The Wii can kiss the Dreamcast's ass!!

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Twisted Warthog
PSN Username:fragd0g
360 GamerTag:onionknight110
Steam ID:flint1011

Post by Twisted Warthog » Sun May 06, 2007 11:14 am

Huh? I still appreaciate the Dreamcast and i always have. It was Sega's finest console and one of the first game consoles to have beautiful smooth 3-D games out there. In fact i still have a Dreamcast and play Jet Set Radio often.

NiN^_^NiN

Post by NiN^_^NiN » Sun May 06, 2007 9:58 pm

People do appreaciate the Dreamcast but the fact that the thread started as dreamcast kicks the wii's ass is the worst way to start it off

First you insult the wii saying that a fishing rod that doesn't do motion sensing saying they where the first to do it now ur asking why no1

Simple fact is

The wii decided to go with a lower powered system with motion sensing as its MAIN controller

If the wii didn't have the motion sensing they wouldn't of had shuch a low powered system anyway

And i am a hardcore gamer and it's not about sitting on the couch for hours on end moving ur thumb its about playing good games just cause up until now the only way to play most games was to sit on a couch with a controller doesn't mean hardcore gamers aren't gonna use the wii cause they will have to stand up and use it.

Face it dreamcast sucked commercially but when it was stopped it gaind a following which who knows if it wans't cut so short might of make a difference.

The wii and dreamcast are 2 difference game systems you can't compare them as it's a black and white subject each game system has a certain goal liek the wii's games for everybody

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Sun May 06, 2007 11:13 pm

Can we agree that this thread has gotten to the point of being silly. Really, wow you can play Soul Calibur with the fishing rod. That's a little entertaining but it can't stack up the the capabilities of the Wii-mote. The Wii, without it's wii-mote is only half of what it is now, face the fact you fanboy. The 360/PS3 would never be made or conceived with any less the graphic power they have, both companies' philosophy are more visually please games.

Continue this little game all you want, but the facts are plain as day and are not going to change. Get over how the Wii isn't a real console gaming platform like it's forebears, and the Dreamcast is for the most part dead.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

MrTroy
360 GamerTag:Kizler

Post by MrTroy » Mon May 07, 2007 11:51 am

Get over how the Wii isn't a real console gaming platform like it's forebears, and the Dreamcast is for the most part dead.
It's not real because...... it's not a console? It doesn't play games? Or it's not a super powerful machine?

Gaming isn't about have'n the most powerful machine on the block. It's about the games.

Note to Wii bashers: Here's how to make a valid argument about the system being underpowered when compaired to 360/PS3.... By the system not having an as fast processor things like AI suffer. You need clock cycles to have more realistic AI.

Stop using "Oooh it's prettier" as an argument PLEASE.

Unidentified Assilant

Post by Unidentified Assilant » Mon May 07, 2007 12:03 pm

ValiantVenality wrote:Here is a better version of the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIDJR0kPnGo

Why is everyone bagging on all the systems? Well I kinda did bag on Nintendo, but c'mon guys. Why doesnt anyone think this is cool? I think I only see one person that is with the Dreamcast in this whole post. I thought at least a few people would think its cool. I guess nobody on this forum except dkap, Gump-in-space, and I still appreaciate the Dreamcast...... :cry:

VV
I like Dreamcast man :)

Somebody please buy my Dreamcast >_> £20+shipping :)

MrTroy

Post by MrTroy » Mon May 07, 2007 12:33 pm

Unidentified Assilant wrote:I like Dreamcast man :)
Unidentified Assilant wrote:Somebody please buy my Dreamcast >_> £20+shipping Smile
:lol:

Shouldn't it be technically possible to MAKE something like the Wii Remote for Dreamcast from the ground up? I mean the games would have to specifically be written for that controller but still. If people can make keyboard and mouse games. Why not?

Unidentified Assilant

Post by Unidentified Assilant » Mon May 07, 2007 2:43 pm

Thanks for making me notice that is still in my sig.

I do indeed like Dreamcast, but in UK, it is near impossible to find games, and games I wanna play like Sonic Adventure II, Shenmue and Jet Set Radio I can't buy :(

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face

Post by gamemasterAS » Mon May 07, 2007 2:51 pm

My Dreamcast and my Wii love one another, my PSP, DS and gp2x love one another my PS2, Xbox and Gamecube love one another. I Don't see the point of bagging on consoles, I like them all hell I will even get a ps3 one day ( Its ok just to expensive for me at the moment ).

cowsgoquack101
Steam ID:cowsgoquack101

Post by cowsgoquack101 » Mon May 07, 2007 3:47 pm

ValiantVenality wrote:Here is a better version of the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIDJR0kPnGo

Why is everyone bagging on all the systems? Well I kinda did bag on Nintendo, but c'mon guys. Why doesnt anyone think this is cool? I think I only see one person that is with the Dreamcast in this whole post. I thought at least a few people would think its cool. I guess nobody on this forum except dkap, Gump-in-space, and I still appreaciate the Dreamcast...... :cry:

VV
Kinda?

