Damn Oblivion Glitch

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Radon199
Damn Oblivion Glitch

Post by Radon199 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:59 pm

Well I went to my local EB to pick up Oblivion for the 360 today, I have it for PC but I just got a 360 on Saturday and my PC dose not run it well. I get there and they have a used copy, apperintly the guy didn't like the game and wanted his money back (or so we all thought). I had some games to trade in, as well as my EB edge card and so I got it for $45 instead $70+ something Canadian. Sounded like a good deal and I figured this guy just didn't like RPGs. So I get it home, weight for people to vacate the good TV and pop the disk in. Works great and I start playing the opening level as I always do. I play throught the main part untill I get to the door where you exit the suers and theres no freaking floor! It goes on for a whyle untill right before the end of the level and then theres just no floor and you fall down into the water under the level. Now things are comeing into place, this guy must have found the problem and decided that instead of returing it for a new game, he would just trade it in. Now weather it was EB Game's fault or whoever bought the game but eather way i'm calling up EB in the morning and getting a new copy (hopefully).

The map just literally ends and no matter how many times I restart the game/delete the thingy on the 360's HD theres still a hole in the same place. The games garenteed so I better get atleast a full-refund towards a good copy if not a direct exchange. Oh, ya and to the guy who returned the game without telling EB you better hope that I don't see you there next time i'm in! -_-;

timmeh87

Post by timmeh87 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:49 pm

a new copy would probably have the same bug... wouldnt it?

unless its something like theres a scratch on the disc so part of the level dosent load properly... or something.

this is most strange indeed.

"Linux is only free if your time is worthless"

dj-spuddy

Post by dj-spuddy » Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:57 am

Yeah the 360 is a bit bugy at the moment. Are you sure it's not overheating? See I get the same problem with Condemned. When it gets a bit hot things start to not get rendered, Everything is black textures and then you can just fall through parts in the floor.Also quite a lot of the time my 360 rejects disc even when there bran new. I don't seem to have any problems with oblivion yet though but since I updated my 360 with the oblivion upgrade my system has been unable to play old xbox games.
Meh... So I don't post much?

Me =
Here

SavageLych

Post by SavageLych » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:10 am

Dj spud do you keep your 360 in or near a friggin fire? i played all my friends 360's for atleast 7hrs at a time at each persons house... no overheat proublems, as for the glitch, happened a lilbit in morrowind, it means there are corrupt firle, its a manufacturing defect... happend to me in morrowind, jsut bfor the disk shattered in my cdrw drive... i had to open the thing up and carefully pull out a lot of little cd cunks...

dj-spuddy

Post by dj-spuddy » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:13 am

SavageLych wrote:Dj spud do you keep your 360 in or near a friggin fire? i played all my friends 360's for atleast 7hrs at a time at each persons house... no overheat proublems, as for the glitch, happened a lilbit in morrowind, it means there are corrupt firle, its a manufacturing defect... happend to me in morrowind, jsut bfor the disk shattered in my cdrw drive... i had to open the thing up and carefully pull out a lot of little cd cunks...
Nope not at all. It just overheats increbibly. I have to keep a desk fan next to it to achieve about 4 hours gameplay or it would overheat.

Me =
Here

Radon199

Post by Radon199 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:49 am

Well I can play Farcry and PGR3 for hours without a problem, it's definatly not overheating, and it's in the middle of the starting dungion so theres no way to continue the game with a hole in the floor, i've deleted the saves and erased the Temp files on the HD and i'm playing through it again with a new disk (the colectors disk) and hopefully for some odd reason my game was corupted at the very begining. I love Oblivion and Microsoft will be getting heck if it dosn't work. -_-;

timmeh87

Post by timmeh87 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:57 am

isnt there like an older, overheating version an an newer, fixed verion of the 360? depending on when you bought it?

"Linux is only free if your time is worthless"

dj-spuddy

Post by dj-spuddy » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:02 am

timmeh87 wrote:isnt there like an older, overheating version an an newer, fixed verion of the 360? depending on when you bought it?
Yeah I think so, Mines really early as I bought it a week after release. Others seem to have no problems with theres.

Me =
Here

sam fisher

Post by sam fisher » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:03 am

I hope not as mine is UK launch 360!

Radon199

Post by Radon199 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:10 am

Well I only got it on Saturday so it's more than likely a third shipment model, so far the things been keeping nice and cool and I havn't experenced any problems becides the hole in the floor, as I said chances are somehow when the save was created something got corrupted in it and thats why the floor was gone. I have 80 minutes untill I get home from school and hopefully when I play this new char on a new disk it wont be all crappy. I have heard of people with 360s having some errors with their Oblivion games from things like invisible NPCs and game crashes, stuff like that and a badly loaded map file could be just another on the long list of hickups the game has. I don't care really, still a sweet game either way.