I am filled with joy

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

F

Post by F » Tue May 09, 2006 9:23 pm

Distortional wrote:Ok. I'll start. For one, Nintendo have some weird traditions ... like you've all heard of 'communist mario'. That's just the start of it. Nintendo only have one thing and that's their consoles, if they screw that up, they're completely dead (finally!). Sony and Microsoft could easily quit the gaming market and still live. Nintendo were good until the GC came out, after that they became completely lame. First off, thanks for alienating the market here and calling the next console "Wii". Nice job retard.

Next ... The made Zelda Windwaker, now what was that about? Cell shading? I don't think it is no. Comparing that game to Ocarina of Time ... OoT wins hands down. They change too much and lose their fans in the process. Also, nice one in releasing the GC without DVD support. You know it's now the cheapest console to buy. You may say, oh yay, cheap. It's cheap cause nobody wants it anymore. It's obsolete.

Nintendo have changed from making their games for all ages to making them for kids. Their whole market depends on 5 to 12 year olds. If your company depends on 5-12 year olds ... you need to do some rethinking.

You're right though, I don't want to start a lam flamewar ... you know, with that crappy remote prototype controller. That's how they think now. That's how bad they've gotten.
Even if the Wii fails dismally (which I doubt), Nintendo will still survive easily. The DS is one of the best-selling video game systems of all time, and is beating Sony's PSP by a longshot. Nintendo's main cash cow is, and has been, the DS.

Second, it would have been nearly impossible to improve upon Ocarina of Time. Ocarina got numerous perfect scores from magazines across the globe. Nintendo tried something new. It was not as big of a hit as Ocarina of Time, but Wind Waker still sold extraordinarily well. And you know what Nintendo's doing now? They're returning Zelda to the "realistic" graphics. They learned from their mistake.

I will admit that the GCN should have had DVD support, but that had little effect on the outcome of the previous generation of console wars. The GCN debuted at $100 less than the PS2 and Xbox, and at that price you could buy a stand-alone DVD player far superior to the PS2's or the Xbox's offerings.

Please don't spout random crap about the GCN being cheap because nobody wants it anymore. Care to back that up?

Nintendo does not make games only for kids. My dad and his friends from the office had a day where they all brought games into work and played them during lunch. They brought all three consoles, and a few games for each. You know which game they played most? Super Monkey Ball, the epitome of "kiddy." Nintendo is only considered "kiddy" by those who are so wrapped up in appearing "cool" that they lose sight of what is really and truly fun.

Also, Nintendo does have quite a few games for adult audiences only, such as Resident Evil.

Finally, you obviously did want to start a flame war. You hurled insults faster than Randy Johnson's pitches.

I will respond to the rest of your posts later, but now I have to go to bed. I've got my AP Calculus and AP World History finals tomorrow.

Distortional

Post by Distortional » Wed May 10, 2006 12:25 am

Jeez. You people really want to defend a games console. That's all it is. I didn't hurl insults. Again more stuff I didn't do that people claim I did. Well, i'm afaid the nature of this community has driven me away from it and I will not be posting here again. Are people not allowed free speech anymore? Is this not the internet? Oh well, it doesn't matter. It was hardly free speech anyways, cause it was backed up with fact. Oh, TS3 is not an adult game.

Anyway, Luc asked me to stop posting in blue (don't really see why because of sigs etc.) but as this is my last post ... boo hoo.

Have fun fanboys.

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Wed May 10, 2006 12:28 am

Distortional wrote:Jeez. You people really want to defend a games console. That's all it is. I didn't hurl insults. Again more stuff I didn't do that people claim I did. Well, i'm afaid the nature of this community has driven me away from it and I will not be posting here again. Are people not allowed free speech anymore? Is this not the internet? Oh well, it doesn't matter. It was hardly free speech anyways, cause it was backed up with fact. Oh, TS3 is not an adult game.

Anyway, Luc asked me to stop posting in blue (don't really see why because of sigs etc.) but as this is my last post ... boo hoo.

Have fun fanboys.
I love you too!

psychotic_mechanic

Post by psychotic_mechanic » Wed May 10, 2006 12:48 am

Goodbye Troll!
American gamer stationed in Japan, PM with your import gaming desires.

Now with dancing boobies as my avatar!

gamer2

Post by gamer2 » Wed May 10, 2006 6:22 am

Ok, you say that anyone who is over 13 and plays nintendo needs to mature. I'l be 18 in 16 days, and i still love nintendo. they come out with quality games, and quality manufactured consoles. I have nieces and nephews that also play games, when they want to play a game with me, ill play nintendo with them couse i have more adult games on my XBOX, my PS2, and of course some on my gamecube. Now i dont like sony this generation (couse they killed the dreamcast) but that wont stop me from wanting a PS3. The PS3 and Wii have thier strong points, also thier weak points. Stop being a fanboy and play some gamecube.

Now to make fun of the title of this thread ;-)

JOYYYYYY, you'll never meet any woman the likes of herrrrr.
Distortional wrote:Are people not allowed free speech anymore
Not fanboys

jeep

Post by jeep » Wed May 10, 2006 6:44 am

Distortional wrote: Are people not allowed free speech anymore?
Yep... and that's what you had, "free speech", can we have free speech too ?