Death

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

cowsgoquack101
Steam ID:cowsgoquack101
Death

Post by cowsgoquack101 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:42 pm

Well yesterday, a girl at my school was in a freak death accident. She and a friend were coming back from a church youth group meeting and she was speeding on a gravel road. They hit an electricty line and got out of the car. The girl stepped on a power line and died quickly, the boy did as well but he might have to have his leg cut off.

Now everyone was mourning and quiet today at school. Now I've never met the girl, but the boy is in my Spanish 1 class. The wierd thing is I don't feel sorry about her dying. I mean it's tragic and all but I'm not saddened by her death. Nor do I care to be honest.

I need to know, am I a cold hearted piece of fecal matter, or just look at life in a whole. I mean death is part of life.

Metroid fan

Post by Metroid fan » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:45 pm

You are a mix of both one of the girls I used to know in my school died too but I didn't cry over it or anything... But I did feel slight remorse about it.

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:49 pm

One girls house actually exploded at our skool...boy, that was weird.

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:55 pm

Well, you didn't know her, so you shouldn't be expected to be crying all over. As long as you're not happy about it, I'd say you're normal. When I was in 4th grade a 6th grader killed himself. I thought it must have been hard for his family, but I didn't really feel anything.

toby dawg
Portablizer

Post by toby dawg » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:58 pm

she exploded!!!!!!! :shock:

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:25 pm

Oh, i have another. One kid killed him self with a knife after seeing his report card....he got his first C. What si worng with people :shock:

vb_master

Post by vb_master » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:28 pm

Harshboy wrote:he got his first C. What si worng with people :shock:
Some parents only accept A's and B's.

daguuy
Portablizer

Post by daguuy » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:29 pm

death is very common, i'm not affected by people dieing if they aren't friends with me. somebody in my class 2 years ago committed suicide. it's not good but i just don't really care. killing yourself over a grade is just stupid
ImageImage

minkster

Post by minkster » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:31 pm

Eh, this thread is kind of bloggish, but in all honesty no your not a cold hearted person. Death is a way of life and if we mourned for every person that you heard died, then you would be mourning every day.
Minktendo-Dead
Next portable: who knows ;)

gamer2

Post by gamer2 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:40 pm

Thats normal, you didnt know the girl, and could careless. The problem is i would be inconsolable couse im epmathetic. I feel other peoples emotions when im around people. Crying is a contagous disease for me.

Motoman

Post by Motoman » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:45 pm

gamer2 wrote:Crying is a contagous disease for me.
*Starts Crying!* WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHA!!! WAHHHH :cry: :cry: :cry: *Stops crying*

*snickers* hehehehe hahaha!! :P *stops snickering*............

Yea anyway you should feel bad about a death but if you really didnt know the person or talk/hang out with them you really have nothing to be sad over. Just try to help other people (friends pals, n gals) mourn and try to cheer them up thats the most you can offer right now.
Last edited by Motoman on Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Living After Midnight"

Indigno

Post by Indigno » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:46 pm

Harshboy wrote:Oh, i have another. One kid killed him self with a knife after seeing his report card....he got his first C. What si worng with people :shock:
I heard about that... It was funny at the time because I had just got like 4 C's on my report card the same day... Not the him dieing part but the whole thing about how I wasn't all beat up over it (My parents were all mad) and he went all emo.

Me, personally, don't get depressed about people I don't know dieing. I mean, I don't want them dead, and I am sad that someone dies, but I don't know them, and sh*t happens... People die. Of course, if it's someone I know, then I'll be sad. It's normal not to care about people you don't know, as long as you're not happy about it.
Getting a tan while everyone else is in a blizzard... >.<

Turbo Tax 1.0
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:18 pm

4 kids in last years senior class died at our school. 3 of them in car accidents and one commited suicide while on some weird drug that was technically legal :(

i never really knew these peopple and i guess you could say i felt the same way as Indigno just because i had absolutely no clue who they were
when life gives you lemons make flux
snesp mk4

csurban
Portablizer

Post by csurban » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:18 pm

I was wondering the same thing when this girl I knew from school died from cancer. She treated most everyone like crap including me. Then one of my teachers got mad when I flat out refused to donate money to her family. The point is, don't let other people dictate how you should feel. Its not bad to not feel remorse for someone you did not know... (or hated).
nope... can't think of anything I could possibly want to put in my Signature Block...

Lucretius

Post by Lucretius » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:29 pm

I'm sure I'm going to sound "weak" when I say this, I'll bet, but death in any context hurts me. I value human life, any human life, above all else. Mine, your's, his, hers, their's. Everyone's. To me, it's the most precious gift any of us can behold. I can't understand why people wouldn't be hurt when somebody dies. What on this earth is possibly more important than human life? I really bristle at people who take death lightly.

In the same breath, though, I'm a quick mourner, but for the same reason as above. While I'm sad to know a human life was extinguished, it was and is no more and that's just the way things are. I tend to mourn quickly and get back to my life, and caring about lives in medias res. I'm a softy that way.

I care about you guys, too. So don't go dying on me, alright?

(And, if I can ever convince Ben, we'll talk about religion intrinsicle tie with death. Someday...)
-Luke