What do you think of this device, Portable multi system.

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

mog123

Post by mog123 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:31 pm

yeah im from europe, i've got like 30 bucks saved.

Make a portable Super Famicom (although i have an emulator in my cellphone)

Or just buy more Super Famicom games for the money?:p

Reploid Ayla

Post by Reploid Ayla » Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:56 pm

well has anybody busted open a cart yet?

Reaperman@home

Post by Reaperman@home » Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:20 pm

Reploid Ayla wrote:well has anybody busted open a cart yet?
yes, in the last post about the system some german folk were linked. their site isn't up anymore, but I'll sum it up: gloptop and romchip.

it was an 8-bit famiclone game for it that they took apart, but I suspect they're all the same. the exception is that some of the 16-bit titles require an adapter plugged in between the system and gamecart to run. the adapter probably has the system chip inside it, and the game carts plug into it.

figmentfilm

So, the screen is...

Post by figmentfilm » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:10 am

Sorry to dig this from the grave, but I was wondering if anybody has managed to grab pinouts for this guy y/t. Mine should be here shortly... just don't want to reinvent the wheel, here.
With hip pads becoming a thing of the past, and LCD TV portables becoming a bit of a rarity, I think the new cheap source of quality LCD is pretty choice!

...answer me or suffer the onslaught of 'can I use a gameboy screen? how about a digital camera? Can I use a TI 83 screen in my portable?"

:-)

Been reading the forum for months now, read the book, love the stuff I see here. Time to build mine though, and darnit! EBAY is out of half this stuff!

Anyways... I'm a rant/ramble poster. The question still is.. Any pinouts for the OneStation LCD as of yt?

Reaperman@home

Post by Reaperman@home » Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:39 am

no pinouts of the cart slot that I've seen. and I've looked, quite hard. I was very interested in figuring them out for a while, but I haven't even persuaded myself to buy one yet.

figmentfilm

As for the LCD?

Post by figmentfilm » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:28 am

Well, I gave in and bought one... The screen is beautiful... and that angers me. I'm thinking it would have been easier to trace back to the lcd if I had a game cart to snag the pinouts from this darn LCD... The LCD is a solid plactic form, 3 volt for the LEDs and the rest is a mini mystery.
I love this thing already though! The PCB has the LCD part number on it. TD025THEA3.
Now all I have to do is learn a few Asian languages and Russian. If anybody has bought one of these and can pass me a game cart to aid my trace with the scope, that would just be spiffy.
Cheers
Marc

tom61

Post by tom61 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:10 pm

That part number seems to be a standard TFT LCD, you'd have to find a controller for this to work with a console.

figmentfilm

Post by figmentfilm » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:36 pm

Its a TFT LCD module,, the controller is actually built into the plastic frame. it takes 8 bit serial RGB and a timer input... but where and to what pins, I have no idea. I finished the full results in the screen hacks forums... but in short... It can not be used.

Reaperman@home

Post by Reaperman@home » Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:28 am

that's quite a shame. it seemed so useful.
the graphics in 16-bit mode are so good that I may still get one, though. (not the sega games, but the original 16-bit titles)

abbibi

Post by abbibi » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:33 am

Beating the dead horse, I found another german site that includes internal pics of the onestation:
http://devgba.snowcristals.net/index.php/One_Station
Take that, you stupid horse! :twisted:
The Portables of Doom!
PortablesofDoom.org

gannon

Post by gannon » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:39 am

Only internal pics of the carts that I see.

abbibi

Post by abbibi » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:50 am

My bad, I linked to the main page for the onestation section. This is the page you're looking for:
http://devgba.snowcristals.net/index.ph ... geschraubt
The Portables of Doom!
PortablesofDoom.org

gannon

Post by gannon » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:57 am

Looks like all the tech is in the cart...kinda odd.

figmentfilm

Post by figmentfilm » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:35 pm

Lol, I wish I had found that before I dropped $$ on mine for prototyping, I trye a onestation and a VG Game system... both use RGB, the driver is on the panel itself (so, no REAL controller board) It can take RGB but would need a clock signal to drive it... So it's not useless, you MIGHT be able to tap off the RGB on board for some of the newer gen portables, but for NOACs etc... no good.
...Horse on life support forum v1.2