Prototype Benheck.com Podcast

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

jones
Compound Intelligence
PSN Username:jarjarisgod

Post by jones » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:11 pm

NES_fanatic wrote:Hoo-ray!
Downloading...
Good times!

That reminds me... I need to check up on my bandwidth. :shock:

lifeisbetterwithketchup
Steam ID:lifeisbetterwithketchup

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:13 pm

Great podcast, Ben! I liked the Blu-ray vs, HDDVD vs. who gives a rats ass. I feel the same way.
Rekarp wrote:
mako321 wrote:What makes you head ninja, anyways? :wink:
Cause I am Abe F#!@ing Lincoln. :mrgreen:

NES_fanatic

Post by NES_fanatic » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:45 am

Wow, that podcast rocks, I want to be a recurring guest! "joining us via the internet is Videogames knowitall, Ray!"
Really, I have a serious side, who on earth thinks I could actually make it in life with only the personality you've met on the forum? :roll:

C'mon, Ben/Jason, It'd be fun; I listened to the podcast last night and the Daily Show this aint.

sam fisher

Post by sam fisher » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:43 pm

http://www.pw.gptheatre.co.uk/Benheck_D ... de%201.ogg

Thats a OGG version for people without that apple mp4 one installed. Or nero or whoever the hell's in that container :D

Its not much smaller filesize because its not lost any quality. I could have dropped that quality quite a bit actually without any loss.

Reploid Ayla

Post by Reploid Ayla » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:52 pm

Wow. Can I say Clerks, one step lower, on too much mountain dew?

My favorite part was the oblivion voice done by my your lovely mascot (whatever the other guy was supposed to be).

I would just call that an hour of bias.

oh wait... 2006... far from the eighties.

benheck
Site Admin

Post by benheck » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:20 am

Well I'm glad [those who have commented] seem to have liked the show.

We just finished a new "professional" intro and will probably record another podcast this Friday or Saturday. Still trying to come up with topics...

RE: Nes_fanatic and mentioning the Daily Show. Um yeah... We could do our podcast like that, sure...

PLAY VIDEO CLIP OF SOMETHING, PROBABLY INVOLVING THE PRESIDENT

CUT TO: HOST SMIRKING. AUDIENCE LAUGHES.

HOST REPEATS WHATEVER WAS SAID DURING AUDIO CLIP.

AUDIENCE LAUGHES AGAIN.

Wow, high comedy. How about... NO!

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:32 am

I just listened to the whole thing through, and I enjoyed it for the most part. Your fanboyist comments still tend to get to me, though! :lol: Although it was interesting; you did bring up some implementations about the Wii that I had never thought about as being setbacks; oh well. I'm still mostly undecided; I suppose I'll go where Square Enix goes!

CTFan

jones
Compound Intelligence

Post by jones » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:09 am

Reploid Ayla wrote:Wow. Can I say Clerks, one step lower, on too much mountain dew?

My favorite part was the oblivion voice done by my your lovely mascot (whatever the other guy was supposed to be).

Yes!!! I'm a mascot! Why not a sidekick? That sounds better. More like I contributed something. :wink:

Ben and I thought it would be good to present another opinion of the Wii that is completely different from the mostly "biased" opinions you find on the Internet these days. And we did give it the benefit of the doubt if you recall... We did say we will play it when it comes out and give it a chance. If we were truly Wii hatemongers we wouldn't even give it that much of a chance.

Now go buy a 360 already! :lol:

sam fisher

Post by sam fisher » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:43 am

jones wrote:
Reploid Ayla wrote:Wow. Can I say Clerks, one step lower, on too much mountain dew?

Yes!!! I'm a mascot! Why not a sidekick? That sounds better. More like I contributed something. :wink:

Ben and I thought it would be good to present another opinion of the Wii that is completely different from the mostly "biased" opinions you find on the Internet these days. And we did give it the benefit of the doubt if you recall... We did say we will play it when it comes out and give it a chance. If we were truly Wii hatemongers we wouldn't even give it that much of a chance.

Now go buy a 360 already! :lol:
He he. You rock :D

Did anyone buy as much with their 360 at launch as me? Anyone?

I got:
1 x 360
1 x extra wireless controller
4 x 360 games
2 x wireless battery packs and usb charging cable
I think there was more but I just don't remember.

Also you survived Oblivion unscathed!

jones
Compound Intelligence

Post by jones » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:56 am

sam fisher wrote: He he. You rock :D

Did anyone buy as much with their 360 at launch as me? Anyone?

I got:
1 x 360
1 x extra wireless controller
4 x 360 games
2 x wireless battery packs and usb charging cable
I think there was more but I just don't remember.

Also you survived Oblivion unscathed!
Yes, I did survive Oblivion and my marriage is intact as well! :) It's a great game. Now if I could only get it back from Ben...

I, as you know, did not buy my 360 at launch. I picked it up around May of this year. I bought everything you did, except I only bought 1 game instead of 4!!!

I've made up for that over time though as I must have 6 or 7 games by now and I've also picked up a bunch of the Live Arcade games well. Outpost Kaloki X rocks!!!

Ben and I will have to try to make the next podcast a little more inflammatory. We didn't piss nearly enough people off. :wink:

Have you been fortunate enough to survive Oblivion unscathed?

jgibson

Post by jgibson » Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:17 am

I survived Oblivion with my marriage intact as well, although I did get yelled at a few times for playing too long. It was a great 100 hours that I have sorely missed. :lol:
Life is a lot like a video game without the extra lives and continues.

benheck
Site Admin

Post by benheck » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:01 am

Jones you can grab Oblivion back this weekend. While testing the 360 laptop I've mostly played Hexic and the Dead Rising demo.

We're gonna do a new show by Saturday (just so we can tack the new intro onto it) so we do need some topics. We're open to suggestions, need about 3 total. Likely we can think of 2, but maybe the best one suggested here can be a third.

Think of a topic in games you'd like to hear Jones and mine opinions on.

Go nuts.

-Ben

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:37 am

Here are some suggestions you can talk about.

If you want talk about the HD-DVD add on that Microsoft has said will be released this year, and the price is speculated at $200. Oh and it has 2 USB port, but no one has a clear idea why.

PSP dropped down to about $150 or is it $200? Do you think it's worth buying even now?

Why the hell havent' you made a VCSp out of the Flashback 2 yet?

That's all I can think of now.

And I got to listen to the podcast last night, very funny. And you made a damn good argument about the whole Wii60 thing.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:48 am

Hmm...

- Are new video games more fun than the classics?
- The quality of the Crash Bandicoot games since Naughty Dog sold the character to Universal (I think CTR was the last really good Crash game).
- Is the DS worth buying now? Was it ever?
- Buying UMD copies of movies that you probably already own on DVD (and how silly it is)

jones
Compound Intelligence

Post by jones » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:59 am

jgibson wrote:I survived Oblivion with my marriage intact as well, although I did get yelled at a few times for playing too long. It was a great 100 hours that I have sorely missed. :lol:
I congratulate you on your achievement. It was no small task to make it through unscathed. Luckily my wife had Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life to keep her occupied so I don't think I ever even got yelled at for playing Oblivion too much. She actually thought Oblivion was pretty cool and would watch me play from time to time. Sounds like I got off easy! :wink: