OOps! Broke ankle.

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

G-force
OOps! Broke ankle.

Post by G-force » Tue May 09, 2006 8:46 am

Yep, my luck finally wore out. I almost reached 18 without breaking a single bone.
It was a rather dumb break too. I went to an open day at a camp to try outn their skatepark. But the only size skate they had broke a wheel (while I was on it, lol) so I triede skateboarding for the first time. After 10 minutes on it I decided I liked it so much I should try dropping into the snallest quarter pipe they had. As you can see by the pic it didn't go so well.
Not swure what happened but my rioght foot got twisted all the way to the right. The doc at the hospital says I broke the smaller bone (tibula?) near the ankle, and that if I hadn't also torn a ligament then a simple cast would be all I needed. But you guys know me, when I do a job I do it GOOD. :P I have to have surgery with asteelplate and screws and all that jazz. In fact it's only 4 hours away now. I'm somewhat anxious.

Oh yeah, I broke it saturday and had to wait till monday to see the doc. UNtil then I was to keep it completely imobilized or it would flop all around very fishlike. That meant I had to pee into a jar for those couple days :P Too much information? Blame it on the painkillers.

So you guys are going to be seeing a lot more of me for about a month. YAY! :lol:

Extreme_Jesus
Location:Old Hampshire, none of that New hampshire stuff....

Post by Extreme_Jesus » Tue May 09, 2006 8:51 am

Oh dear, that looks nasty

ahh skate related injuries.......

i remember my first...

I do find it off that ive been skating from nearly 4 years and ive broken two bones, but not because i skating :lol:

I broke my finger on a trampoline and i broke my wrist jumping off a swing :lol:

Closest ive come is i nearly bit the end of my tounge of when i smashed my chin into the top of a ramp :lol:

EDIT: how could i forgotten this one? i winded myself, went blind and passed out down a ramp :lol: i walked away from that one completely fine, but i still had to go to hospital to see if i was bleeding internally :lol:

Zzebotes13

Post by Zzebotes13 » Tue May 09, 2006 2:53 pm

that sucks. how bad did it hurt? hope it heels fast 8)
I will always put 8) at the end of my posts

daguuy
Portablizer

Post by daguuy » Tue May 09, 2006 3:27 pm

ouch! broken bones must hurt, i havn't broken one yet
ImageImage

NES_fanatic

Post by NES_fanatic » Tue May 09, 2006 3:44 pm

I'm hoping I can at least hit 18 without breaking something. So far (16) so good...

G-force

Post by G-force » Sun May 14, 2006 11:39 am

Zzebotes13 wrote:that sucks. how bad did it hurt? hope it heels fast 8)
Thanks. Didn't hurt too bad, but it was kinda freaky seeing my foot flopping around not unlike a dead fish.

The surgery was not too bad. Not fun though. And the after effects of the drugs used really sent me for a loop. I fell asleep the day after the surgery and forgot everything from the past day!! And when I woke up I was 110% sure that it was 10 in the morning, not in the evening (and it was) even though it was pitch black out. I thought it was an eclipse or something :shock: My parents had to remind that I got up and ate lunch and other stuff before I could remember any of it. Weird.

Oh yeah. On top of the broken leg, my dial-up internet connection is not working right. It's switching on/off/on every couple minutes randomly, but it's not disconnecting just interrupting. I gotta find a way to fix it.
Any ideas? I don't think it's the wireless router because even the PC plugged into it is having the same prblem.

daleighan

Post by daleighan » Sun May 14, 2006 12:18 pm

I've had some crazy injuries skating, but no broken bones (and i've been skating for about 5 years

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Sun May 14, 2006 12:57 pm

That would look like it hurt, but seeing it is one thing, feeling is another. I remember when i was 12 and was in 6th grade. I went up a ramp, and another kid went up the other end. We collided. I was on roller blades, and he was on a scooter. The result? A 4 inch gash in my knee. The other kid was crying his head off and all he got was a couple of scratches on his arm. I just sat there and my mom took me to the Emergency room. I got out at 12 PM snd went to Burger King (hey, all that surgery made me hungry :P ) and i went on from there. Now, whenever doctors do that thing where they hit your knee and your leg moves, well.....mine doesnt :) Just my 2 cents :wink:

Weebl

Post by Weebl » Sun May 14, 2006 1:49 pm

Ouch, that looks and sounds pretty painful. I'm glad the surgery went fine.

The funny thing is, I'm probably one of the most cautious and careful people I've ever known, yet I've broken both of my collarbones, had 3 big gashes requiring stitches, and I've chipped off half of one of my front teeth. Go figure.
Women are like internet domain names; all the ones I like are taken
Check out my shameless abuse of free blogging here

Shadeslayer

Post by Shadeslayer » Thu May 18, 2006 9:41 am

I remember when I was 12 I was jumping on a trampoline with 5 other people (Note the warning 'One at a time') and I got pushed and my leg went between the springs and hit the bar. My body went over the bar but my leg was stuck :shock: It was so bent up I almost passed out but kept my cool. My leg looked like an 'L' but bent the wrong way. *OUCH* :cry:

Krepticor

Post by Krepticor » Thu May 18, 2006 10:53 am

fibula

Tibula is the larger bone facing foward

But anyway now you have an excus to sit around playing videogames on strong pain meds :lol: :lol: :lol:

j/k anyway hope you get better
I refuse to dignify myself with an intelligent and witty signature

**$cuba $teve**

Post by **$cuba $teve** » Thu May 18, 2006 1:03 pm

I broke my ankle on Dec. 25th 2002. I was numb from playing with my Christmas present,(ps2, Ratchet and clank)sitting for hours with my legs crosed and I went over to my friend's place, lost my balance and fell on the porch steeps.
people online wrote:*$cuba $teve*, Damn you!!!!

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face

Post by gamemasterAS » Fri May 19, 2006 3:20 pm

Wow that looks painfull the worst thing I have had was when I had sugery to corect my weird feet that faced inward. Well they cut the bone rotated it and screwed a plate in. It was the worst and most painfull experience of my life. :cry: I did not cry though and I was only 10 or 9 or maybe 11. I dunno.

blackbox_dev

Post by blackbox_dev » Fri May 19, 2006 4:35 pm

You did not cry, yet you put a crying smiley. Hmmm. :lol:
I'd imagine right now you wish you were a cuttlefish...

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Fri May 19, 2006 4:36 pm

gamemasterAS wrote:I was only 10 or 9 or maybe 11. I dunno.
How old are you now, then?