Time Travel?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

HK-47

Post by HK-47 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:02 am

http://www.tenthdimension.com/flash2.php
Nothing like multiple dimensions... ;)

Click on "Imagining the Ten Dimensions" on the left sidebar, then watch all of the video clips.

joevennix
Portablizer

Post by joevennix » Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:52 am

Whoah that's a cool site, I finally somewhat understand the dimensions above 4.

sam fisher

Post by sam fisher » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:10 am

SavageLych wrote:I have a few problems with what you guys are saying.

1.Don't say somthing is impossible with theorys, there an educated guess, not a proven fact

2. If you go back in time your time machine would not exist(unless your in a diffrent "demension"?

3. I think I understand the demension thingie, have you ever seen the Jet Le movie called "The One"?

4.Scientists have used electricity to cause explosions to move round metal disks (no not flying saucers silly, there about the size of my head) and they found that they go faster right when the explosion occures (ovesly i mean a LOT faster, like a HUGE diffrence) and they think that they may be able to get the diffrence big enough where they might be able to travel threw time (if they could make somthing strong enough and insilated enough to keep you from blowing up or whatever is suposed to happen) which would take a TON of electrical energy, which makes it impossible right now.
You make no sense. If you used a time machine to travel back in time, chances are, you'd take it with you.

Are you on about the rotational effect on time dialation with you're fourth point? I think you are referring to a experiment to change the velocity of an object that was explained slightly too complex for you and you jsut got that they were rotating the object. In the experiment I am thinking of. They attempted to lower the velocity of the object by negating the effect of the earth rotating on its own axis. Although it would still be moving around the sun.

I think what you are referring too with taking too much electricty is either one of two things.

1) The fact that electrons are seen to move freely between dimensions

2) The massive amount of energy to either fold space, in the third dimension, or to attempt to fold the fourth dimension, time.

Dr. KillGood

Post by Dr. KillGood » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:43 am

bicostp wrote:All I know is:

- you need a flux capacitor
- the stainless steel body of the DeLorean keeps it stable in the time warp
- you must bring your own weapons
- your safety isn't guarenteed.

;)

elementxmaster

Post by elementxmaster » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:16 pm

Last edited by elementxmaster on Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gamelver

Post by Gamelver » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:20 pm

You could perhaps change the seasons by changing the direction of the earth, but it would not really affect the actual timeline.
Without games my life would have no meaning.
Well, I guess it would, but it would be a lot less fun!!!!!!!

elementxmaster

Post by elementxmaster » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:24 pm

Last edited by elementxmaster on Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

madc0w
Location:In the ghetto of Larchmont! A HALF-A-MIL HOUSE IS GANGSER!

Post by madc0w » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:50 pm

Yes we can. Go into space. You're not on earth, yet time passes. So sun+earth!=passage of time.
Kayleigh57020 wrote: "button" is insanity.
Scientology
Dangerous Cult

SavageLych

Post by SavageLych » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:00 pm

I'm saying if you were to go back in time befor your time amchines was created, wouldn't it dissapear, I'm <b>not</b> saying that you wouldn't take it with you, <u>it simply would not exist</u>

no sam, i'm saying there making electrical explosions to propel an object, saw it on the discovery channel :D

Metroid fan

Post by Metroid fan » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:05 pm

If you guys like this kind of stuff (like I do) then watch These They're all about string theory and physics. They have gravitons in there so get watching (Three hours of physics!) :P
EDIT: Graviton = Here

sam fisher

Post by sam fisher » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:38 pm

SavageLych wrote:I'm saying if you were to go back in time befor your time amchines was created, wouldn't it dissapear, I'm <b>not</b> saying that you wouldn't take it with you, <u>it simply would not exist</u>

no sam, i'm saying there making electrical explosions to propel an object, saw it on the discovery channel :D
Ummm....yes...I know that. Its not big new news. Someone made a levitating device in his garage. It uses a crap load of high current and super high voltage power. Don't remember the theory behind its operation though.

Klefmung

Post by Klefmung » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:51 pm

If you could fast foward time and then go back, think about it. Everybody would jump to the future for the technology there, but then noone would have reproduced in the past. So they would be the only people there, only to find the same technology, just in the future.
gannon wrote:hmm... *ponders about power abuse* :P
benheck wrote:Wow, guess I should have searched my own forums! Oh wait, I don't have to since the rules don't apply to me ;)

sam fisher

Post by sam fisher » Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:50 pm

If a paradox was reached, it would be as if the paradox had never happened. It would loop over and over. As the video says, if we were able to do things in the 4th, 5th and 6th dimensions we could see paradox's and avoid them.

xelion

Post by xelion » Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:06 pm

Timeline by Michael Chrichton(sp) is a good read... uhh yeah I was going to add more to this, but I forgot..

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:15 pm

xelion wrote:Timeline by Michael Chrichton(sp) is a good read... uhh yeah I was going to add more to this, but I forgot..
Yeah, that is a good book, I really liked it.