Halo 2 Vs. Killzone

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Dave
Halo 2 Vs. Killzone

Post by Dave » Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:23 pm

Which game do you think will truly live up to what it is being hyped up to be? Killzone has been said to be a "Halo-Killer." Halo 2 is the sequal to the best games of all time, so of course it's getting hyped. Personally I don't see how Killzone is going to touch Halo 2.

gannon

Post by gannon » Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:33 pm

Personally I don't like halo, so I guess my vote automatically goes towards killzone

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:58 pm

I havent heard that much about KillZone but from the trailers I've seen of Halo2, halos going to rock. Now all they have to do is release it on time.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

Black Six
360 GamerTag:Black 5ix

Post by Black Six » Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:19 pm

Oh, Halo 2 will be released on time, and it'll rock many people's worlds, including mine and many of my friends, as well as hurt our GPAs terribly. Killzone doesn't seem like the kind of game that would make me go out and buy a PS2, whereas Halo was, and Halo 2 is going to be better.
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long." -Anonymous
Threads Closerized: Lost Track, Whoops

Gamelver

Post by Gamelver » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:08 pm

Yeah I've heard from my a lot of my PS2 loving friends that Killzone is going to be way better, or at least as good, as Halo 2. Like Black Six said, I don't see how Killzone will be nearly as good as Halo 2 but then again I don't own a PS2 and I love Halo.....
Without games my life would have no meaning.
Well, I guess it would, but it would be a lot less fun!!!!!!!

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 10, 2004 2:20 pm

halo 2 has my vote. I have a ps2, and killzone well, it doesn't even strike a little interest in me. One of the reason Why I liked halo so much was because it a futuristic. And 2 weapons was actually a good move in terms of that game.

Killzone just looks like another modern shooter to me. Nothing new, except the storyline.

cennar

Post by cennar » Sat Jul 10, 2004 3:59 pm

yeah i dont think much people buy ps2's for the games... they buy it for the hipe, kill zone doesnt looke like its going to beat the good hipe about halo. I'm not a halo fan what so ever and i'll buy halo2 and the x-box to go with it (Not souly for that reason, a game like crimson skies comes to mind) frankly ive never been impressed with ps2 only games... they always look the the cheap versions of better games, some of witch i still did not want to play any way.

also i hate modern shtooers i realy cant tell witch games is witch any more. there all its new its compeatly the same as all the other war shooters. now you can use your favret waepons like the m16 or the ak47. and do every thing our compedters are doing, thats right even the bad AI comon to most games we've benn rehashing over and over again !QUAKE!
Last edited by cennar on Sat Jul 10, 2004 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gannon

Post by gannon » Sat Jul 10, 2004 4:04 pm

The only game that would actually ever make me either touch or buy the xbox would be steel battalion.

cennar

Post by cennar » Sat Jul 10, 2004 4:06 pm

i could not paly that game...
my room mate punched me when i tryed hes all hey i wants to play demo games you suck the cock! shma!

Fofo_notloggedin

Post by Fofo_notloggedin » Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:48 am

if you do plan on picking up Halo2, might want to consider preordering the limited edition set including the "making of" video and other interesting development goodies.
http://ebgames.com/ebx/product/243597.asp

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:20 pm

I went to gamestop to get a momory card (psone) well I preordered Halo2, the guy at the store was really honest. He mentioned the limited edition only has a special case (thats cost a whole 5 cents more) and the movie. As I can live without both I got the basic. Its like buying the special edition lord of the rings dvds are you really going to watch the extras that much?
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

Black Six
360 GamerTag:Black 5ix

Post by Black Six » Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:10 am

To me, it's more the principle of the thing. Both Peter Jackson and Bungie have worked long and hard on their respective products, but if everyone only cheaps out and buys the regular version that means that 1) they'll make less money, and 2) they probably won't do something like that in the future. Personally, I have all three LotR movies in widescreen and the first two special collector's edition boxed sets. And yes, I have watched most of the extras. There are so many, in fact, that it's hard to even watch them in a single sitting, which is an awesome feeling. So yes, I preordered the Special edition, I mean really, it's only $5 more...
My $.02
Sparkfist wrote:I went to gamestop to get a momory card (psone) well I preordered Halo2, the guy at the store was really honest. He mentioned the limited edition only has a special case (thats cost a whole 5 cents more) and the movie. As I can live without both I got the basic. Its like buying the special edition lord of the rings dvds are you really going to watch the extras that much?
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long." -Anonymous
Threads Closerized: Lost Track, Whoops