Edible video game system

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Retromaster
Portablizer
Edible video game system

Post by Retromaster » Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:36 pm

I, the nerd who lives with his mother, have designed a laptop like portable. It consists of a system motherboard fitted with a PS1 screen out of its casing all packed in a metal lunchbox. It can run off wall power or batteries and has an external controller port. it can be any system, it depends on which motherboard is in it. The best part is that it can be taken to school or work without anyone noticing it's a game system. I have blueprints for it, but it is not completely built yet. you can also pack some other stuff in it such as games or a sandwitch because it has extra space. Now this is my idea, so do not steal it, kids.
http://portableuniverse.forumcircle.com/index.php? http://mtac.profusehost.net/ Image SAY ALLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!!!i finally used google!!

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:58 pm

So it's just a portable in a lunchbox? I can just see that all shorting out... hehe....

Retromaster
Portablizer

Post by Retromaster » Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:07 pm

I was going to line the bottom with epoxy, duct & electric tape so that nothing shorts out. as for the screen, i'll use spacers or PC board standoffs to keep it off the surface. once I figure out how to use my scanner, i'll show you the actual proffesional blueprints that I drew on an actual bar napkin.
http://portableuniverse.forumcircle.com/index.php? http://mtac.profusehost.net/ Image SAY ALLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!!!i finally used google!!

Ditto

Post by Ditto » Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:15 am

Hold on. Bar? :?

You were rambling on about how you are under 18 like an hour ago. :|

dudex77

Re: Edible video game system

Post by dudex77 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:25 am

Retromaster wrote:I, the nerd who lives with his mother, have designed a laptop like portable. It consists of a system motherboard fitted with a PS1 screen out of its casing all packed in a metal lunchbox. It can run off wall power or batteries and has an external controller port. it can be any system, it depends on which motherboard is in it. The best part is that it can be taken to school or work without anyone noticing it's a game system. I have blueprints for it, but it is not completely built yet. you can also pack some other stuff in it such as games or a sandwitch because it has extra space. Now this is my idea, so do not steal it, kids.
damnit ive been thinking of doing the same thing with a noac so i could play double dragon at school without people critisizing me for having video games at school
Kurt_ wrote: I would use tact switches but I want the mushy feel. Mushy = God. (I typed that correctly).

Indigno

Post by Indigno » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:29 am

If he's not from the US, then the drinking age may be lower.

I think this is a good idea. But instead of a mash of glue and tape, I would suggest lining the inside with some thin sheets of plastic and filling the cracks in with hot glue or epoxy. It would just give it a neater look, although the mash would work.
Getting a tan while everyone else is in a blizzard... >.<

vb_master

Post by vb_master » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:33 am

Indigno wrote:If he's not from the US, then the drinking age may be lower.
He says his location is Florida. Also he has Cox cable, and that is an ISP from the USA.

ganonbanned

Post by ganonbanned » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:38 am

I think you would have to do disk systems because I dont think an atari cart will fit in the same case slot as an NES. but than disk systems are huge, like xbox.

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:08 pm

vb_master wrote:
Indigno wrote:If he's not from the US, then the drinking age may be lower.
He says his location is Florida. Also he has Cox cable, and that is an ISP from the USA.
Do i sense a stalker here :P

So Retromaster, do you like eating red or green PCBs? I really like the Red ones, but the green ones add a very nice tangy flavor.

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:40 pm

Personally, I prefer the red ones, because they're less common, and a change from the green.

When I read the topic, I was hoping for a NOAC or other small device inside a chocolately coating.
Hey, sup?

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:54 pm

Please don't bump old topics.