Are Nintendo's Delays Smart?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Jeff
Are Nintendo's Delays Smart?

Post by Jeff » Mon May 21, 2007 1:58 pm

So, quick show of hands, how many of you all own a Wii? I know its a fair amount. How many own an Xbox 360? Probably more, but thats because the people who read me are more into the games currently out for the Xbox 360. But this is where my point comes. The reason games are being delayed for the Nintendo Wii is to fight Halo 3.

If anyone remembers, Bill Gates originally said that the Playstation 3 would walk “right into Halo 3″, kind of like how the Sega Dreamcast walked right into Final Fantasy VIII. This didn’t happen. So, I’m saying that Microsoft are going to eat their own words.

Take a look at the list of in development Nintendo Wii games. Quick, what are the three that stand out?

* Super Smash Bros. Brawl
* Super Mario Galaxy
* Metroid Prime 3 : Corruption

Yes, three huge blockbuster games. Super Smash Bros is possibly the most popular arcade-style game in the console world. Super Mario Galaxy is widely being labeled as the true successor to Mario 64. And Metroid Prime 3 is claimed to show the true ability of the Nintendo Wii remote, as this is Nintendo’s 1st party First Person Shooter, not Activision or Ubisoft’s rushed out games.

Now, why am I mentioning this? Well, its quite simple.

Halo 3 comes out late this year. Brawl has been expected to be a holiday game. Halo 3 loses some hype. Now you have Galaxy. More hype gone. And then Metroid Prime 3. This makes it or breaks it for Nintendo.

You see, Metroid Prime 3 was supposed to be a near-launch title for the Wii, supposed to be released in December of 2006. The game has been nearly done for the longest time. And now there is speculation that it is going to be delayed until the fall. And this is very make or break, but problably make, for Nintendo.

Obviously, Nintendo has confidence that they have redefined the already popular Metroid series, and have redefined the way First Person Shooters will be played. They have confidence that yet again, they’ll get a 95% average score. They have confidence that the consumer will see that “Hey, this Halo game looks amazing, but its like everything I’ve played before. Metroid, on the other hand, looks good but not as great, but is a completely different game that plays well. Oh, and the Wii is cheaper too?â€
PS360Wii Fanboy FTW!

Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Metallica Man X » Mon May 21, 2007 2:04 pm

I'm kinda hoping Halo 3 will do some real damage to the other consoles....buuut...being a fan of both Halo and metroid, It's likely that I'll have both halo 3 and Metroid Prime 3 when they're released :oops:
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Mon May 21, 2007 2:23 pm

Sorry to stray from the topic, but how the hell are you back? Not to be mean or anything, just wondering if the ban was lifted.

CTFan

Jeff

Post by Jeff » Mon May 21, 2007 2:25 pm

CronoTriggerfan wrote:Sorry to stray from the topic, but how the hell are you back? Not to be mean or anything, just wondering if the ban was lifted.

CTFan
Well, by all technicalities, I should be banned. But my ban basically worked on an honor system, where my account was unbanned.

And I just don't see the point anymore. If I can't take part I might as well be banned, so now that I'm posting, we'll see what the admins decide.

Now, back on topic please?
PS360Wii Fanboy FTW!

gannon

Post by gannon » Mon May 21, 2007 2:35 pm

Well...thanks for giving us a reason to contact your ISP :P