Lets say i wanted to ...

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

MESAJARJARBINKS
Location:where did i get the name "eclipse" ah well doesnt matter...
Lets say i wanted to ...

Post by MESAJARJARBINKS » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:08 pm

search my house for a possible ghost...

Before i continue heres why.

When i was young i used to sleep in what is now my moms room.
I said that "i heard voices coming from my closet..."
My sister later took that room and she said the same thing
One night my mom was sleeping and she suddenly bolt awake just as my sister opened up the door and walked outside (she was 3 at the time)
and another time i was sad because my dog that i had had since i was like 4 months old died...shortly after i felt something warm and furry brush by.
And the newest one... our cat Bevin died and i was shutting off the lights when i saw a cat that looked EXACTLY like bevin jump onto the countertop (he used to do that) and then on top of the fridge.it looked at me and made a silent Meow and dissapered. the next morning one of my pet Rats was dead at the cage.

So i want to find out if i can find the ghost of my dog Anna (who may have been too attached to the fammily to move on) same with Bevin
or the thing that i and my sister (and my mom) used to hear. Although that hasnt happened since my mom Put her aunt (or was it great aunts) bed and cabinet in the room...

i have a digital camera, i can use my old R2-D2 robot and Old Jengo Fett robots motion detectors and a video camera for sound...
Steve irwin-died of stingray (WTH?)
R.I.P.

Darth Fett
Location:On my giant space station. Firing on earth in 3...2...1...

Post by Darth Fett » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:15 pm

I wish you great luck. 8) Let us know if you find anything. :)
Laugh and the world laughs with you; It's inhabitants are an entirely different story.

MESAJARJARBINKS
Location:where did i get the name "eclipse" ah well doesnt matter...

Post by MESAJARJARBINKS » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:16 pm

Darth Fett wrote:I wish you great luck. 8) Let us know if you find anything. :)
any pictures i have i WILL upload...any intresting ones anyway...
Steve irwin-died of stingray (WTH?)
R.I.P.

sam fisher

Post by sam fisher » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:19 pm

Well, you won't find anything. They don't exist.

I mean if ghosts have the properties they are claimed to have, then light would pass through it and you and th camera would not see it.

vb_master

Post by vb_master » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:27 pm

sam fisher wrote:Well, you won't find anything. They don't exist.
Got any evidence either way?

sam fisher

Post by sam fisher » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:29 pm

Yes, gravity holds you down, correct? Same laws apply here.

Puff0rx

Post by Puff0rx » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:30 pm

If ghosts exist, then leprechauns, fairies, vampires, witches (and not the "LUMOS!" kind), werewolves and Americans in the normal weight range all must exist as well. :roll:

(I am just kidding. I love America. I kid because I love.)
Last edited by Puff0rx on Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:30 pm

Of course there is going to be contraversary in this thread, but who else to expect it from than you, sam.

Guys, let him adventure, stop saying your beliefs. Just say good luck and have a good day if all you are here is to argue.

sam fisher

Post by sam fisher » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:35 pm

He can adventure. He can believe they can exist. Just as I can say they don't. fair is fair. However he won't find anything.

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:05 pm

The only real way (I cautiously use the word "real") to see if ghost are present are with those ghost hunting electromagnetic field detector thingies.

But now for my view...

When i was young i used to sleep in what is now my moms room.
I said that "i heard voices coming from my closet..."
My sister later took that room and she said the same thing

- Assuming they were voices that you couldn't understand what they were saying, I speculate that this is caused by something loose in the house, like a pipe that moans when the water is being used, or wood that grinds as the temperature/humidity goes up/down and it shrinks.

One night my mom was sleeping and she suddenly bolt awake just as my sister opened up the door and walked outside (she was 3 at the time)

- Maybe she bolted awake because your sister entered the room.:lol:

and another time i was sad because my dog that i had had since i was like 4 months old died...shortly after i felt something warm and furry brush by.

- Your imagination due to your emotions, a dream, or your cat.

And the newest one... our cat Bevin died and i was shutting off the lights when i saw a cat that looked EXACTLY like bevin jump onto the countertop (he used to do that) and then on top of the fridge.it looked at me and made a silent Meow and dissapered. the next morning one of my pet Rats was dead at the cage.

- Dream, most likely, due to your emotions about your dead cat. Or another cat somehow entered your house through a window or some form of shenanigans and was in your house and such. And it ate your rat.

So i want to find out if i can find the ghost of my dog Anna (who may have been too attached to the fammily to move on) same with Bevin
or the thing that i and my sister (and my mom) used to hear. Although that hasnt happened since my mom Put her aunt (or was it great aunts) bed and cabinet in the room...

i have a digital camera, i can use my old R2-D2 robot and Old Jengo Fett robots motion detectors and a video camera for sound...

Those won't do much.

You can buy EMF meters off of ebay and such (for a lot of money!). You can probably google free plans to make one for cheap.
Hey, sup?

sam fisher

Post by sam fisher » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:11 pm

How would a ghost that cannot be affected by our objects etc set up a infared beam that it would need to break?

*o*

Post by *o* » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:33 am

just something ive noticed...when a pet dies that you were very close to you often will see them for years and even feel them, i have noticed this...It is a natural part of grieving
Penn & Teller wrote:It's BULLS#%@

Darth Fett
Location:On my giant space station. Firing on earth in 3...2...1...

Post by Darth Fett » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:35 am

You guys have no sense of adventure.Come on, have a little fun rather than constantly saying he won't find anything.Your starting to sound like broken records. :roll:
Laugh and the world laughs with you; It's inhabitants are an entirely different story.

timmeh87

Post by timmeh87 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:54 am

i hate to be another guy coming in with a logical explanation when your original question wasnt asking for logical explanations but...

whenever i hear voices in my room, its because someone is having a conversation in the basement, and the sound carries very well through the air ducts between certain rooms.

your ghost expleriences seem to have no pattern, and it would be hard to predect where you should aim a camera. someone also had a point about ghosts not triggering IR beams.

if these ghosts exist, you are still going to have a heck of a time catching them.

"Linux is only free if your time is worthless"

sam fisher

Post by sam fisher » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:22 pm

Assuming ghosts did exist, which they dont, their ability to induce a current in coils suggests that a EMP could be used to effect them :D