Favorite obscure/unpopular game(s)?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator: Moderators

SavageLych

Post by SavageLych » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:45 pm

Meh my favorite game of all time that got me started :

1.Total Annilation
2.Crusader no regret
3.Reader Rabbit ( i was 5 sheesh)
4.Some cart game on pc... CrazyCart of Wild Cart or sumtin....
5.Red Faction
6.Dune 200 (hands down best 2D rts ever made (before StarCraft))
7.OutLaws
8.Some badass biker game by LucasArts...

vskid
Steam ID: vskid3

Post by vskid » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:54 pm

SavageLych wrote:Total Annihilation
That is a sweet game, my favorite RTS ever. Story and campaign are crappy compared to Starcraft, but the effects and unit variety pwn Starcraft's, and I think it came out a year before Starcraft. Supreme Commander is kinda the sequel (made by the same guy), and it makes me wish I had a good enough computer to play it.
Old games that run on my computer FTW!!!

SavageLych

Post by SavageLych » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:57 pm

I'll have to check that out, YEA I KNO UNITS WOOT SFX WOOT... Any ways, I'll have to check out that other game vskid....

I played total annilation on a router with 4 other people so it was amazingly fun, yea the story and campaign were weak...

vskid
Steam ID: vskid3

Post by vskid » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:04 pm

SavageLych wrote:I'll have to check out that other game vskid....
Yeah, Supreme Commander came out last week. The screenshots look amazing, the unit size range is huge, theres monster units walking among tiny units with explosions all over, and I think most ships are also submarines so you can sneak attack.
Get it and tell me how it is. :wink:

Dragunov

Post by Dragunov » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:11 pm

1. Princess Crown for Saturn, it was like a sidescrolling Final Fantasy only you would combat enemies in a Samurai Showdown style.

2. Guardian Heroes for Saturn, probably the most fun game ever, imagine a mix between Street Fighter, Gunstar Heroes, Streets of Rage and if you play the vs mode, Super Smash Brothers. 6 people can play at one time and leads to an amazing game.

3. Der Langrisser for PCFX, a stategy RPG that is in a language that I can't read but has so much in the gameplay. It plays similar to Fire Emblem, but there are groups of soldiers you control, like an army. A game that I've done through 4 times and it still as good as the first time I played it.

4. Shenmue Episodes 1+2(I group them together)for Sega Dreamcast. The most immersive and thought through game I've ever played. The similarities to Japanese coastal life is just mind boggling.

5. Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu Adventure for PC Engine. Awesome platformer, all I really have to say here. Graphics might not be the best ever, but the music was very Jackie Chanish, which is very good.

That's just my 5 cents.

Nonsense Man

Post by Nonsense Man » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:22 pm

Two Words
Cortex Command
http://www.datarealms.com - its a fun 2d sidescrolling shooter that is extremeley(sp) moddable and also has many mods that you can download on the forums which has a great community

grahf

Post by grahf » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:49 pm

I'd say its a tie between the original Clock Tower for SNES, and Starfox 2 (WHY didnt you release it Nintendo?).

I already made two custom Starfox 2 carts, and plan to make a Clock Tower cart in the future. I would have made them already but I cant get my damn Willem burner to program the 27c801 without error.. I had to mail the eproms to a friend for the Starfox 2s.. When I get it sorted out in the future i'll help you with that SD3 cart TurboTax.

Starfox 2 cart for anyone interested. (please note that in this pic, I had the eprom soldered in backwards. DUMB time consuming mistake :x

http://files.myopera.com/grahf/albums/3 ... 0eprom.jpg
http://files.myopera.com/grahf/albums/3 ... 20scan.jpg

dman762000

Post by dman762000 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:53 pm

fester's quest for the nes
dragon quest for the nes
master blaster for the nes
and sub terrianian for sega genny

Triton
360 GamerTag: triton199
Steam ID: triton199

Post by Triton » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:05 pm

master blaster is awesome! i had a book of it at one time, probably still around here somewhere

Darth Fett
Location: On my giant space station. Firing on earth in 3...2...1...

Post by Darth Fett » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:03 pm

Baten Kaitos-No one I talk to has figured out how that name is pronounced.I've heard it done like four different ways. :lol:
Shadow the Hedgehog-Really, I haven't figured out where all the bad stuff mentioned in the reviews is.Mabey they played a copy from a alternate universe or something.
Baten Kaitos Origins-Not as cool as Baten Kaitos and blisteringly difficult, but come on EGM!A four!?It's at least a 8! :evil:
I'll list out the rest later.
Laugh and the world laughs with you; It's inhabitants are an entirely different story.

Triton
360 GamerTag: triton199
Steam ID: triton199

Post by Triton » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:10 pm

i pronounce it bay-ten kai(like guy) tos(like toes kinda) just fyi! lol

cowsgoquack101
Steam ID: cowsgoquack101

Post by cowsgoquack101 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:29 pm

Dig-dug!

johnbjuice

Post by johnbjuice » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:33 pm

rofl! (I actually did!)

I love Dig-Dug! Used to play it for hours - no - days!

Oh - try this game - <a href="http://agtp.romhack.net/doukutsu.html">Cave Story</a>

It rocks my socks.

Rekarp
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username: Lnghrn_
Steam ID: rekarp

Post by Rekarp » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:22 pm

Shogo for the PC 8)
The wood master

"I was under the impression Mac owners don't actually USE their machines, they just parade them around trying to evangelize the masses."

Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Metallica Man X » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:19 am

The Guardian Legend For NES...it's like Legend Of Zelda Meets 1942 meets Megaman meets Star wars (you get a kewl light saber-like thing) Fun stuff!