New spiderman 3 trailer

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Aquador
New spiderman 3 trailer

Post by Aquador » Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:03 pm

http://www.ifilm.com/presents/spiderman3

Shows a lot more of the film.

benheck
Site Admin

Post by benheck » Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:27 pm

Cool trailer! This is also the most expensive film ever, if I'm not mistaken (probably even more than Titanic inflation adjusted)

Sony is REALLY betting the farm on anything involving a "3" ;)

-Ben

demonofaj
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username:ajsen1gma
Steam ID:demonofaj

Post by demonofaj » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:24 pm

Forget camping out for Wii, THIS IS THE BOMB! Man, May is gonna be great, this, my senior trip...and then the state exams :P . Somethings though...where's Venom and Gwen Stacy? I saw much of them prior to this trailer...but poof? I guess they adapted a new story (which I like). I like the no Gwen Stacy part, but...no Venom?
"Life's a female of the dog species, then you die.."

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:35 pm

Well I don't think they ever intended to put Venom in this one, just the symbiote suit; I think they'll probably have Brock and Venom in Spidey 4. The REAL question is, is Carnage ever gonna make a debut? He was the best Spider-Man villan of all time, after all! :wink:

CTFan

gamecube6

Post by gamecube6 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:43 pm

CronoTriggerfan wrote: The REAL question is, is Carnage ever gonna make a debut? He was the best Spider-Man villan of all time, after all! :wink:

CTFan
I couldn't agree more. CARNAGE RULEZ!!!11!!1

EDIT: the section where the symbiote (sp?) invades the suit is really creepy...

Aquador

Post by Aquador » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:57 pm

Venom is still going to be in this film...

Peter Parker basks in the spotlight with his public success as his superhero alter ego, Spider-Man. Mary Jane Watson and Gwen Stacy pursue Parker for his affections, and Parker begins to grow overconfident, neglecting those who care for him.[3] When the police tell Parker and his aunt that new evidence shows Sandman as being responsible for killing Uncle Ben, Parker goes after the alleged perpetrator personally.[4] As Spider-Man, he battles Sandman and his former friend Harry Osborn.[5] During this time, an unusual symbiote bonds with Peter's costume, influencing his behavior for the worse. As a result, Spider-Man has to fight the villain within, until he finally tears the symbiote from his body.[6] After parting from Spider-Man, the symbiote finds a new host in Eddie Brock, Junior, and the resulting merger creates Venom.[7]

JAY

Post by JAY » Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:33 pm

I'm getting pretty tired of Marvel completely screwing up the original stories of their super heroes. Anouncing that Sandman is the actual killer of Ben Parker in this movie completely undermines Peter Parker's transformation into a super hero. Now his uncle's death is something that he might not have been able to stop anyway, rather than it being his own fault for not choosing to do the right thing and stoping the burglar when he had the chance.

The black costume in the movie looks like total junk. Not only that, but they treat the symbiote like it only bonded with his suit, i.e., he is able to take it off and he wears it under his clothes. The whole point of the symbiote is to bond with and slowly take control of the host; it wouldn't allow itself to be removed without force (like at the end of the trailer). The symbiote is also supposed to be able to form Peter's clothes, so wearing the suit under anything is redundant. Why couldn't they just keep the original design intact?

Eddie Brock is supposed to be about 6'3" and 280 lbs. Topher Grace may be a decent actor, but he simply isn't cut to play the role. I'm almost afraid to see how scrawny Venom will turn out to be because of this.

Most people aren't familiar with the real Spider-Man storyline anyway (I was really surprised at how many people in the theatre cheered when, after letting the robber escape, Peter says to the wrestling manager "I missed the part where that's my problem;" boy, were they in for a rude awakening), so why make all of these stupid changes that will just piss off other Marvel fans? I don't mean that it has to be page-for-page identical to the comics, but they shouldn't make fundamental changes to the story (imagine them calling Spider-Man Ben Riley from the get go).

Darth Fett
Location:On my giant space station. Firing on earth in 3...2...1...

Post by Darth Fett » Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:02 am

After how the first two Spiderman movies turned out, I don't have any intrest in seeing this one.And Sandman killing Uncle Ben?Nonsense! :x
Laugh and the world laughs with you; It's inhabitants are an entirely different story.

limpport

Post by limpport » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:04 pm

Enter Sandman? :lol:

May 4th is so long away, though. No wonder there was so much spent on making it. Gah.....must.....watch.......again!!!!
JAY wrote: The black costume in the movie looks like total junk. Not only that, but they treat the symbiote like it only bonded with his suit, i.e., he is able to take it off and he wears it under his clothes. The whole point of the symbiote is to bond with and slowly take control of the host; it wouldn't allow itself to be removed without force (like at the end of the trailer).
Perhaps they're treating the black suit like an addiction, so he can take it off, but still wants it on.

Just realised something:

May 4th is my brothers birthday

Lost starts up on my birthday

Weird...

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:11 pm

JAY wrote: The black costume in the movie looks like total junk. Not only that, but they treat the symbiote like it only bonded with his suit, i.e., he is able to take it off and he wears it under his clothes. The whole point of the symbiote is to bond with and slowly take control of the host; it wouldn't allow itself to be removed without force (like at the end of the trailer). The symbiote is also supposed to be able to form Peter's clothes, so wearing the suit under anything is redundant. Why couldn't they just keep the original design intact?
Call me if I'm wrong, but I thought the symbiote fused with the suit initially and then later on became a part of Peter, seeing as he could then change his clothes/appearance as it slowly started to become a part of him. I never dilligently read the comics, but I remember that's how the cartoon series described it, all those years ago...

:lol:

CTFan

JAY

Post by JAY » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:33 pm

CronoTriggerfan wrote:Call me if I'm wrong, but I thought the symbiote fused with the suit initially and then later on became a part of Peter, seeing as he could then change his clothes/appearance as it slowly started to become a part of him. I never dilligently read the comics, but I remember that's how the cartoon series described it, all those years ago...
Yeah, the animated series was pretty off in regards to the origin of the black costume as well. Here's a brief synopsis of how he obtains the symbiote.

I obviously understand that they couldn't go through the Secret Wars saga just to introduce the symbiote in the movie, but they still didn't have to change the way the symbiote is supposed to function.

jedi knight

Post by jedi knight » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:53 pm

Well they mess with the story so not only "nerds" will understand it. I still think that is total crap.
Meh, I don't post much.