Prom

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Edutainment

Post by Edutainment » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:12 pm

When prom comes, I'm probably not gonna go. That could be a potentially scarring situation. :lol:

Extreme_Jesus
Location:Old Hampshire, none of that New hampshire stuff....

Post by Extreme_Jesus » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:11 pm

Proms arent a big deal over here, although they are slowly growing (my sister whos 3 years older never had a prom but my year did)

no one puts in nearly as much effort as you guys do, well the girls do but then thats cos they like any excuse to dress up

consider this, my friend bought his jacket and trousers for £1.50 and his shirt for 50p from a charity shop, the most expensive thing was some £6 suspenders he bought :lol:

Proms mean little to nothing to us really, just one final get together to see everybody and the teachers before moving on and escaping.

Lets just say it wasnt exactly a classy event, passing some girls dressed up in expensive dresses in a horse and carriage on the way drinking vodka out of a plastic tescos bag kinda drags the whole thing down a bit :lol:

timmeh87

Post by timmeh87 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:31 pm

Although I do agree that school-organized events usually suck balls, a lot of you people seem pretty pessimistic about your chances with the ladies. You ain't never gettin a girl with that attitude.

The only 'prom' like event I went to was my grad. Guess what. It sucked balls. Me and my friends went outside of the place and talked to the security guard. turns out she dropped out of high school. I was glad that I just graduated.

Then after everyone got really drunk so the night was saved.

"Linux is only free if your time is worthless"

Rototiller

Post by Rototiller » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:13 pm

Okay, one thing i got to say: why go to the prom with a girlfriend when you can be friends with all the chicks?
what sig? i don't see anything...

ganonbanned

Post by ganonbanned » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:20 pm

im not. im a freshman, and it costs $60 to get in (!). per person. on top of that, I wouldnt have a date :(

theelk

Post by theelk » Sat May 17, 2008 7:19 am

This is a bump, but I thought I'd bump an old thread rather than make a new one. My prom is tonight, and I'm pretty damn excited about it. I'm going with a friend (who is a freshman and too young for me anyway) and I look forward to hanging out with my friends and stuff.

Plus I get to wear a tux. How can you complain about that?
I don't want to make an "I'm leaving" thread, but I've sort of lost interest in this board. So if you notice that I'm gone, that's why.

cowsgoquack101
Steam ID:cowsgoquack101

Post by cowsgoquack101 » Sat May 17, 2008 8:01 am

We had ours about 3 2eeks ago, but I'm only a sophomore and it's junior-senior only. Next year I might though. I could just get a nice suit at my local goodwill/salvation army. Perhaps even not go and just go hang out with my girlfriend.

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Sat May 17, 2008 10:29 am

Ours was about a month ago. My mom said she would pay for everything (to get me out of the house and because I didn't have any), so I went. Probably the best night of my life so far, and I'll get to do it again next year because I'm only a junior. We don't even have seniors at my school this year, so I didn't have to feel stupid for going to a more senior-oriented dance.

Don't expect any pictures, no way I'm gonna let you guys bask in the beauty of my "girlfriend" (we aren't "officially" bf/gf, so we can date other people and not have stupid drama).

Bubbles

Post by Bubbles » Sat May 17, 2008 11:06 am

Didn't go to mine, so far (it's only been a year) no regrets there.

My girlfriend's was a few weeks back, kinda wish I'd gone to that.

DK

Post by DK » Sat May 17, 2008 11:30 am

Mine sucked tbh. As usual me and my mates didn't take it seriously so turned up in my old Mini instead of a Limo. Didn't want to waste hundred odd quid renting a limo and our way got more laughs :lol:

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face

Post by gamemasterAS » Sat May 17, 2008 12:18 pm

Only a freshman, and I think dances are dumb. Its not that I cant get dates for them, I just view them as boring and a waste of time.

Jongamer
PSN Username:Geekystig790
360 GamerTag:Mesu Gitsune

Post by Jongamer » Sat May 17, 2008 12:34 pm

gamemasterAS wrote:Only a freshman, and I think dances are dumb. Its not that I cant get dates for them, I just view them as boring and a waste of time.
I agree.

Personally girlfriends are a huge waste of money, at least High school GFs, very very small percentage of Highschool relationships ever end in marriage.

proms are pretty much worthless, all they are good for is getting together and BSing with your classmates which you do everyday at school anyway.

but yeah I didn't go to my prom, I instead went to go see Iron Man :D

Bubbles

Post by Bubbles » Sat May 17, 2008 12:39 pm

I don't know, my girlfriend isn't really a waste of money.

In fact I spend very little money on her, mostly we just chill, very little money happens.

She's actually commented on how I spend more money on video games than her, though I could just say the same thing to her and it would probably be true.

Jongamer
PSN Username:Geekystig790
360 GamerTag:Mesu Gitsune

Post by Jongamer » Sat May 17, 2008 12:41 pm

Bubbles wrote:I don't know, my girlfriend isn't really a waste of money.
Well most are, at least the school I go to are.

Bubbles

Post by Bubbles » Sat May 17, 2008 2:16 pm

Fair enough.

Mines fairly low maintenance (at least money wise).

It's cool, cause I'm poor.