Zelda timeline

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

sam
Zelda timeline

Post by sam » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:15 pm

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/11/21/zelda ... d-the-end/

sorry if it has been posted before, enjoy. Its good.
I'm the man, if you don't think so, you're wrong.
sniper_spike wrote:That sucks, bro's before ho's anyway man.

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:10 pm

Amazing find! I'm watching the entire series right now. That video really brought up a ton of points I'd never considered, such as 2 separate Hyrules, and the Link from OoT being active in more games than just OoT and Majora's Mask. Although I've yet to beat Twilight Princess, so it could change the outcome of this...

CTFan

Turbo Tax 1.0
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:47 pm

awesome, i remember watching the first few parts and forgetting about the rest

good find
when life gives you lemons make flux
snesp mk4

ganonbanned

Post by ganonbanned » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:31 pm

Being a big zelda fan, I have seen this before. not the video, but i read ao bout this "timeline theory"

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:57 pm

ganonbanned wrote:Being a big zelda fan, I have seen this before. not the video, but i read ao bout this "timeline theory"
Well, there are actually a large number of "timeline theories". The main one paralleling the split timeline theory seen here, is the one stating that the two "paths" created in OoT ultimately merged right after those events took place, making one seemless timeline, conveniently placing WindWaker years after the other games in a completely linear pattern. The other oddball theory states that Zelda sending Link back to his childhood created some strange FF1-esque "time loop", in which all the other games take place. Kinda weird, but they're entitled to believe what they want until Nintendo proves 'em wrong, I guess! :P

CTFan

sammy

Post by sammy » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:56 am

I always thought that Link's Awakening came after the Orcale series because at the end of both the oracle games (linked end) you see Link leaving on a boat to return to his homeland.

I always assumed that was the actual boat that shipwrecked. Which follows into Link's Awakening :roll:

But the Zelda timeline is definantly amusing.

Kyosho
Portablizer

Post by Kyosho » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:55 am

That whole video series was good. But the timeline one (the one linked) was very interesting. I haven't played all the games, so watching the previous videos in that series prepared me for the sixth part. Which is probably what was intended all along. Very intriguing.

Those videos make me want to finally play Wind Waker. I hadn't, because I didn't like the cell shaded graphics (Link looks stupid, in my opinion) and the fact that it took place in a separate time/dimension/whatever. I had no idea it actually took place in the future, long after OoT. Interesting. I was thinking of picking up a cheap gamecube to play Twilight Princess when it came out for GC, but maybe I'll buy one now and play Wind Waker first. Hmm. But then I'd have to get a DS to play the Phantom Hourglass...

atari2600a

Post by atari2600a » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:39 pm

You're saying you didn't play one of the greatest zelda games (next to OoT) because of the shell-shaded graphics!?

josh

Post by josh » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:44 pm

I think it goes this way:
Ocarina Of Time
Majoras Mask
Twililight Princess
Wind Waker
Phantom Hourglass
Four Swords
A Link To The Past
Zelda 1
Zelda 2

Kyosho
Portablizer

Post by Kyosho » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:18 pm

atari2600a wrote:You're saying you didn't play one of the greatest zelda games (next to OoT) because of the shell-shaded graphics!?
Yes. I played the demo on the Zelda demo disc that came with the gamecube (the one that had OoT etc. on it). It was just...really ugly to me. I'm not a big fan of cartoons, nor comic books really. And I pretty much despise anime-style cutesy crap (Link's huge eyes...hell, everything about him). I know I'm very much in the minority when it comes to these things. But it's not like I have the ability to just change what I like and don't like.

Also, as I said, the fact that it was a different Link, etc. killed a lot of my interest as well. I realize that's a staple of the series. But, it, combined with the graphics, cutesy style, etc. all was too much for me to want to play it.