[/please poll] members have the ability to delete posts?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:12 pm

I don't think I agree with the "evidence" argument because one could always use the edit button. Following that argument, then we shouldn't even have an edit button.

However, I agree that we shouldn't have a delete option. Yes double posts happen, but what would happen if someone decides to delete the first post in a thread? Does it delete the whole thing or just that one post? And if someone is able to do that, then what happens if they act like a jerk and delete a whole discussion?

It would be nice for tidiness in the Trading Post, but 1) can't assume everyone will be responsible and 2) the same type of person who would take the time to clean up after themselves is the same type of person who is kind enough to write "sold" or whatever in the title anyway.
dragonhead wrote:sweet. ive spent a third of my life on benheck!

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:15 pm

While a good idea in theory, the privilage(sp) would definitely be abused, and as gamelver stated, evidence could be deleted before being viewed by the appropriate authority. As much as I'd like to rid the forums of my pesky double-posts or pressing quote instead of edit, I think it's best if we just let the mods and admins, who have obviously displayed their reliability and responsibility, handle the job. :wink:

CTFan

limpport

Post by limpport » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:31 pm

I would have to give a strong no to letting us delete our posts. I know that moderators enjoy their jobs, and that would be one more thing taking away from it.