Scariest things you've seen kids do to their video games

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Extreme_Jesus
Location:Old Hampshire, none of that New hampshire stuff....

Post by Extreme_Jesus » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:46 pm

ages ago when my friend got a PS2 (when they were new) he gave his old PS1 to his younger brothers (5 and 6 at the time i think)

they had a lot of fun wit hthe PS1 until the younger one decided he "wanted to play ice cream" (his words not mine :wink: ) and promptly dumped a big scoop of ice cream in the disc drive, shut it and turned it on :lol:

gamer2

Post by gamer2 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:25 pm

I've seen people stick there fingers in the disc trays of PS2s and Xboxs to see who can pull it out the fastest right before the thing shut

ganonbanned

Post by ganonbanned » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:38 pm

jeroen wrote:I know a guy that chews yes chews on his ds stylus. And he's the same age as me! (14)
and you talk to the queer?

I once sold My NES collection I got from my cousin, 3 NES's, 10 controllers (a few dogbones in there) ROB, over 100 games (including a CIB tengen tetris) for $65 or something like that so I could get kirby crystal shards and the strategy guide for N64. I got the games from my cousin when I was 3.

Mario

Post by Mario » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:10 pm

ganonbanned wrote:
jeroen wrote:I know a guy that chews yes chews on his ds stylus. And he's the same age as me! (14)

I once sold My NES collection I got from my cousin, 3 NES's, 10 controllers (a few dogbones in there) ROB, over 100 games (including a CIB tengen tetris) for $65 or something like that so I could get kirby crystal shards and the strategy guide for N64. I got the games from my cousin when I was 3.
:shock: DUDE! A good ROB alone is worth, like, $100!

lifeisbetterwithketchup
Steam ID:lifeisbetterwithketchup

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:26 pm

benol wrote:it's only kinda related, but every PS3 I've seen at wal-Mart is frozen
Every PS3 I've seen has been either frozen or off. (It can be hard to tell, and I never asked the store dudes.)
Rekarp wrote:
mako321 wrote:What makes you head ninja, anyways? :wink:
Cause I am Abe F#!@ing Lincoln. :mrgreen:

Jake_Biggs

Post by Jake_Biggs » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:32 pm

hmm, dumbest things ive seen... one guy i know smeares peanut butter on scratched nonworking disks, then wipes it all of in hope of repairing it. sure, if the disk is broke it isnt a problem, but dont forget about the laser reader lens. another kid i know soaks his game disks in soapy water to try and remove grime. and this other dumbass i know actually TAKES APART his consoles to repair them! :shock: wait, that does work... :roll:
Jake Biggs: Official Owner of:
NDure 3.0'd v1.6 ATXbox, M3SD Flashme v7 DS Phat, Carbon Black Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Game Playing TI-83+ Calculator, and 1337 Skills owner!

My house number IS 1337.

theelk

Post by theelk » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:43 pm

my neighbors have 4 kids, all under twelve. They have an XBox, Gamecube, and two laptops. They have lots of games, but they never go back in their cases. They also have 3 iPod nanos, and their mom doesn't seem to understand that not all electronics are high quality. They have all sorts of stupid crap that never gets taken care of. it's painful to be over there.
I don't want to make an "I'm leaving" thread, but I've sort of lost interest in this board. So if you notice that I'm gone, that's why.

Dr. KillGood

Post by Dr. KillGood » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Washing discs in soapy water DOSE clean them, just leave them to dry before use.

Metroid fan

Post by Metroid fan » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:24 pm

Every DS i've ever seen at a store has been scratched so much the screen was very difficult to see. And with the stylus through the top screen I've seen the same thing :cry:

bioniclebert

Post by bioniclebert » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:30 pm

dj-spuddy wrote:I've seen a kid press the button on a ps2 to open the disc drive and then carefully put the disc into the tray trying not to touch the bottom of the disc for fear of scratching it. Then punch the disc drive door so it will close faster. I mean whats the point.
:P
Not that it was the most damage done of the other stories, just presented the best.
Making XNA Games in C#.

JKO-K6
Steam ID:jko_k6_30

Post by JKO-K6 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:24 pm

I've already seen a DS crack in two :shock: . I don't know how the did it, but they did. Also all the PS3 I seen in a Wal-Mart was freeze... Also a lucky guy get a free PS3 controller cause one of them was missing!

atari2600a

Post by atari2600a » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:45 pm

ganonbanned wrote:

The title of the thread says "Scariest", not completely retarded. You know that Tengen Tetris is worth AT LEAST $25, right?

twilightprincess

Post by twilightprincess » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:00 pm

gamer2 wrote:Warning. Strong use of the F word.

the kid uses his controllers like dolls.
hey that videos funny - and he doesnt throw em around or anything

(i think i know that guy)

khaag

Post by khaag » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:31 pm

Jake_Biggs wrote:hmm, dumbest things ive seen... one guy i know smeares peanut butter on scratched nonworking disks, then wipes it all of in hope of repairing it. sure, if the disk is broke it isnt a problem, but dont forget about the laser reader lens. another kid i know soaks his game disks in soapy water to try and remove grime. and this other dumbass i know actually TAKES APART his consoles to repair them! :shock: wait, that does work... :roll:
so does the peanut butter thing. You have to use the peanut butter oil though.
[url=http://thekevbot.com]Portfolio[/url]
[url=http://twitter.com/thekevbot]Twitter[/url]
[url=http://blog.thekevbot.com]Blog[/url]

EnterTheHatrix
Portablizer

Post by EnterTheHatrix » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:37 am

demonofaj wrote: Scariest thing I've seen would have to be....my friend's bro licking hsi PS2mini's laser to get a CD to work. I think we all know it didn't....but I guess I laughed at how he was able to get his tongue to reach the laser. Aw kids...it's just not worth buying the brat a PS3 sometimes. :wink:
That was just the foreplay...

Scariest thing I've seen is a friend paint his NES with permanent marker. It looked so trashy, and he tried to remove it, and he had blotchy purple marks that looked like crap. Needless to say, he ruined that NES because he wanted it to look black.
gamemasterAS wrote:Solder is also bad for you, says on the spindal that its known to cause cancer in the state of California.
vskid wrote:I'm safe, I live in Utah. :P