including domain name registration. And it makes you look professional to have a www..com website too. Also don't understate when you put so uh so here is the website I hope you like it. Be more confident ok? And as others have mentioned the top left thing again makes you look unprofessional. Template for work could look nicer but it will do. Other than that not bad.
I'm the man, if you don't think so, you're wrong.
sniper_spike wrote:That sucks, bro's before ho's anyway man.

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:53 am

If you want I can come up with a web design for you, but it will be spare-time work and I expect to be compensated. (Payable in Kingdom of Loathing Mr. Accessories or gift cards of some sort. Maybe PayPal if I ever sign up for it.)

sgtpepper

Post by sgtpepper » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:18 pm

Well I nixed the homepage for now and went with just a direct link to the business page. I think I'll stick with the prices I have for now, because as it has been pointed out, difficulty varies greatly.

And one thing I wasn't as clear on, most of my customers use Macs, so the prices are more geared towards Macs than PCs. I'm also CompUSA certified, and sometime this summer I'm going to get Apple certified, so the prices aren't all that farfetched.

Oh and Bicostp, your offer sounds rather interesting, PM me about pricing, with maybe an example or two or your work.
 My iBook's modded logo!
Jobs vs Gates Google Fight!

atari2600a

Post by atari2600a » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:12 pm

sgtpepper wrote:Macs than PCs
It's too late, he's already done it!

Also, you aren't gonna make ANY money if you're gonna stick w/ just Macs. $1K at most.

sgtpepper

Post by sgtpepper » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:43 pm

atari2600a wrote:Also, you aren't gonna make ANY money if you're gonna stick w/ just Macs. $1K at most.
I don't think you understood what I meant. Most of the people that I know use Macs, and they're my target audience... And second of all, I've already made $450 in two days, on two Mac users, so don't jump to conclusions!
 My iBook's modded logo!
Jobs vs Gates Google Fight!

Bibin

Post by Bibin » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:54 pm

Well, once you've serviced the Apple's around you, once they're all fixed, who's going to come to you next? You have to expand more. Unless, of course, you're relying on the [probable] fact that they'll break again soon.

Also, you said Mac - PC again. ¬_¬

ghosstt

Post by ghosstt » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:42 pm

I offer computer troubleshooting, repair, training, and services for both Windows PCs and Macintosh Computers. Pricing is listed the right, and may be subject to change based on the nature of the situation. Computer Training services include, but are not limited to:

on the left :wink: and theres a grammer mistake