Suck it, Microsoft!

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Krepticor

Post by Krepticor » Fri May 11, 2007 6:41 pm

yea but what if they hocked the machine for cash?
worth a try though...call your own floor meeting, put out a search before it is too late...
I refuse to dignify myself with an intelligent and witty signature

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Fri May 11, 2007 11:27 pm

My guess is that it's been moved to someone else's room since then :(
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Sat May 12, 2007 10:45 am

I'd file a police report, while doing that tell the police that Microsoft is withholding information that can help and that you (and your friend) are the owners, and so are entitled to said information. Microsoft should or will give you that information, like all big companies they try to keep their PR up.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

Unidentified Assilant

Post by Unidentified Assilant » Sat May 12, 2007 12:04 pm

Part of the Data Protection Act is any company that is holding data about you must show you under the law.

Somebody please buy my Dreamcast >_> £20+shipping :)

parkie

Post by parkie » Sat May 12, 2007 7:14 pm

hmm not to change the subject but look at this, its other story about a xbox360 customer and his "fun" with customer service.

http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=16769

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Sat May 12, 2007 10:40 pm

Yeah, I read about that.

I found out that Microsoft will give the information, but they will only give it to the police. We called the police, who said they will call if given a direct number to a supervisor. Unfortunately, we only get a good CSR every few calls, usually they won't give a supervisor or something along those lines.

Unfortunately, my friend is starting to lose hope with this :(
Life of Brian wrote:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king

Post by HotDog-Cart » Sat May 12, 2007 10:53 pm

Your freind shouldnt worry. A company cant withhold information that is critical to a crime scene. So neither can microsoft. If I was the cop, I would demand that, if I do not get put onto a a supervisor that I would have to press charges as thats witholding information.

Im sure, the cops can get the info if they tried. Like, Im pretty sure its illegal for microsoft to withhold that information.

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Sat May 12, 2007 11:03 pm

SpongeBuell wrote:Yeah, I read about that.

I found out that Microsoft will give the information, but they will only give it to the police. We called the police, who said they will call if given a direct number to a supervisor. Unfortunately, we only get a good CSR every few calls, usually they won't give a supervisor or something along those lines.

Unfortunately, my friend is starting to lose hope with this :(
Have you filed a police report yet? In all seriousness, if Microsoft continues not to cooperate with the law, your friend should file a lawsuit. Not to get too political, but law enforcement agents are allowed access to all that information and more through the latest revisions to the PATRIOT Act, and withholding information is in direct violation of this.

CTFan

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Sun May 13, 2007 2:32 am

Thing is, the police won't do anything until a direct number is given (though they may have flexibility on that one). Microsoft will not do anything for us, not event transfer to a supervisor, without a police officer.

And, like I said, I'm pretty sure a report has been filed. They have been called and stuff, and have even questioned some people around campus, just letting them know. The only way it hasn't been filed is if there is an extra step that must be made or something for an actual report... don't think there is.
Life of Brian wrote:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel

Extreme_Jesus
Location:Old Hampshire, none of that New hampshire stuff....

Post by Extreme_Jesus » Sun May 13, 2007 1:33 pm

Unidentified Assilant wrote:Part of the Data Protection Act is any company that is holding data about you must show you under the law.
Unfortunetly thats UK law not US law i think

Im the police will get microsoft to tell them at least something, im sure if you werent who you say you were you wouldnt be involving the police