Way to get around school filters.

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Maniac_Man
Location:It depends on where you are and if you farted or not
Way to get around school filters.

Post by Maniac_Man » Tue May 23, 2006 2:03 pm

My school blocks almost everything. Most of the time I can't get to the sites I need to get to that are posted here. Here is a link to the only proxy server i found that will work with my school's filters:
http://mobilehive.net/~c317/v3/v3-page.cgi

cool, eh?

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Tue May 23, 2006 2:08 pm

Those proxies work with torrent ports? Just wondering as Baker blocks the torrent ports and if you even try to use them they shut down the internet connection for 30 minutes.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

Maniac_Man
Location:It depends on where you are and if you farted or not

Post by Maniac_Man » Tue May 23, 2006 2:12 pm

im not sure. i havent tried using it for anything besides going on myspace and stuff.

Sword_Gun

Post by Sword_Gun » Tue May 23, 2006 2:20 pm

Will it work on URL Filter?
I hate that copulate filter!

Official Beta Quest Hunter
Official Alpha Quest Hunter

NES NOW!!: DONE!

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face

Post by gamemasterAS » Tue May 23, 2006 2:38 pm

Well i will have these problems no longer. I found out a ADMIN password on our schols computers. See i found this out because we have a acount for kids with broken accounts.

username: student
password: smstudent

So I put in.

username: teacher
password: smteacher

So I got in there "SECURE" network and found the IP and port. So my freind is going to get on and delete bess ( our school filtering ) . Then we can mess up more stuff. And also host games in the summer. :D

gamer2

Post by gamer2 » Tue May 23, 2006 2:41 pm

I found a way to check my emails in school, just go to Yahoo France. I knew the french would do something right.

jeep

Post by jeep » Tue May 23, 2006 2:59 pm

Well, one time I founded out a big exploit with the novel client we had in school. Well, one txt file was saved in an admin folder. I had a remote shortcut to it in «My documents favorite». Big surprise, the file opened. I was like uh what the hell... I'm on a student account. So I go in save as, and oh miracle ! I can see the admin folders and all the things. So I took the program that allow remote control of all the network computer, and back it up on an USB key. Anyway, I had a read only access to everything in the admin folder for some reason... Didn't do anything bad with it though...

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Tue May 23, 2006 3:16 pm

I'm stuck with SonicWall. DAMN YOU SONICWALL!

The only workaround I found to work is https://proxify.com For some reason the secure connection mode isn't blocked... I tried setting PortableFirefox to use a proxy server, but it blocked it. I just use WinHTTrack to make a local copy of a website I want to use that is blocked and throw it on my USB hard drive.

Sites that are blocked which I wish weren't:
-Afrotech (reason: hacking/proxy avoidance systems)
-Hack a day (reason: hacking/proxy avoidance systems)
-ctrlaltdel-online.com (reason: custom Administrative settings) (however cad-comic.com works. :lol:)
-archive.org (reason: hacking/proxy avoidance systems) (probably because of the wayback machine)
-the-underdogs.info (reason: gaming)
and many more! :roll:

Only 3 more days and I won't care anymore. Senior year! Woo! :D

blackbox_dev

Post by blackbox_dev » Tue May 23, 2006 3:23 pm

jeep wrote:Well, one time I founded out a big exploit with the novel client we had in school. Well, one txt file was saved in an admin folder. I had a remote shortcut to it in «My documents favorite». Big surprise, the file opened. I was like uh what the hell... I'm on a student account. So I go in save as, and oh miracle ! I can see the admin folders and all the things. So I took the program that allow remote control of all the network computer, and back it up on an USB key. Anyway, I had a read only access to everything in the admin folder for some reason... Didn't do anything bad with it though...
Simalir experience here. Our computers block every drive letter except for the floppy, cd-rom, and a network drive which is our My Documents folder. Here's what I did to get in to the C: drive:

■ Create shortcut
■ Enter destination 'CMD'
■ Open shortcut
■ Run command "EXPLORER.EXE C:"

Works like a charm, don't worry, I haven't created any havoc with it (yet :twisted: , jk).

Also, they block everythink else like the run command on the Start menu, right click, etc.

At my school I use to use a proxy called Withlslam, but then it went down. (With PortableFirefox or course, if I use IE there's a chance they'll look at my history and then bad things happen :wink: )
I'd imagine right now you wish you were a cuttlefish...

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Tue May 23, 2006 3:30 pm

i get to deal with the 8e6 technoligies r3000 hardware/software filter, SUX! next to impossible to bypass

vb_master

Post by vb_master » Tue May 23, 2006 3:30 pm

We don't have any filters at my school. They do "record" what you do on the computers, but people play games all the time (even right in front of the computer teacher) and she doesn't care.

SavageLych

Post by SavageLych » Tue May 23, 2006 5:59 pm

Aah the dreded bess. that stupid copulate dog.... Our school went as far as to block comand prompt, but i think i'll try that teacher thing you tried :), or i can steal my teachers password and make my own admin account...

Dark Savant0

Post by Dark Savant0 » Tue May 23, 2006 8:08 pm

At our school, there is a "proxy" ring, and all proxies are used. I have a proxy with a password and stuff on it, and begged the teacher not to block it. Only the Computer Science class has ever used it.

We also periodically install CS:Source and the like, and then there are games between classes across campus. It is amazing.

daguuy
Portablizer

Post by daguuy » Tue May 23, 2006 8:59 pm

Dansguardian is insane. the problem is that the school doesn't have it, my home network is strictly firewalled. i know how to easily get to banned sites (phproxy.org) but that can't get to sites it deems inappropriate (it thinks almost everything is inappropriate, especially inapropriate stuff). proxify can get past that but it's too restricted for non-subscribers so i need another one. are there any other https proxies?
ImageImage

teraflop122

Post by teraflop122 » Wed May 24, 2006 6:15 am

I'm not sure if this will work for all of you, as I've only done it on Websense before.

Go to the following site and find an address on port 8080. In IE, click tools>internet options>connections>lan settings and put the address into the feild labelled Proxy Server, and check the box which says to use the proxy server. Don't forget to specify port 8080.

http://www.steganos.com/?area=updateproxylist

You see, port 8080 is used by Websense blocking software to identify inappropriate websites. All requests over 8080 are not blocked, and Websense can not block its own 8080 port. You're left with dialup speeds, but you can go anywhere and do anything on the internet that you want.