Show us yourself!!!

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

kasar
Re: Show us yourself!!!

Post by kasar » Sat May 22, 2010 6:51 pm

gamemasterAS wrote:
kasar wrote:You bet. You're making me embarrassed, I only have Tomato on mine. :p
nah, I also started By just installing DDWRT and installing my custom web server on port 80 of the router, and moving the configuration site to the port 81, it was for sure the smallest web server I had in my hands hehe, anyway I had to add the SD mod cause the space inside the flash of the router was quite small for my stuff ^_^

about the other mods of the router, my task is turn the router into something like this:

http://www.jbprojects.net/projects/wifirobot/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I already made everything, and it works fine, it even keep my web site installed on it, so basically is a mobile movile WEB server hehehe, I just need a webcam and some batteries to hook to the system (the most expensive part :( ) anyway I'm glad my PIC16F628A custom test board worked fine and with my custom hardware addons on it, the honk is also integrated into that board unlike the creator of the wifibot site who added a extra board just for the honk, it also got quite small compared with the size of the board showned at wifirobot site, finally some good news hehe ^^, I may post some pics of my project when it get finished , my goal is install a LAN camera with microphone and speaker integrated to be able to talk with the people by using the car on large distances :D, getting a cool camera with thermal sensors would also be nice for this project, anyway my eternal enemy: the money, it beats me again :(

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king

Post by HotDog-Cart » Sun May 23, 2010 10:37 am

Nice pic gamemasterAS. Its almost good as my QuadCore thats hooked up to my 32 inch ;).

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face

Post by gamemasterAS » Sun May 23, 2010 6:28 pm

HotDog-Cart wrote:Nice pic gamemasterAS. Its almost good as my QuadCore thats hooked up to my 32 inch ;).
But I have 5 delicious feet of horizontal screen space.
Last edited by gamemasterAS on Sun May 23, 2010 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

metalcookie

Post by metalcookie » Sun May 23, 2010 9:18 pm

Here's a rough pic of me that my friend got bored and drew during French

This was drawn around 8 months ago. I forgot why there are shapes on it...

So many people think I'm a girl :oops:
Citizen Kane

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Sun May 23, 2010 11:38 pm

gamemasterAS wrote:
HotDog-Cart wrote:Nice pic gamemasterAS. Its almost good as my QuadCore thats hooked up to my 32 inch ;).
How many combined pixels are all the screens?

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face

Post by gamemasterAS » Mon May 24, 2010 1:52 pm

vskid wrote:
gamemasterAS wrote:
How many combined pixels are all the screens?

smitty

Post by smitty » Wed May 26, 2010 7:53 pm

GameMaster, you have no idea how much I want your setup. Except the Xbox and DS Lite, I already have a DS and I hate Microsoft. I also Tomato on my router, but my dad has it next to a filing cabinet and in front of a brick wall, so wireless connections from downstairs are pretty crappy. It's also pretty bad here in my room. We seriously need to move that router.
Mario wrote:Yes, I've gone to my local Wal-Mart and was amazed at their selection of resistors, inductors, and FPGA chips. :roll:

jdmlight
Steam ID:jdmlight

Post by jdmlight » Wed May 26, 2010 7:57 pm

smitty wrote:GameMaster, you have no idea how much I want your setup. Except the Xbox and DS Lite, I already have a DS and I hate Microsoft. I also Tomato on my router, but my dad has it next to a filing cabinet and in front of a brick wall, so wireless connections from downstairs are pretty crappy. It's also pretty bad here in my room. We seriously need to move that router.
Real geeks help their dads run gigabit ethernet to every room in the house. :wink: :lol:
--John (and please call me John, it's really weird to be called by my username)
Fight MS Paint abominations! If you don't have a camera, go here, and pick something 3 megapixels or higher.

smitty

Post by smitty » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:45 pm

jdmlight wrote:
smitty wrote:GameMaster, you have no idea how much I want your setup. Except the Xbox and DS Lite, I already have a DS and I hate Microsoft. I also Tomato on my router, but my dad has it next to a filing cabinet and in front of a brick wall, so wireless connections from downstairs are pretty crappy. It's also pretty bad here in my room. We seriously need to move that router.
Real geeks help their dads run gigabit ethernet to every room in the house. :wink: :lol:
My brothers did that with the computers in their rooms, but we can't really do that from the 2nd floor to the 1st floor... Of course, if you happen to know how, I'd be happy to listen. :)
Mario wrote:Yes, I've gone to my local Wal-Mart and was amazed at their selection of resistors, inductors, and FPGA chips. :roll:

Rekarp
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username:Lnghrn_
Steam ID:rekarp

Post by Rekarp » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:00 pm

smitty wrote:
jdmlight wrote:
My brothers did that with the computers in their rooms, but we can't really do that from the 2nd floor to the 1st floor... Of course, if you happen to know how, I'd be happy to listen. :)
If your house has AC then you can run it into the intake to traverse the two floors. That is what we did at my parents.
The wood master

"I was under the impression Mac owners don't actually USE their machines, they just parade them around trying to evangelize the masses."

jdmlight
Steam ID:jdmlight

Post by jdmlight » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:36 pm

Rekarp wrote:
smitty wrote:
jdmlight wrote:
If your house has AC then you can run it into the intake to traverse the two floors. That is what we did at my parents.
Another trick is find where your cable (the coax for your TV) runs from the first floor to the second floor, then stuff an ethernet cable through there. That's what we did.

I did what Parker's talking about in my uncle's house when wiring his surround sound. Shoving wires through ducts is a great idea.
--John (and please call me John, it's really weird to be called by my username)
Fight MS Paint abominations! If you don't have a camera, go here, and pick something 3 megapixels or higher.

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:16 pm

We stapled the cords to the bottom of the floor joists, then stuffed the end up though the gap between the furnace vent hole and the vent itself. This setup has worked for phone and a run of Cat-6. :lol:

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king

Post by HotDog-Cart » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:22 pm

Heres me doing a parkour move called a "flagpole". I;m making a funny face, as the photographer was trying to make me laugh to screw me up.

This is from like not too long ago. ahah.

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:18 pm

lifeisbetterwithketchup
Steam ID:lifeisbetterwithketchup

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:27 pm

Look at that classy mofo.
Rekarp wrote:
mako321 wrote:What makes you head ninja, anyways? :wink:
Cause I am Abe F#!@ing Lincoln. :mrgreen: