How Long Before a Wii Lawsuit Hits?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator: Moderators

How Long After Nov 19th before there's a Wii lawsuit?

Poll ended at Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:44 pm

1-3 days
3%
A week
10%
2 weeks
10%
By the end of the year
48%
NEVER!
30%

Total votes: 63

typamc95

Post by typamc95 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:09 pm

Ok......
Ben, have you played zelda, or did you give 2 looks, a nudge to the controller, and call it bad?

Also:
Nintedo rep : Read the disclaimers B****!
Skyone wrote:
typamc95 wrote:There called Roto-disc.
http://www.mariowiki.com/Roto-Disc
Game, set, match!

jones
Compound Intelligence
PSN Username: jarjarisgod

Post by jones » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:14 pm

typamc95 wrote:Ok......
Ben, have you played zelda, or did you give 2 looks, a nudge to the controller, and call it bad?

Also:
Nintedo rep : Read the disclaimers B****!
Ben and I played Zelda for a little over 2 hours altogether, so I think you could consider that a little more than 2 looks and a nudge to the controller. :)

For my money, if a game can't hook me in about 30 minutes then it probably isn't worth my time. The fact that I give this one 2 hours shows that I was trying to give it as much of a chance as possible. A Link to the Past this game is not. Now that was a Zelda game!

typamc95

Post by typamc95 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:19 pm

No, OoT was a zelda game
Skyone wrote:
typamc95 wrote:There called Roto-disc.
http://www.mariowiki.com/Roto-Disc
Game, set, match!

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:50 pm

typamc95 wrote:No, OoT was a zelda game
Then Zelda games sucks. :?

I agree, the 2D games were the bomb, however, I've been playing Zelda (Twilight Princess) for about 10 hours, now. I must admit, the first few hours (that's WITH the Forest Temple) are boring. I know what you mean Jones, it just starts out a bit slow.

Metroid fan

Post by Metroid fan » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:52 pm

jones wrote:
I doubt anyone here has (or would admit to it if they had), but I think that anyone who has played this system can honestly say that they can see how someone could break something playing it.
My friend smacked his brother in the face and he had to get stitches :P

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:31 pm

I put a cpoule sheets of acrylic over my plasma to keep flying wiimotes from breaking. I never really made one fly.

Wii fo life! untill Wii2
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

gamer2

Post by gamer2 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:43 pm

jones
Compound Intelligence

Post by jones » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:34 am

Skyone wrote:
typamc95 wrote:No, OoT was a zelda game
Then Zelda games sucks. :?
Couldn't agree more. Ocarina of Time is a shining example of a game that failed the 30 minute test. I even tried playing it again last weekend and just had no interest in it whatsoever. Twilight Princess reminded me of it a lot, just with better graphics.
Skyone wrote:I agree, the 2D games were the bomb, however, I've been playing Zelda (Twilight Princess) for about 10 hours, now. I must admit, the first few hours (that's WITH the Forest Temple) are boring. I know what you mean Jones, it just starts out a bit slow.
Yeah, I just couldn't get into it. I'm glad you and others are enjoying it though. :) I never was much of a Zelda fan. Other than A Link to the Past (which I love) I never really got much out of any of them. Not even the original did much for me.

If they ever make another 2D one (probably when Hell freezes over) I would definitely be game!

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:21 am

That's how I feel, Jones. I went back a few months ago to try to get into Zelda like all my other friends, but it bored me out of my mind, and I went on to play Guitar Hero. :P

Twilight has the essence of Ocarina of Time, but there's something about it that I like more. It might be the style, or it might be the new features like wolf form.

They probably wont end up making some more 2D ones, seeing as the closest is going to me Phantom Hourglass, which is 3D.

Anyways, we don't want to get too off topic, now, eh? ;)

jones
Compound Intelligence

Post by jones » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:41 am

Skyone wrote:That's how I feel, Jones. I went back a few months ago to try to get into Zelda like all my other friends, but it bored me out of my mind, and I went on to play Guitar Hero. :P

Twilight has the essence of Ocarina of Time, but there's something about it that I like more. It might be the style, or it might be the new features like wolf form.

They probably wont end up making some more 2D ones, seeing as the closest is going to me Phantom Hourglass, which is 3D.
Not to continue to get off subject even more, but since you mentioned it... :oops: How is Guitar Hero? Every time I go to Best Buy there are 2 people at the kiosk playing it and it looks like it could interesting. I heard rumors that they may make a version for the 360.

Since you didn't like the other 3D Zeldas (much like me), but enjoy this one perhaps I too would enjoy it if I gave a bit more of my time. Maybe someday a ways down the road. I did enjoy the goat wrangling though. GOAT IN!!! :lol:
Skyone wrote:Anyways, we don't want to get too off topic, now, eh? ;)
Ummm... Yeah... Oops... :oops: I have to admit that I never thought about people throwing Wii Remotes through TV's, but now that it has happened and I've played one I guess it makes sense. As Ben mentioned while I was bowling, I was swinging the thing pretty hard. :lol: Getting into it and making a fool of yourself is a good part of the fun though! :D

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:10 pm

Well, Guitar Hero (1) was really great, it had a horrible multiplayer though. After playing Guitar Hero 2 with my brother, it had an amazing multiplayer, I love it!

Out of curiosity, where did you play Twilight Princess? If you have access to it, try a part of the game with more action, it should be more enjoyable.

Just to get back on topic: Engadget Link

Eesh, I can definitely see them getting sued for that reason.

EDIT: Turns out he just stepped to close to his cousin while she was playing Baseball, got smacked in the face. :P

However, if the strap did break in that, Nintendo would be screwed. ;)

Klefmung

Post by Klefmung » Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:11 pm

Klefmung wrote:I see "lolnintendorippedmeoff" as a more common theme. So many people could claim this technology as their own, it isn't even funny. Like a man chained down and someone with a gun.
gamer2 wrote:http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/750/750001p1.html

A company is sueing nintendo
Call'd
gannon wrote:hmm... *ponders about power abuse* :P
benheck wrote:Wow, guess I should have searched my own forums! Oh wait, I don't have to since the rules don't apply to me ;)

MaDnEsS
Portablizer

Post by MaDnEsS » Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:52 pm

there have already been a few cases of people throwing their remote through their tv, yesterday i was playing red steel and when i was perrying with the sword i through my nun chuck across the room and it dented my wall :cry:

NiN^_^NiN

Post by NiN^_^NiN » Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:24 pm

gamer2 wrote:http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/750/750001p1.html

A company is sueing nintendo
Besides them both being remote like and having batteries in the bottom of the unit with a trigger thats the only things that are the same.

Both use different technology on how it communicates both are remote like devices but you can't use that as a basis

The trigger is from previous nintendo technology (n64) altho i dont think that was a patent.

Nintendo hasn't done anything wrong at all i believe they filled for patents way before the 2005 patent that this company has.

Hell nintendo should sue them for payback :P