Nothing's perfect! Not even you, DS Lite!

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

NES_fanatic

Post by NES_fanatic » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:46 am

It definitely does not affect only .02 percent of DS lites. This was posted in a forum and everyone there said "OMFG mines got that 2!".

teraflop122

Post by teraflop122 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:50 am

"The dreaded hinge defect?"... "It's terrible?"

Oh, you mean that incredibly tiny little hairline fraction? Does it harm the functionality of the hinge? (warning, answering 'no' will make me laugh)

I've never had trouble with any Nintendo product, aside from an ancient, second-hand NES with the cartridge screen flash trouble. The GBO I got 11 years ago still works just fine, and it experienced several daredevilish stunts during its useful time. I didn't upgrade until the GBC came out, and that thing also still runs fine. I got an original GBA, which still runs perfectly. None of those had any functional defects. I also bought an SP, DS, and DS Lite in rapid succession, and all of those had no functional defects either.

I suppose I'm just super lucky ~_~ eh?

NES_fanatic

Post by NES_fanatic » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:54 am

People just don't like the imperfection that screams in their face every time they see that crack. Plus I'm sure it poses some kind of long term threat.

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:18 am

teraflop122 wrote:"The dreaded hinge defect?"... "It's terrible?"

Oh, you mean that incredibly tiny little hairline fraction? Does it harm the functionality of the hinge? (warning, answering 'no' will make me laugh)
Normally, a small physical glitch such as this wouldn't bother me at all, but there have been accounts from sources that say if left too long, the crack (or cracks, as they can become more numerous) will completely destry the hinge, causing problems for top screen.

CTFan

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:37 am

Just put some super glue in the crack, who cares if you can still see the crack, and least it won't grow.

vb_master

Post by vb_master » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:38 am

vskid wrote:Just put some super glue in the crack, who cares if you can still see the crack, and least it won't grow.
Wouldn't you rather get a new one free?

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:53 am

vb_master wrote:
vskid wrote:Just put some super glue in the crack, who cares if you can still see the crack, and least it won't grow.
Wouldn't you rather get a new one free?
Oh, I forgot about that, but if you couldn't get a new one, super glue should work.

blackbox_dev

Post by blackbox_dev » Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:54 pm

I got my DS Lite yesterday. No hinge defect, however I do have a stuck pixel (stays on green). Ah well, doesn't bother me. If it ever does Ninty will repair it. Yay Ninty!
I'd imagine right now you wish you were a cuttlefish...

Turbo Tax 1.0
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:01 pm

i got a stuck red pixel right in the middle of my screen, i returned it though. only problem i have ever had with a nintendo product, except for my N64 frying :P with a little help from me
when life gives you lemons make flux
snesp mk4

lifeisbetterwithketchup
Steam ID:lifeisbetterwithketchup

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:31 pm

One of my buddies got a DS Lite with a stuck pixel. He returned it and everything's all hunky-dory now, but I'm curious as to what's up with Nintendo because the DS Lite is their only system where they've had problems (widespread anyway) with manufacturing. (stuck pixels and hinge crack)
Rekarp wrote:
mako321 wrote:What makes you head ninja, anyways? :wink:
Cause I am Abe F#!@ing Lincoln. :mrgreen:

Indigno

Post by Indigno » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:57 pm

I've had excellent experiences with Nintendo. My SNES, N64, GC, GBC, GBA, GBA SP have all worked great. My NES has the same problems anyone else's has, but it works. I have a GBP that has the screen protector fallen off, but it works fine.
I had a DS Hevy that worked at first, but it wouldn't charge or work from the wall plug. I switched out the battery with an SP battery and it didn't work, so it was the DS not the SP. I eventually got a new one and it works fine. But if you want me to have Lite experiences, you can always click below and give me a hand :D
Getting a tan while everyone else is in a blizzard... >.<

elementxmaster

Post by elementxmaster » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:14 am

Last edited by elementxmaster on Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Indigno

Post by Indigno » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:18 am

You can always send in your stuff to get fixed with Nintendo, they have excellent customer service. But I would have beaten my brother if he spit on my screen.
Getting a tan while everyone else is in a blizzard... >.<

elementxmaster

Post by elementxmaster » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:25 am

Last edited by elementxmaster on Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darth Fett
Location:On my giant space station. Firing on earth in 3...2...1...

Post by Darth Fett » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:26 pm

elementxmaster wrote:You guys have had loads of problems with nintendo products :shock: The only nintendo products I have is a GBA, a GBA SP and a gamecube.

Listen to my story...

Okay, it was a sunday and I was extremely bored ( mean really,really bored). I got out from my bed and I plunged my arm in a drawer full of socks only to pull out a GBA SP *Heavenly singing*. I put my Fire emblem in the card slot and I turned it on. Much to my surprise, the menu screen said "New game" instead of loading my save file. At that moment I thought that I had deleted my file, so I said to myself "ah.. what the hell it's only 17 chapters", so I created a new game and I played up to Chapter 3 on Lyns adventure, I saved the game turned it off and I went to the loo for a while. I came out of the loo, turned my GBA SP on and I played the game again, surprise surprise there was no save file...
It was really annoying but Nintendo's nifty cstomer support managed to fix it.

Here's another story, My younger brother was annoying me in the car, so I turned my trusty GBA on to play LOZ: Minish cap, being the annoying prick my younger brother is, he spat on my GBA screen and it went in the speakers which screwed the GBA up. But that didn't stop me from opening it up and cleaning out all the gooey stuff.

When I buy my DS lite, it better not have any dead pixels or hinge defects otherwise I'm gonna be mad :evil:
The game save one happens to me a lot.Why, of all my games, did Aria of Sorrow have to break?!I had the perfect save I tell you!I found the limits to everything!Everything! :cry:
Edit:Yet another GBA cart of mine broke last night. :cry: @$%**%^@ those batteries!
Last edited by Darth Fett on Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Laugh and the world laughs with you; It's inhabitants are an entirely different story.