well pretty soon im going to be buying a...

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

MESAJARJARBINKS
Location:where did i get the name "eclipse" ah well doesnt matter...
well pretty soon im going to be buying a...

Post by MESAJARJARBINKS » Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:32 pm

Psp. Have A ds. And never really wanted a PSP
but some things made me wnat it

Medal of honor Heroes looks awsome
Elder scrolls oblivion ...loved it for 360 no matter how diffrent i will still love it for a hand held
Sonic rivals
Family guy UMD movies (Finaly something to do on those long bus rides)
South park UMD movie (South park umd.20$. PSP.200$ watching kenny die on a bus ride? priceless)
lumines...yea its a older psp game but if its half as good as Meteos it will/is awsome.

Also my sister is getting one for christmas from...santa...
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
i plan on getting the Entertainment pack

==========================================
what are some good games i should also get?
i like all the genres (but pet simulation type games and party games tend to be my least favorites) so does anyone have any recomendations?
also how is the online features?
Steve irwin-died of stingray (WTH?)
R.I.P.

vb_master

Post by vb_master » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:32 am

Try to get a value pack PSP, because the chances of getting a TA-082 mobo are low. Once you get the PSP (if you don't have a TA-082) you can downgrade it to 1.50 and play homebrew games, which are much better than the UMDs.

Xiro

Post by Xiro » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:15 am

vb, as long as he has 2.71 he can play pretty much any homebrew. The new tiff loader has access to kernal, and to my knowledge the only game that doesnt run well is super mini mario (and its many mods)
sam fisher wrote:Are you implying that you, the SnesP shuriken throwing ninja, are a programmer?

steeler12

Post by steeler12 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:57 am

the coolest homebrew are the Snes emulator and the NES emulator, and all the Sega emulators (except dreamcast) and the N64 which is coming along well

Ari

Post by Ari » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:15 pm

Actually, super mini mario does work on 2.71. You just need to mess around with the folders a bit. The eboot goes in the SMM folder in GAME, and the data goes in the SMM folder in GAME150. Or you can just devhook into 1.5.

But some of the new PSPs 2.81 already on them (link). And that's old-ish news. Chances of getting a 2.80+ are pretty high if you don't buy a used one. That's actually how I got a 2.71, I traded in my psp that I had upgraded to 2.8 for it.

Though MESAJARJARBINKS seems pretty interested in some upcoming games, which will probably require 3.xx. Maybe that'll be devhooked, maybe not.

But some UMD games I would reccomend are:
-Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth
-Grand Theft Auto: LCS (and soon-to-be VCS)
-Ridge Racer
-Lumines
-Splinter Cell
-Syphon Filter
-Daxter

And as far as homebrew goes, there are several sites that go into detail about that.
www.noobz.eu (downgraders/eloader)
www.psp-news.dcemu.co.uk (general news)
www.psp3d.com (general news)
www.dark-alex.org (downgraders and 2.71 SE-A, along with all of Dark_Alex's other projects)

But those are just a few. There are a lot more. And some specific programs I would reccomend are:
Duke Nukem 3D port
Super Mario War
PiMPstreamer (streams audio/video files from PC)

And I'm too lazy to post any more links to stuff. Hope that's of some help.
Optomists say that the glass is half full.
Pessimist say that it's half empty.
Engineers say that it's twice as big as it needs to be.

vb_master

Post by vb_master » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:55 pm

I personally use 2.71 SE-A, and IMO the 2.71 TIFF loader is REALLY inconvenient, as the TIFF is really unstable, unless you take a chance and use 0okm's HEN C autoloader.

1.50 and 2.71 SE-A (and soon SE-B with DAX and CSO ISO loading [like Epsilon!]) are the golden firmwares!