All this talk about letters.....

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king
All this talk about letters.....

Post by HotDog-Cart » Mon May 21, 2007 1:52 pm

All this talk about "letters" got me looking for my cease and desist letter from Nintendo and Perkins Coie (They represent Nintendo in court and such).

I got it from working as a Beta Tester with a team of people who were making a a unlicensed and unaouthrized Super Smash Brothers clone for Nintendo DS. They ofcourse used Nintendo characters and names.

I finally found it in my room, under a few books.

It really shows you that, this law firm was either out of paper or too lazy to clean their color ink heads. As the Nintendo logo is GREEN with red stripes. Heh.

Here's some pictures.

(Note the last paragraph, basically tells me that the infringement can subject me to sanctions under applicable federal and state laws, and that I must cease using Any works of Nintendo's, and Any works that are similar to Nintendo's. Meaning that I couldnt even clone/edit any works.)

^Heh, Dirty color heads :p

^:O Whos that popping out?!

^Feel free to contact them :D

Jeff

Post by Jeff » Mon May 21, 2007 1:57 pm

Why contact them? What they are doing is fair game. You were using a known franchise without permission. Now, if you created a game LIKE Smash Bros with your own characters, it wouldn't matter. But the point is you are using things without permission.

And as for the green, that looks kinda more gold then green, which makes a bit of sense.
PS360Wii Fanboy FTW!

Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Metallica Man X » Mon May 21, 2007 2:10 pm

The Logo still looks kinda cheesy....the ink lines through it remind me of the old dot-matrix printer for my old apple IIgs computer!
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer

Post by HotDog-Cart » Mon May 21, 2007 5:45 pm

Its real, as I phoned the law firm. (Theyre number on the website matches the number in the letter).

teraflop122

Post by teraflop122 » Mon May 21, 2007 8:12 pm

I'm not sure why, but I would have that framed and placed on my wall. It would make a pretty good conversation starter, and a momento later on.

ganonbanned

Post by ganonbanned » Mon May 21, 2007 8:16 pm

teraflop122 wrote:I'm not sure why, but I would have that framed and placed on my wall. It would make a pretty good conversation starter, and a momento later on.
yeah, under books? WTF?

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer

Post by HotDog-Cart » Tue May 22, 2007 4:49 am

Underbooks to keep it flat. Also I just put it in a frame :) After making B&W copies ofcoruse.