Get your PS3 now! Only $10,000 on eBay!

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

limpport
Get your PS3 now! Only $10,000 on eBay!

Post by limpport » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:38 pm

He're is something to make your jaw drop:

Link

:shock:

Edit by mod: Keep the links either short or bbcode shortened. Also, do not abuse the smilies. It's not nice
^Sorry. Thank you for changing it, though^
Last edited by limpport on Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gamer2

Post by gamer2 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:15 pm

YAY, oh........I want to eat THIS YEAR!!!

MaDnEsS
Portablizer

Post by MaDnEsS » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:13 pm

the link doesnt work :(

Lucretius

Post by Lucretius » Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:31 pm

First off, I already feel sick just considering buying the PS3 sick. I think Sony's deliberate shortage supply and creation of massive demand is the slyest and most disgusting trick in the book and I'm hoping someone sues. Besides, the goddamn thing isn't even that impressive. Hell, they hardly ever mention it plays games, which I'm still not sure it does. (Kidding, of course)

But the bigger issue is, obviously, the violence. Is the blood on Sony's hands? Yes. This unsatisfied but synthetic demand of their's is quite a sorry sight. But the retailors are just as guilty. A retailor has two options really: They can lay down the law, by which I mean rules to keep people from injuring each other and themselves, such as not allowing campers and whatnot. Or they can be jackasses. Personally, the only people I have simpathy for are gamers not in any way involved but still get branded as crazed gameing freaks like the morons making (mind you, making as in fabricating) the news. I feel sorry for us much more than the idiot that got slammed into a pole at wal-mart. If you're moronic enough to get involved in that, you need to get some sense pounded into you. Like any riot or fight, the best option is to get the hell out and not look back. I just hope people learned their lesson...

Wait a few months. Two. In January, they'll be openly (and safely) available and not for $100,000,000.
-Luke

Indigno

Post by Indigno » Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:46 pm

I'm sorry, but the chair thing is just pure gold. That would totally be worth getting fired.
Getting a tan while everyone else is in a blizzard... >.<

Lucretius

Post by Lucretius » Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:51 pm

Fired? Or fired and jailed? I'm thinking the latter. And it's a poor show of your intelligence and maturity that you think that was "funny" or "clever." More like destrucive and abusive. Plus criminal.
-Luke

teraflop122

Post by teraflop122 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:18 am

There was nothing specifically criminal about his method of choosing campers, though it wasn't the greatest of ideas. A random drawing would have been just fine, or he could have simply told all but the first ten in line to go home.

I don't know, Luc. I just don't see any malicious intent here, whether from individuals or megacorporations.

JAY

Post by JAY » Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:11 am

I saw that incident on the news (I'm in Milwaukee), but it said that the kid that ran into the pole was pushed into it by someone else. Either way, that was an extremely stupid thing for that Wal-mart to do. It had trouble written all over it before it even began.

Sony should have waited until March to release the system. Depite the holidays, I don't think that it would have really mattered: sell 500K now and a million later vs. selling 1.5 million later, it'll come out the same in the end. Having the systems being resold at insane prices doesn't earn Sony any more money. Sure, it may increase the hype, but did it even need any more hype in the first place? It probably still would have sold out if Sony had 5 million units available at launch day.

Having 200K at launch in North America isn't even a launch. It's just a dirty way for people to try to callously make a profit off of those who might actually want to play the system. I'm sure some of the people who bought the system are just using it as some form of ego trip: "Yeah, that's right, I got a PS3, nyah nyah". Unless console gaming has a big turn-around with the future consoles, I might give it up altogether and just stick with my PC instead. You don't have to worry about riots when the next big graphics card comes out.

Joes2Silly

Post by Joes2Silly » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:54 am

If I worked at walmart I would have done that, then laughed my but off at all the idiodic boobs that were waiting in line for a PS3 :wink:

official xbox fiend

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:40 am

I already made the comment earlier this year that "If I wanted a PS3 how much blood woudl I have to sell?", now it's "How many organs can I sell on the black market?"

I'm sure the PS3 is going to be a great system, but right now why, really why would you by it. It's library sucks and really what games are offered, hell at the moment the only thing the PS3 could really be good for is a $500 BlueRay movie player.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

cowsgoquack101
Steam ID:cowsgoquack101

Post by cowsgoquack101 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:25 pm

Sparkfist wrote:I already made the comment earlier this year that "If I wanted a PS3 how much blood woudl I have to sell?", now it's "How many organs can I sell on the black market?"

I'm sure the PS3 is going to be a great system, but right now why, really why would you by it. It's library sucks and really what games are offered, hell at the moment the only thing the PS3 could really be good for is a $500 BlueRay movie player.
Well, yeah and Resistance: Fall of man. That game looks incredible. Too bad I'd have to chuck out $1300 for a nice TV to watch it on. Not to mention the cost of a PS3 with game.

Kenny_McCormic

Post by Kenny_McCormic » Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:28 pm

dont forget call of duty 3

Gamelver

Post by Gamelver » Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:01 pm

Which is also on Xbox 360, of course :P
Without games my life would have no meaning.
Well, I guess it would, but it would be a lot less fun!!!!!!!