StarWars 7,8, and 9. Will it happen?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Rekarp
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username:Lnghrn_
Steam ID:rekarp

Post by Rekarp » Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:34 pm

ganonbanned wrote:april fools. if it was in 2021 it wouldnt be announced yet.
that link is 2 years old :roll:.
The wood master

"I was under the impression Mac owners don't actually USE their machines, they just parade them around trying to evangelize the masses."

OAtH_OS

Post by OAtH_OS » Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:09 pm

I didn't think about the day I posted this, not meant to be a joke. I seriously am hoping this is true. I read all of the posts and I'm still not sure if I trust what they say.
I lika Pacman.

OAtH_OS

Post by OAtH_OS » Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:13 pm

Sorry for double post, but If you think about it, remember how long it took for the 1st episode to come out after the 6th? Maybe they are trying to do the same thing.
I lika Pacman.

lifeisbetterwithketchup
Steam ID:lifeisbetterwithketchup

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:10 pm

Kurt_ wrote:Actually, many MANY years ago, around the release of episode 1, lucas said he had planned episodes 7-9, but wasn't going to turn them into movies. After episode 3, he confirmed it 100% that he wasn't going to make 7-9 into movies.
Yeah, just like how he previously confirmed it 100% that he wouldnt release the original non-special-edition trilogy on DVD. :roll:
Rekarp wrote:
mako321 wrote:What makes you head ninja, anyways? :wink:
Cause I am Abe F#!@ing Lincoln. :mrgreen:

OAtH_OS

Post by OAtH_OS » Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:20 pm

Yes, Lucas said that he would not be making them, but according to the rumors, lucas gave a guy named Supershadow full permission to make them. The question is if this is true, and if the Supershadow would actually make them even with permission.
I lika Pacman.

Krepticor

Post by Krepticor » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:06 pm

I figure that he will first get greedy (by this I mean when his toilet paper is demoted to fifty dollar bills instead of hundreds)

and re-release the original trilogy with more Cg animation (since it really has improved since the 90s and could do a lot more...)

Then he will go through the Shadow's of the Empire books
Actually Lucas has a ton of Star Wars books for material, and a good few don't suck royally

He could also redo the war of the Sith (think a Star Wars KotoR thing) There is a lot of material there...The beauty of Star WArs is the sheer magnitude of it, and by Beauty I of course mean exploitable areas to make oodles of Cash

~Krepticor
I refuse to dignify myself with an intelligent and witty signature

Nick

Post by Nick » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:15 pm

No. He wouldn't make MORE cheesy Star Wars sequels... Or WOULD he? :shock:
Refusing to change my avatar since like freakin 2007.

Unidentified Assilant

Post by Unidentified Assilant » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:58 am

lifeisbetterwithketchup wrote:
Kurt_ wrote:Actually, many MANY years ago, around the release of episode 1, lucas said he had planned episodes 7-9, but wasn't going to turn them into movies. After episode 3, he confirmed it 100% that he wasn't going to make 7-9 into movies.
Yeah, just like how he previously confirmed it 100% that he wouldnt release the original non-special-edition trilogy on DVD. :roll:
Haha yeah exactly. The special editions on VHS are better though, not quality wise ofc, but i've seen both editions of Episode II and I think Special Edition is better, I wouldn't rush out and buy the DVD boxset of all 6 episodes though.

Somebody please buy my Dreamcast >_> £20+shipping :)

OAtH_OS

Post by OAtH_OS » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:49 pm

I guess We will just have to wait 15 years to fing out. :roll: I also heard that there would be a TV series coming out in 2008, Im not too sure about that one though. It would take place in between the 3rd and 4th movie.
I lika Pacman.

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:53 pm

OAtH_OS wrote:I also heard that there would be a TV series coming out in 2008, Im not too sure about that one though. It would take place in between the 3rd and 4th movie.
Do you know if it will be animated or live action? It should be pretty good if its live or animated good, not like Clone Wars.

OAtH_OS

Post by OAtH_OS » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:57 pm

Live action was the rumor.
I lika Pacman.

teraflop122

Post by teraflop122 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:26 pm

I would be mildly interested in a live action Star Wars series, assuming it would be full of action and political intrigue. There just seems to be so much else beyond the movies- like the freakish star destroyers with superlasers mounted along the keel.

OAtH_OS

Post by OAtH_OS » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:15 pm

I'm still Iffy about the idea of a TV show. I can see it getting too far away from the original starwars, and more like a Star Trek. All of the actors would be different as well, so it would just not be the same.
I lika Pacman.