Ancient poll revisited

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

You decide!

Dreamcast
25%
PS2
23%
XBOX
30%
Gamecube
23%

Total votes: 40

Gump-in-space
Ancient poll revisited

Post by Gump-in-space » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:21 pm

I was shufflin' through the graveyard (topics more than 4 pages old) in the Dreamcast forum and found a poll that was never properly executed do to the lack of votes. So here is the same question for today's forum 42.
What has best games of the 6th generation? Dreamcast, Playstation 2, XBOX, or Gamecube?

Dreamcast: Shenmue, Jet Grind Radio, Phantasy Star Online, Skies of Arcadia

PS2: Spiderman 2, Final Fantasy, Gran Turismo 4, Grand Theft Auto

XBOX: Halo 2, Ninja Gaiden, Splinter Cell, Project Gothem Racing

Gamecube: Super Mario Sunshine, Pikmin, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

The popular Vote in the old topic was for PS2 by one vote.

Me being a Sega hardcore I vote for Dreamcast.

Skyone: Polled!
Gamelver wrote:aw, I thought they were gonna be Gameboys inside the bricks :P.

Lady Indecisive

Post by Lady Indecisive » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:30 pm

The reason it wasnt really voted on is because its to hard of a choice....

My vote is trapped between Gamecube and PS2.
Last edited by Lady Indecisive on Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when pushed down a staircase.

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:45 pm

Tie between Xbox and Gamecube, Halo 2 and all the Nintendo first-parties. PS2 just fails, and I can't judge Dreamcast because I've never played it.

Electric Rain
PSN Username:Denki_no_Ame

Post by Electric Rain » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:56 pm

... I don't really like that line-up of games. You don't even have SSBM (my favorite GC game ever) as one of the Gamecube games. :? I haven't even played Twilight Princess yet... (want a Wii first), I thought Super Mario Sunshine was the worst Mario game since the beginning of the series and I never played/have no interest it playing Pikmin yet.

I don't like any of those PS2 games... my favorite PS2 games are Guitar Hero 1&2, and MGS 2&3. Never owned and barely ever played a Dreamcast, don't care for any of its games... and same with Xbox. Xboxes are for Halo, period. And I was never into the FPS types... :wink: ... Maybe I shouldn't be in this thread? :lol:

daguuy
Portablizer

Post by daguuy » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:00 pm

It's a tough choice between PS2 and XBOX. XBOX has some really great games, but PS2 has more good games. My vote goes for PS2. It has a lot of good games nobody ever hears about like Psy-ops and stuff.
ImageImage

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:38 pm

Out of the games you listed, I can easily say Gamecube. I never cared for anything listed in the Dreamcast or PS2 section, however I did obsessively play Halo 2 on the XBOX.

EDIT: Agreed with Electric Rain, if you had Kingdom Hearts in the PS2 section (and Guitar Hero), it would be a much tougher fight - and me too, SSBM was my favorite game!

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:43 pm

I chose Xbox, I just went with the system features because I was tied between Xbox and Gamecube games. Built-in 8GB hard drive and DVD playback pushed me over to Xbox, and the fact that I have one.

OAtH_OS

Post by OAtH_OS » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:03 pm

I also had to go with the Xbox, Fable and the Halos pretty much decided for me. I love a lot of the games for other systems, but you don't understand me and my RPG love (talking about Fable...) Also, the GTA's didn't stay PS2 only, so that's not counting toward the PS2 as a Console Exclusite Title.
I lika Pacman.

johnbjuice

Post by johnbjuice » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:07 pm

See, I was going to put X-Box.

But I only play Halo 1+2. That's really it. Yeah it's an awesomely designed system, but in the end, it's the games that matter. So GC FTW! I mean - people STILL play SSBM (Like Halo) PLUS the GC had all those awesome 1st party games. So what if it was purple, small, and dorky? I love it all the more!

