Make me a Blackbox bootup animation!

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Krepticor

Post by Krepticor » Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:05 pm

I think it should be a user selectable thing, What I mean is for those who build their own, they need to just apply that area of code themselves, or at least have a user friendly thing that is as simple as drag this flash to this folder...
I refuse to dignify myself with an intelligent and witty signature

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face

Post by gamemasterAS » Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:05 pm

The first one is my favorite, But I figure you can't use that due to copyright infringment.

paul4990

Post by paul4990 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:24 pm

who likes mine

its like neo geo

teraflop122

Post by teraflop122 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:55 am

I think the one Triton mentioned looks the best, though it is a little drawn out. We don't need the corners of squares coming from the side of the screen, or the main cube zooming in, just the first four seconds.

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:35 am

This is mine, it's very bad -Note to self, don't use text to speech :wink:

blackbox_dev

Post by blackbox_dev » Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:17 am

Krepticor wrote:I think it should be a user selectable thing, What I mean is for those who build their own, they need to just apply that area of code themselves, or at least have a user friendly thing that is as simple as drag this flash to this folder...
That's a good idea, but we do want a default one that ships with the console, no? :wink:
daguuy wrote:Can it be a .gif? I've never worked with flash or anything.
Sure. I just used Flash 'cause I already have it, and it's pretty easy to work with.

I have some ideas for a boot up but I can't make it because I don't have the 3D software needed. If anybody does have something to make this, this is what I'm thinking:

The background is plain white, and there is a rotating black cube in the center. It starts to spin faster and faster until its out of control and bouncing around the screen. It then explodes, making the background black. After that, the Blackbox logo fades onto the screen, and fades off after about 3 seconds.

Sound cool?

EDIT:

Here are the technical limitations of the Blackbox:

Video:

• 256x192 resolution using composite output (technically the Propeller can out 1024x768 VGA)
• 64 Color Pallette. The pallette can be customized by the user by changing constants in the code.
• There are 16 tiles horizontally, and 12 tiles vertically. Each tile is 16x16 pixels. Each tile can have 4 different colors.

Audio:

• The Blackbox can output mono or stereo sound.
• WAV files can be played from the SD card. The maximum sound quality is PCM 22.050 kHz, 8-bit mono. To play stereo there must be two seperate files.
• The Blackbox can also generate square waves in any frequency that is audible by the human ear. Two frequencies can be generated at the same time, resulting in stereo sound.

I decided to share this info with you guys so that you know what the system can and can't do. Try to make your intros so that they can be output by the Blackbox as closely as possible to your original file.

These are minimum specs, most likely by the time we release the console the specifications will be higher. Try to keep within these guide lines though, just in case.

Regards,
-iam7805
I'd imagine right now you wish you were a cuttlefish...