Sites I cannot access (there's a lot more, but here are the nbotable ones I have tried):
- http://www.samair.ru/proxy/ Reason: Proxy
- http://www.hackaday.com Reason: Hacking
- http://proxify.com Reason: Proxy
- https://proxify.com Reason: Proxy
- http://www.bigfoot4x4.com/ Reason: Cult/Occult (read on)
- http://www.airsoftgi.com Reason: Weapons
(Some of the) General stuff you can't get to:
- Proxy Reason: Proxy
- Nessie, Bigfoot, yeti Reason: Cult/Occult
- The Archive.org WayBack machine. Reason: "proxy/firewall aviodance"
Stuff you CAN get to:
- How to make, place and detonate your own plastic explosives
- Sites where you can buy AK-47s
- other stuff like this
It's ridiculous. I don't have a problem with the weapons or drugs being blocked, but Hackaday and the official Bigfoot the monster truck website?!
What the hell does THAT have to do with <a href="http://www.bigfoot4x4.co.uk/Images/Mons ... >THIS?!</a>the company wrote:Cult/Occult: Sites that promote or offer methods, means of instruction, or other resources to affect or influence real events through the use of spells, curses, magic powers, satanic or supernatural beings.
Another thing; my friend (who is into Airsoft) was looking up pictures of the latest Airsoft gun he wants to get, so he went to Google Images and looked it up. The thumbnails showed up, but when you click them it blocks access to the sites. So he just opens up ImageShack, hosts it there and views it.
Apparently the system is running <a href="http://www.sonicwall.com/products/cfs.h ... nicWALL</a>. Any way you know of that I can get to Hackaday, Engadget, and other such electronics sites? I mean besides using WinHTTrack to mirror them or going through butt-slow Google Translate or Babelfish? (both of which work)
I'm not saying the school shouldn't have a content filter, I'm saying they should have a smarter one.