Unidentified Assilant

Post by Unidentified Assilant » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:27 am

1 and half years ago i'd of voted PS2, come to think of it now that Guitar Hero 2 is on Xbox360, PS2 fails, awful console with 1995 style controllers and generally bad exclusives, hell, the SmackDown! franchise I play a lot is also on 360 now. Xbox1 has Halo, everybodys favourite FPS, and one of the first console FPS games that found it's home on a console. Quake 3 Arena - Dreamcast, PS2 & PC... PC won that, Unreal Tournament - Dreamcast, PS2, PC - Once again, PC for the win for that game, even Unreal Championship on Xbox don't compare to the PC game Unreal Tournament 2003 (Unreal Championship 2 in my eyes is a completely different game), although Halo on PC is overshadowed by the Xbox version. Gamecube, is okay, but it's libiary is lacking, many Mario, Zelda games, but not too many FPS titles, got a strong RPG libiary though.

Xbox gets my vote, Dreamcast as a second, then Gamecube, then PS2

Somebody please buy my Dreamcast >_> £20+shipping :)

Mageslayer

Post by Mageslayer » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:59 am

Wow, it seems like very few people are voting for PS2. Exclusive-wise (not including PC) we have the following really good games:

PS2:
.Hack
Tekken
Devil May Cry
Final Fantasy (Not my favorite PS2 games, but popular with many so worth at least a mention)

GC:
SSBM
Zelda (but Wind Waker was majorly lame and Twilight Princess is still only one game)

Xbox:
Halo
Morrowwind

Dreamcast (almost forgot about dreamcast :lol:):
Soul Caliber
Some rubbish Sonic games I'm sure.

I'll admit, I didn't play much of the Dreamcast, but I'm not really sad about that. Anyway, What about the controllers? I know around here that the main debate when the Xbox came out was that the controller sucked. Sure, they made the S controller, but that's still not as comfortable as the PS2 controller. I've heard numerous complaints that the PS3 controller is the same basic design as the PS1 and PS2 were, but has anyone ever heard the phrase "If it's not broken, don't fix it"? I think that the continued use of the same controller merely shows that they got it right the first time. Anyway, that's the end of my rantish ravings. In closing, I voted PS2.
I once wrote:My head may be in the clouds, but the view up here is breathtaking.
"What kind of a monster are you?"
"The kind that killed your family."

jones
Compound Intelligence
PSN Username:jarjarisgod

Post by jones » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:12 am

I played the Xbox the most so it got my vote. Plus, it had the great exclusive Forza Motorsport (MS's answer to Gran Turismo) which has not been mentioned yet.

It may not have had as many exclusives as the PS2 that time around, but it had better graphics and load times which were probably part of the reason I ended up playing it more.

The hard drive was a great feature and the birth of Xbox Live could be looked at as factors as well. The fact that I could rip a CD to the hard drive and listen to it in game was something I thought of way back when the Sega CD came out, but nobody actually did it until the Xbox came along.

And (I'm in the minority here) I actually loved the controller. Way better than the dual shock or Gamecube controllers in my opinion.

Mageslayer

Post by Mageslayer » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:27 am

Was it you who liked the gigantic original one or are you talking about the S?
I once wrote:My head may be in the clouds, but the view up here is breathtaking.
"What kind of a monster are you?"
"The kind that killed your family."

Unidentified Assilant

Post by Unidentified Assilant » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:52 pm

jones wrote:And (I'm in the minority here) I actually loved the controller. Way better than the dual shock or Gamecube controllers in my opinion.
I'm in the minority also. I prefer the Duke over DualShock, but I prefer S-Type over Duke. Hell, I prefer S-Type over every controller, maybe not 360.

Somebody please buy my Dreamcast >_> £20+shipping :)

lifeisbetterwithketchup
Steam ID:lifeisbetterwithketchup

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:49 pm

I say Gamecube, mainly because that's all I owned in this generation (last generation?) until last summer. SSBM, Wind Waker, Pikmin/2, Star Fox Adventures (Underrated game), Rouge Squadran II and III, Mario Sunshine, I just got more play time out GC this gen.

And I CAN'T STAND the DualShock controllers. For my PS2, I use my awesome Logitech wireless one. The Gamecube controller is the best in my opinion (again probably because that's all I had until recently), and Xbox (S, never used a "Duke") comes in a close second. I never owned a Dreamcast, so I can't comment on it, although I'm considering buying one up if I see one.
Rekarp wrote:
mako321 wrote:What makes you head ninja, anyways? :wink:
Cause I am Abe F#!@ing Lincoln. :mrgreen: