Anybody have any ideas on how the most antisocial person...

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

benol
Anybody have any ideas on how the most antisocial person...

Post by benol » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:09 pm

...in the world can get some friends? Thanks.
PM me for DS friend codes. PLEASE!
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

Help My MyMiniCity, plzkthxbai

cowsgoquack101
Steam ID:cowsgoquack101

Post by cowsgoquack101 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:24 pm

Talk to people, man. You'll be surprised of how many people have stuff in common with you.

benol

Post by benol » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:30 pm

cowsgoquack101 wrote:Talk to people, man. You'll be surprised of how many people have stuff in common with you.
I've tried that. Usually, nobody wants to talk to me.
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

Black Six
360 GamerTag:Black 5ix

Post by Black Six » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:34 pm

1. Print out these instructions.
2. Turn off your computer.
3. Go outside, breath some fresh air, see some sunlight.
4. Go to school and/or work, talk to the people you're around every single day.
5. Repeat steps three and four until you have friends.
6. Turn your computer back on.

It may sound harsh, but seriously, while I have made a number of friends through the internet, it's a whole lot easier to do in person.
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long." -Anonymous
Threads Closerized: Lost Track, Whoops

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:35 pm

its impossible to make friends without talking, sorry to break it to ya but your just gonna have to try and be outgoing

ValiantVenality
Portablizer

Post by ValiantVenality » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:36 pm

Who cares. Just because they dont want to talk with you, doesnt mean you dont want to talk to them. Just start talkin. And one main thing to do is, try to do something better with your life instead of play video games all day. (Past expierences with my friends.) And I'm not sayin you do im just sayin if you do, stop. Go live life at its fullest. :)

project_failure

Post by project_failure » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:45 pm

You NEED TO TALk.

Try Smiling. :) But not overkill :mrgreen:

But instead of going up to people and just start talking, you may want to listen to what they say to other people, so you know if they are interested in similar things. (don't ease drop on private stuff though.)

E.G.

person tells another person that they like modding (or cars, sports, brunettes etc). Walk up and ask what types of mods.

See if any of us live in the same area. :)
Sword_Gun wrote:Klef your asking a whole bunch of videogame players.. for girl advice.. Nice.
It is not junk! It is assorted goods with no current use.
-Project Failure

teraflop122

Post by teraflop122 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:46 pm

Find a situation in which you and people with similar interests are forced into a confined space together. Clubs in schools and colleges work rather well. If you can't find friends there right away, give it a few weeks. Talking to people gets easier once you've been around them for a while and you've had time to gauge their personalities. Similarly, others may be more receptive to conversation if they've seen you for a while as well.

We'd probably be more help to you if we had a general age range; middle school, high school, college, older?

benol

Post by benol » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:51 pm

teraflop122 wrote:Find a situation in which you and people with similar interests are forced into a confined space together. Clubs in schools and colleges work rather well. If you can't find friends there right away, give it a few weeks. Talking to people gets easier once you've been around them for a while and you've had time to gauge their personalities. Similarly, others may be more receptive to conversation if they've seen you for a while as well.

We'd probably be more help to you if we had a general age range; middle school, high school, college, older?
I'm a High School freshman
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

johnbjuice

Post by johnbjuice » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:06 pm

Ah, high school freshman. I have some advice for you!

1. To meet ladies, try out for anything dramatic/dance related. I've said it before a zillion times, but nobody gets it. I have more friends who are girls than guys. :D (PS: Having a lot of girls as arm candy tends to attract more friends who are guys who want to know your secret. Don't be frustrated when they don't believe it. :D )

2. To meet similarly-minded guy friends, join whatever the geekiest clubs are on campus (Videogame, Sci-Fi, etc.) or whatever you're interested in.

3. Don't be too intimidated by the upper class men. Don't piss 'em off, just don't be intimidated. Most are just like you, but older. (Duh.)

4. To get a best friend, look for someone who appears to have very few friends. They are just like you - they want a friend. My best friend was the guy I met back in freshman year when I had no friends. We both needed a friend, so yeah.

5. Don't stress about it! The more you seem like you are in need of friends desperately, the less people want to befriend you. Act like yourself and be confident in who you are. Assert your rights - if you want a friend, pick the person who you admire (not the person who looks coolest) and just be too nice to them. It works.

- Juice, Counselor 8)
Last edited by johnbjuice on Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

teraflop122

Post by teraflop122 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:11 pm

Well....hmm. Freshman year. That's rough :?

I still say getting involved in clubs and other extracurricular activities is your best bet. Sticking to honors courses (or your school's equivalents) is always good as well. You are more likely to meet other mature individuals in those courses (don't get me wrong, you'll find some mature people in normal classes as well).

Things'll get much easier after a year or so of classes, too. Most Middle School bullies and related animals die off relatively quickly in High School, and you'll see more of the same people in your classes (depending on the size of your school).

I was very antisocial, but by the middle of my junior year (I moved after freshman year, causing a social reset) I almost had no choice but make bunches of friends. You see the same freakin people so often that talking to them becomes second nature- and mine was a high school of 2600 students.

So yeah, get into some clubs.

EDIT: Johnbjuice, the Ladies' Man :lol:

benol

Post by benol » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:25 pm

One problem: My school has NO geeky clubs at all.
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face

Post by gamemasterAS » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:34 pm

benol wrote:One problem: My school has NO geeky clubs at all.
Start you own !

atari2600a

Post by atari2600a » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:41 pm

I have a question: Benol's question, but w/ someone w/ a somewhat-severe speech impediment. Try & figure THAT one out!

cowsgoquack101
Steam ID:cowsgoquack101

Post by cowsgoquack101 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:52 pm

benol wrote:One problem: My school has NO geeky clubs at all.
Want some cheese with that wine?

Hayden Dirr's patented friend maker:
1. Stop being so lame
2. Personal hygiene is key, use shampoo and clean your face.
3. Say "Hey man" everyone once in a while
4. Hang out with people

to get women friends: join choir and other artsy stuff. Hang out with the girls, go introduce yourself.

That'll be $20.