9/11, 5 years past

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

gamer2
9/11, 5 years past

Post by gamer2 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:40 pm

5 years ago, 9/11 happend.

Tell your stories on where you were on that eventfull day.

Discuss.

Klefmung

Post by Klefmung » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:42 pm

I was in fourth grade. so I was 9. Yea, tiny. The teachers were all crying and mourning, and they weren't allowed to tell us why. I didn't find out until I watched the news on my own. On 9/11/91, my grandfather died as well. It is also the Anniversery of my old forum that lasted past a year, then died.
gannon wrote:hmm... *ponders about power abuse* :P
benheck wrote:Wow, guess I should have searched my own forums! Oh wait, I don't have to since the rules don't apply to me ;)

Bay_Wolf

Post by Bay_Wolf » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:45 pm

I was at school in 5th grade and my teacher told us and said they could hit other places and I said "O no my cats at home" and she said something to the effect of "Forget about that stupid cat" :lol: . And the strange thing is that most schools got to watch the coverage of it but we didn't then when the new pope was named we watched it even though we are Lutherans. Strange huh?

Regards

gamer2

Post by gamer2 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:47 pm

I was in 7th grade, in My keyboarding class during the 1st plane, and in Gym during the second planes crash. Just as soon as Gym ended, there was an announcement that they were sending us home early.

The wierd thing was, it was Homecomming. The dress up days theme was Injury Day, where you dress up like your hurt. :?

Turbo Tax 1.0
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:50 pm

Bay_Wolf wrote:I was at school in 5th grade and my teacher told us and said they could hit other places and I said "O no my cats at home" and she said something to the effect of "Forget about that stupid cat" :lol: . And the strange thing is that most schools got to watch the coverage of it but we didn't then when the new pope was named we watched it even though we are Lutherans. Strange huh?

Regards
i was in 5th grade also, all they told us was "you get to go home early today" we kept asking why but no teacher would tell us i went home and found out and didnt really understand what was going on or why it was happening.
when life gives you lemons make flux
snesp mk4

Darth Fett
Location:On my giant space station. Firing on earth in 3...2...1...

Post by Darth Fett » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:59 pm

I was in fourth grade(I think.I've got a bad memory) and everyone was crying and nobody would tell me what the World Trade Center was.I was in a school that some parents got together and made, so me and my ten or so schoolmates went and watched the news instead of the usual afternoon classes.*bows head* :cry:
Laugh and the world laughs with you; It's inhabitants are an entirely different story.

cowsgoquack101
Steam ID:cowsgoquack101

Post by cowsgoquack101 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:02 pm

I was in 5th grade when it happened, I never heard/saw anyone crying or talking about it. I did my daily thing and left. I didn't find out until my parents told me at 4:00 when I got off of the bus. :?

xelion

Post by xelion » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:10 pm

Well, when I woke up it my dad had it on the tv playing, I asked him what happened and he told me that a plane crashed into the World Trade Center, me being young thought it was the Trade Center we have downtown, I just said 'well it was a good thing they didn't have a convention going on'

It wasn't until I got to school that I realized what the World Trade Center was and just what had happened. We watched a little bit on tv in the morning, then just went about our day. Everyone else was pretty sad, and I just didn't care, lol.

Metroid fan

Post by Metroid fan » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:12 pm

I was in fifth standing outside the school building and then some kid told me that the world trade centers were hit by a plane and I just shrugged... Then when we watched the news the rest of the day I finally understood what he was talking about and I felt horrible about that shrug.

NES_fanatic

Post by NES_fanatic » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:16 pm

I was in 6th grade, and the school day just started. Everyone was saying "The news says a plane hit a skyscraper!" When I got home I saw the whole thing. I still have a VHS of the original news coverage.

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:20 pm

My mom got me out of school early and told me that something aweful had happened. I thought my dad was dead, or my house was burglared. It turned out much worse. I had lost my uncle......

EDIT: There is NOTHING to laugh about. This is serious.

EDIT 2: I am using daguuy's psychic powers, and can see this topic won't last long.

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Puff0rx

Post by Puff0rx » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:22 am

I woke up to the television on (I live in Crikeyland, so it was early Sept 12th) which never happens in our household, and was told that a building had been hit by a plane. I didn't really realise how big a deal it was until I saw how large the WTC was... and heard an estimate of how many people died/were injured.

Aquador

Post by Aquador » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:33 am

I was in 4th grade and my parents woke me up early and showed it to me and told me all about it. But otherwise it was a normal school day.

scherzo

Post by scherzo » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:21 am

Wow. You guys are young.

Let's see. I had just woke up to start getting ready for work. I was 23 then, living with my dad (I'm married with and have a daughter now, yikes). My dad said that a plane had crashed into the WTC. He said it reminded him of how a plane slammed into the Empire State Building on a cloudy day many years ago. Then he left.

I sat watching the coverage while slowly trying to get ready for work. Then the second plane hit while I watched live. Needless to say I didn't go to work. There was talk on the local news that the Sears Tower here in Chicago might be a target. I just watched the TV all day.

demonofaj
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username:ajsen1gma
Steam ID:demonofaj

Post by demonofaj » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:10 pm

:( New York City's worst day...ever. :cry:
Well, I was in the fourth grade, and my school was just outside of downtown, smack dab in the midtown/downtown border. School just started. I think it was about the end of 1st period. Then, a faint boom can be heard. That's how loud/strong the impact was when the plane hit. We disregarded it. Then about thirty minutes later, news hit that the WTC has been hit, then a short time later, second plane. I was picked up early and we went to see WTF was going on. We were pretty far away, but at 9:41 if I can remember, the second tower fell. That dust ball that rose was just a particle form of Katrina. Horrible. Noone could use the subway system, and we all had to walk home through the Brooklyn Bridge, then as soon as we get on the walkway, like ten minutes later, the radio says the first tower fell. 2,479 people died on this day...and Lower Manhattan is a phantom of the economical success it once was. But we regrow. What they destroy only makes us more powerful.

A moment of silence (though it is one day late...memorial attendance yesterday) :cry:
"Life's a female of the dog species, then you die.."