Hey, give it a rest, the Dreamcast has been dead for about 7 years.

Dragunov

Post by Dragunov » Mon May 07, 2007 6:24 pm

MrTroy wrote:
Unidentified Assilant wrote:I like Dreamcast man :)
Unidentified Assilant wrote:Somebody please buy my Dreamcast >_> £20+shipping Smile
:lol:

Shouldn't it be technically possible to MAKE something like the Wii Remote for Dreamcast from the ground up? I mean the games would have to specifically be written for that controller but still. If people can make keyboard and mouse games. Why not?
You could do it, by making the remote detect the distance of being off center from a sensor bar and place that as the stick. So to have the stick ot of use you have the remote pointed at the center of the sensor bar, stick left would be aiming the remote left and so forth. This actually is starting to sound like a cool idea at this point.

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Mon May 07, 2007 6:35 pm

MrTroy wrote:
Get over how the Wii isn't a real console gaming platform like it's forebears, and the Dreamcast is for the most part dead.
It's not real because...... it's not a console? It doesn't play games? Or it's not a super powerful machine?

Gaming isn't about have'n the most powerful machine on the block. It's about the games.

Note to Wii bashers: Here's how to make a valid argument about the system being underpowered when compaired to 360/PS3.... By the system not having an as fast processor things like AI suffer. You need clock cycles to have more realistic AI.

Stop using "Oooh it's prettier" as an argument PLEASE.
First I didn't make a comment about the Wii being underpowered. Reread my post and you'll see that. What I meant by not a real console like it's forebears is that the Wii works by using a very different controller then standard. Well this is great for pulling new people in it sucks for people like me that are more used to having a controller in my had and buttons, D-pads and joysticks to use. No I wasn't impressed having to tilt the controller to steer a car in the racing game that was a laugh title, it made me fee like a was a hyperactive 6 year old again.

The Wii may make it as a means to bring people out and try playing Nintendo's product that were otherwise scared off by the whole "16 buttons?! How do you play a game with that many buttons. How am I suppost to move, fire and adjust camera angle at the same time?" hysteria. I'm not one and I'm sure there are others that feel that flaying my arms about to do a simple action isn't something they like to do. I'll got to an arcade for that kind of experience thank you very much.

The Dreamcast, yeah ahead of it's time, but again time wasn't with it. The Dreamcast failed for one major flaw, that is the lack of a DVD player. Yes sadly that is why, we have all know it and we've mentioned it a couple times before. Great games but unless you want to play the homebrew, make the homebrew or mod the Dreamcast the system is really dead.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

MrTroy

Post by MrTroy » Thu May 10, 2007 4:02 pm

I'm sorry but this line
The 360/PS3 would never be made or conceived with any less the graphic power they have, both companies' philosophy are more visually please games.
is what made me say that. There's only two things people complain about with the Wii, The remote and that it's not as powerful as 360/PS3. You brought up one then commented about something that I thought you were talking about the other.

Here's something else I'm gonna pull out.
I'm not one and I'm sure there are others that feel that flaying my arms about to do a simple action isn't something they like to do.
Never once did I have to flay my arms about to do a simple action. And I own 4 Wii games(3 if you exclude Wii Sports). Simple wrist motions for damn near everything. Nothing extreme. I can play games for hours without getting tired. Why is it so many other are swinging their arms wildly and breaking stuff? What games are they playing? Most people who say that, typically haven't even touched a Wii.

Unidentified Assilant

Post by Unidentified Assilant » Sat May 12, 2007 12:58 pm

Dreamcast is dead COMMERCIALLY. I play on an Amiga, other people do. Does that mean it's alive? Nope.

Live with it, and enjoy your Dreamcast. Just stop arguing. Nintendo didnt want to be the most powerful this generation, they wanted to be different and innovative. They were, they did what they wanted to do, and are making a profit this console war.

benol

Post by benol » Sat May 12, 2007 1:24 pm

bicostp wrote:I have a rhetorical question for the Wii advocates:

If the Wii did NOT have the wave-around controller and instead came with a traditional gamepad, but was otherwise identical to the way it is now, would you still buy it? (By "identical" I mean processor, memory, price, and capabilities. In this scenario there is no motion sensing controller at all, first party or otherwise.)
No, because then it would be a gamecube
PM me for DS friend codes. PLEASE!
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

Help My MyMiniCity, plzkthxbai

Unidentified Assilant

Post by Unidentified Assilant » Sun May 13, 2007 4:36 am

^ Truth