Midwest Gaming Classic - now over, check for pics!

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

nightwheel
PSN Username:nightwheel
360 GamerTag:nightwheel94
Steam ID:nightwheel

Post by nightwheel » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:29 pm

I couldn'd make it this year. Im hopeing to make it next year at all costs. Same place next year? Because if it is it's going to be probly a two day ride from where I live in kentucky.
Last edited by nightwheel on Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Who knows if the Namco Portable will ever become a reality? :P

marshallh
360 GamerTag:marshallh

Post by marshallh » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:26 pm

Wow, looks like you guys had a great time.
I would've come but was on a sailing ship (seabase FL).

Next year I'll be there with a to-be-announced portable ;)

khaag

Post by khaag » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:37 pm

Kurt_ wrote:Us Canadians measure gas in Litres! It makes it seem like less.

We're around .80-1 dollar per litre of gas.

14 miles to the gallon is little better than a humvee...
Wow, thats almost CHEAP! Here in BC (far-west Canada for all you Southerners :lol:), it's $1.20 to $1.28 per litre. Gas prices are rediculously high! Mind you, it still only costs me 15 bucks to fill up my Ninja, and I get ~ 70 MPG highway and 50 city... and yes thats MILES per gallon :lol:
[url=http://thekevbot.com]Portfolio[/url]
[url=http://twitter.com/thekevbot]Twitter[/url]
[url=http://blog.thekevbot.com]Blog[/url]

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:56 pm

For those in the US that were wondering, $1.20 per liter (or litre, whatever :P ) is about $4.00USD/gallon after rough currency conversion and everything. $.80/liter would be about $2.70USD... whoa, that is (relatively) cheap :shock:
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

nightwheel

Post by nightwheel » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:03 pm

nightwheel wrote:I couldn'd make it this year. Im hopeing to make it next year at all costs. Same place next year? Because if it is it's going to be probly a two day ride from where I live in kentucky.
Where is it going to be next year? I need to know!

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:23 pm

Ya, same place... Olympia Resort and Spa, Oconomowoc (go ahead and try to say that, gannon :P ) Wisconsin
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

nightwheel

Post by nightwheel » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:27 pm

SpongeBuell wrote:Ya, same place... Olympia Resort and Spa, Oconomowoc (go ahead and try to say that, gannon :P ) Wisconsin
Thank for the info. Now time to start saving money to go. And conveince my parnets to let me go. Because I'll be 17 next year and probly still living with them.

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:40 pm

lol, it took me till about half an hour before we left to figure out how to pronounce that, dont think gannon ever got it either lol.

gannon

Post by gannon » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:47 pm

oconomowoc, there, I said it! :P
Really though, English sucks with it's lack of standardized spelling/accent characters :P

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:58 am

I don't blame you guys, I couldn't say it, either. :lol: I just referred to it as "that one town with the O" XD

CTFan

G-force

Post by G-force » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:49 pm

yeah! Finally made it online! :lol: Lets hear it for nothing but work and sleep since getting back :P

here are my share of pics!

This was on my way up on the bus. Picture just doesnt do it justice. It was an awesome sunrise.

They have the coolest bathrooms in Chicago. You push this button and it rotates the old plastic on the seat and replaces it with new. I take great interest in these kinds of things, being a recovering germaphobe. :P

what NOT to do when chaining up your bike. :P And that is, do not chain through the easy-off-hand-screw tire in the middle of Chicago. Always go through the frame.

My haul from the first day. I got that little demon horn controller for $3, and a Gyrmoite cart for $2, and the super cool Fm radio/famiclone for $5 (it ended up not working, but the cart that came with it was worth the price easily. It had some hacked version of mario that rocked my world. Flying mario, invincible mariio, super jump mario. You name it.

On the second day I bought 10 arcade buttons and two joysticks for $30, a T-shirt, and some miscellaneous keychains and stuff. I dont know what will be done with the arcade stuff, but I have ideas!

The famiclone unboxed. Sweet.

Yes! gannon helped me open up the gyrmoite cart with his bag full of crazy tools, and it did indeed have a famicom to NES converter! Perfect for playing all those weird pirate carts I keep getting from all the clones I buy.

our hotel room. Nice and messy. Behind me was the "soldering station" aka; the sink.

I was the only one without a laptop :lol:

I remembered my camera for the second day. I forgot for the first, thats why you see only hotel pics.

One guess who that person is :P

Pinball alley.

The only pic I got of CTfan, and you can't even see him! :P

Triton and his posse behind us on the way to lunch.

Everyone enjoying a sweet pizza place (sorry to Tritons mom for not getting her in the pic, my bad!) I can't remember the name of right now, but it was good. They only had square pizza. That right there shows you how cool Wisconsin is! Circle pizza might be the norm, but not there. Everything does look different though, the street signs, the stoplights stuff like that. It was neat.

wallydawg was there! Nice surprise to see him there :)

I had a wait for my bus at Untion Station in Chicago, so I played NES :D
I also got asked for paper to make a weed cigarette, asked for my cell phone use (which I granted), asked for $12, and asked for change (which I gave. He had a prosthetic leg, therefore, I had to!). It was certainly different from Chicago during the day!

THis was pretty funny. My bus stoppped at a gas station right before we got to Indianapolis, and there was a BeachHead game machine there with a good 'ol windows error on it. yay! :P

This was a rough year for me, I had to change a lot, and along the way my love for games fell away. But going to this brought it back. It was great to feel my love for videogames come alive again. Cheesy, but thats how it was!

Thanks to sponge for organizing all this! :D I definetly look forward to doing this next year, and hope there are even more people who can come. In fact, come or I'll have gannon ban you! :P

Turbo Tax 1.0
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:08 pm

G-force what is that in the 3rd and 2nd to last pictures, a new portable?
looks like a good time

also that toilet is like some kinda a future toilet :shock:
when life gives you lemons make flux
snesp mk4

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:25 pm

Turbo Tax 1.0 wrote:G-force what is that in the 3rd and 2nd to last pictures, a new portable?
Perhaps it is!
Spoiler:
Yeah it is, and it's simply AMAZING! Seriously, best portable I've ever played, homemade or otherwise!
But G, I can't agree with your corny statement more. :) It's not so much I stopped loving games, but life has just gotten in the way too much this past, jeez, at least 6 months. And when gaming went on hold, so did my modding. That's all going to change, though! MGC got me all fired up, I'm gaming again, and I'm shopping for new modding materials after my last day of school, which happens to be tomorrow! Now that this feeling's been revitalized, I intend on holding onto it for at least this summer.

And why the hell is it that you guys all decided to whip out your cameras when I wasn't looking? Do you seriously hate me THAT much? Huh? HUH?!?! :lol:

CTFan

nightwheel

Post by nightwheel » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:33 pm

Are you going next year Benjamin Heckendorn?
Last edited by nightwheel on Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G-force

Post by G-force » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:51 pm

Turbo Tax 1.0 wrote:G-force what is that in the 3rd and 2nd to last pictures, a new portable?
looks like a good time

also that toilet is like some kinda a future toilet :shock:
Yes it is! :D

I was thinking, about that toilet, if we could just get clothes like that, how amazing would that be. Press a button, change your dirty cheeto stained shirt instantly. I'd buy it!

@ CTFan: It's not that we don't like you, it's just that we hate typos in usernames :P